• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Warning: Some of the content implemented in this ROM Hack may be considered unfit for kids. You have been warned.
Warning: Support for cheats is not offered in this thread.

IMPORTANT Thread for Adventure Red Volume 2

image.png

Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter
A Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 hack created by Aethestode

Story

This hack is an adaptation of the Pokémon Adventures/Special Manga, in the eyes of Red.
It follows the story of this trainer from Pallet Town, as he embarks on his own Pokémon Journey.

The story of this hack is divided in Chapters.
Spoiler:

Features

Screenshots

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Every update for the hack is being posted in this thread almost as soon as they are posted in the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2UQuhfP
If you want to see a post that includes all the updates released since the Beta 13, please click right here to check the Special Updates Post!

Credits

• Aethestode - Creator and sole developer of this hack, and designer of various sprites as well.
  • MrDollSteak - Gen. 3 ROM Base
  • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - ASM Routines
  • Darthatron - B2/W2 Repel System
  • Peetzaahhh - Pokémon Logo
  • Jambo51 - ASM Routines
  • JPAN - Hacked Engine
  • Danzen the real 1 - Sprite
  • Soloo993 - Trainer Sprites
  • Thedarkdragon11 - Gen. 7 Sprites
  • Computer Max/CompuMax - Coloured Badges
  • xSky - Spriting
  • C067912881 - Spriting
  • Blizzard - Spriting
  • Xerxes - Spriting
  • Umbralwisp - Spriting
  • Makotto - Spriting
  • LeParagon - Spriting
  • Suzierain - Orangean Beldum's design
  • TheCraigadile - Gorochu's sprite
  • Ruki - HP Bar
  • jiangzhengwenjzw - Mugshots, EV-IV Screen and Extra Movement Code
  • Naren Jr - Pokémon Menu
  • il1dan - Pokémon Type Icons
  • Diegoisawesome - GBA BIOS issue fix
  • Lunos - Grammar and Punctuation
  • DarkDestroyer - Grammar and Punctuation
  • KingofNoobs - Grammar and Punctuation
  • CM-sS - Grammar and Punctuation
  • DarkCacos - Grammar and Punctuation
  • PokemonAce123 - Grammar and Punctuation
  • Valezio - Grammar and Punctuation
  • Yami - Grammar and Punctuation
  • FBI - Team Swapping
  • Endrift - mGBA Real-Time Clock Fix
  • Avara - Format Template

Guides

Beta 13 and Beyond
-Obtainable Pokémon List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WcKaGmYA
-Side Chapter Starting Point Guide written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WtExUR1B
-TMs and HMs Location List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/2eMXGhqy[/size]
-Eeveevolutions' Base Stats and Abilities written by ghfrc#0701: https://pastebin.com/vkZ4j2dQ
-Walkthrough of the game written by Allen Ceedos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTYng5N-3jPWGsYh-2-xneQyPp9JJSwl/view
-Type Effectiveness Chart made by ghfrc#0701: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10032807&postcount=14862

Beta 11
-Valencia Island Loop Workaround written by DonutHead: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9675231&postcount=10840

Downloads

Latest Version

Beta 15 + Expansion FIX C
Below is the latest Beta 15 patch (5th October, 2020)
This version contains the Kanto Region and the Orange Archipelago + The Beginning of Elite Four
This will be the final major update for Red Chapter Vol 1. Any future updates will be strictly on squashing Gamebreaking bugs. Vol 2 is under development. Patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 run and start a new game.
NOTE: Patch onto a clean FireRed Rom and start a new savefile.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bh9bnlx8sl8z6jl/Beta_15_%252B_Expansion_Fix_Patch_C.ups/file

Deprecated Versions
Note: The following releases are old. They're no longer being developed and, naturally, are no longer supported either.

Beta 14
Below is the latest Beta 14 patch (January 30, 2019)
This version contains the Kanto Region and a slice of the Orange Archipelago (From Valencia Island to Kinnow Island).
NOTE: BETA 13 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
Click here to download.

Beta 13
Below is the latest Beta 13 patch (June 25, 2018)
This version contains the Kanto Region.
NOTE: BETA 12 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
Click here to download.

Beta 12
Below is the latest Beta 12 patch (April 30, 2016)
This version marked a new start for the hack, as development was restarted in a new ROM.
It contains a slice of the Kanto Region (From Pallet Town to Lavender Town).
NOTE: BETA 11 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
Click here to download.

Beta 11
Below is the latest Beta 11 patch (November 30, 2015)
This version contains the Kanto Region, the Orange Archipelago, the Sevii Islands, a bit of the Hoenn Region and an original area called Mirage Tower.
Click here to download.

Miscellaneous Information

Real-Time Clock Fix (mGBA)
This patch allows the Real-Time Clock implemented in this hack to work on certain emulators like mGBA.
Click here to download.

Real-Time Clock Fix (VBA-M)
Note: These instructions were added here for the Beta 14's sake. The ROM for the Beta 15 does not work on VBA-M, and it's highly encouraged not to use it.
These instructions allow the Real-Time Clock implemented in this hack to work on VisualBoyAdvance-M.
Click here to read.

How to apply a patch
These instructions will help you to play this ROM Hack.
Click here to read.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Spoiler:

Support

You can support the hack by adding one of the following banners to your user signature!
b.png

a.png
d.png

mjTeA22Y9ECxz37Jl7_j1bkZZNe1aVC46Z-hpC2Pq1k=w555-h140-no

c.jpg

Thread for Adventure Red Volume 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
ahh, you got to it before me. This was on my todo list for the future. Are you gonna do continuations? Like after the red story, do the yellow story where she was looking for red?
epic bro.

and nvm just red where you posted. hope u go through with this and the rest

Last edited by a moderator:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
great hack. I love hacks based off the manga *throu the 1 for silver was cancelled & I dont re call 1 being completely finished* looking forward to this good luck man.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
ahh, you got to it before me. This was on my todo list for the future. Are you gonna do continuations? Like after the red story, do the yellow story where she was looking for red?
epic bro.

and nvm just red where you posted. hope u go through with this and the rest

Yes! I'm going to Yellow Story after the Red story. I would also redo Red Story but focusing on Blue and Green. Anyway, I already placed Yellow inside the game to foreshadow her appearance.

HACK_01_zpsc4a74115.png
HACK_02_zps761d117b.png

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
......... i need to marry you. i love the manga, your making a hack on it, thus it means i love you. XD jk mate but really, keep with this hack. ive been wanting something like this to happen for the longest time now.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Been long since I saw a hack quite like this. Is that a Follow-Me script? love how whgen you get to select your starter, the pokemon's outside of the balls.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Thanks for the support guys. It's my first hack so I was kind of nervous. Anyway, I've finished the Heal Kangaskan arc, and half-way on the Mischievous Pikachu arc. After that, I'll do the Brock's Tournament story.

Been long since I saw a hack quite like this. Is that a Follow-Me script? love how whgen you get to select your starter, the pokemon's outside of the balls.

I wanted to do it, but the one that I saw on Youtube was quite buggy. Furthermore, I want to get the scripting for the events and tile done first before I focus on the follow me. However, I definitely want to make the pokemon follow you around since that's a big part in the Pokemon Adventure Manga as well.

......... i need to marry you. i love the manga, your making a hack on it, thus it means i love you. XD jk mate but really, keep with this hack. ive been wanting something like this to happen for the longest time now.

Lol, Okay. Thank you anyway.

Years
wow that's just awesome.I personally have completed both red and yellow at the mangas and playing would be real fun. Well I wish you good luck with it!

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Just finished the Pikachu Rodent Arc and Brock's gym arc.

wow that's just awesome.I personally have completed both red and yellow at the mangas and playing would be real fun. Well I wish you good luck with it!

Thank you.

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
wow great looking game, keep up the hard work, and 1 more thing i would add, that have u added 4th and 5th generation moves. . .

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Finished GYRADOS RAMPAGE arc, and started working on Mt Moon Mystery Arc. I took so long to finish GYARADOS because of the trading script. Anyways, for the MT Moon arc, I'm trying to make Misty follow the player around. Therefore, I'm trying to study how to make a follow me script, too bad I don't know how.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Remade the entire Mount Moon map, and created several new trainer datas and sprite for Team Rockets. Mount Moon arc is never done.

Back