• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VIII: The Cats Came Back

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
This week's poll question was inspired by the suggestions of Charlie Brown, so go give him some love if you liked the topic. And for his efforts, he will also receive an exclusive emblem! If you'd like to pick up one of these yourself, just post or leave me a message with a future POTW of your own, and if your idea gets used, you may be the brand-new owner of a spiffy emblem!

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Which are your favorite cat-like Pokémon?"

A pretty straight-forward question with some not-so straight-forward answers. I've added the 9 Pokemon/families that I believe are the most cat-like, but I know there's some debate over certain others, which is why I've included the "Other Pokémon" option. Either way, may the best cat win!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I love the majority of the cat Pokemon, but when it comes down to it my absolutely favorite is Espeon.

Although I suppose it's a bit silly because haha eeveelutions they're so overrated but no hear me out. Espeon plays a special part of my life. Back when I was maybe nine-ten I was taking Pokemon cards and drawing out the picture that was on the card (not tracing but redrawing it bigger). The easy ones came out okay and the hard ones of course not so much.

But then there was this card of Espeon that I had. I drew it just like the other cards that I decided to redraw and when I was done I was just so impressed with it. I don't remember if it was actually accurate but at the time I thought it turned out so well that I decided that I would continue drawing. I may not be as great an artist as I could because I don't practice enough but it's because of that card that I started to become an artist at all. And while I don't have the picture anymore I at least still have the card so that's enough, right? ♥

Espeon aside I'll also give a little shout-out to the Shinx line for probably being my second favorite. The line is adorable and Luxray is the one Pokemon I pretty much used in most of my teams in DPPt and while it might not be as great as it could I still loved using it.

Finally for third I would say Skitty/Delcatty. I don't really have much of a reason for this other than I just really like their design and I especially like Shiny Delcatty a lot. I think one day I'll actually try using Delcatty (maybe even solo with it? lmao I wonder ifI could pull it off) in a game as my wonderlocke doesn't really count. I barely used it lmao.

Years
I voted for all except Raikou and the Meowth line, and this is purely based on aesthetics.

Espeon is an Eeveelution and I do love Eeveelutions.

Skitty and Delcatty are super-cute, and I really love entering my male Skitty with his unique Mud Bomb that I got via DexNav in contests where he aces the Cute category very well.

Shinx and its evos have an awesome design and has often been an early team member in most of my playthroughs of the Sinnoh games. Also, Clemont has a Luxray in the anime which is awesome.

Glameow and Purrloin lines have a very smug-looking first stage while the evos take entirely different design paths. Both still have unique appearances which makes them good in terms of appearance.

Litleo line is a fairly good special attacker, even if its abilities aren't all that great.

Espurr line is my fave of the Pokemon felines, with the fact the whole line itself is cute, but the fact Meowstic brings an exciting new concept with the gender differences, in that the different genders learn different moves and have different hidden abilities. I always hope to see more Pokemon like Meowstic in terms of that special gimmick.

blue

gucci
Years
For me it has to be the Purrlion and Shinx lines.

Purrlion I've used multiple times in Black/White, I just love the design of both Purrlion and Liepard. Liepard actually really helped out a lot during the E4 battles, particularly against Shauntaul and Caitlin.

Shinx line is probably my favourite of any Electric-type Pokémon. It would've been nice to see Luxio and Luxray become part Dark-type, but nonetheless they're still awesome Pokémon.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm not sure which is my most favourite, but I like four of the options more than others.

Espeon - herp eeveelution, and gen 2 was my first. I think you can see the connection. =p You also tend to like the Pokemon after playing Colosseum a bunch of times, haha.

Raikou - it's kinda of a weird design with those colours tbh, but I like it all the same. Fast lighting tiger thing, hard to argue with that! And I used the shiny event back in hgss to good effect in 5th gen wifi battles too.

Shinx line - liked it since it was revealed! They're cute, if not particularly strong (strong enough though). They're also the first Pokemon I got successful chains out of via the PokeRadar back in Diamond.

And then there's the Espurr line. I quite like the design of its evolutions in particular; the base one doesn't quite appeal to me beyond the memes of it and all.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
I voted for Espeon, the Shinx line, and the Espurr line. Espeon holds a bit of sentimental value to me because when I was getting back into Pokemon with White 2, Espeon was one of the first Pokemon that I aimed to get, granted it was a pain to get, but it was worth it, and while I did do something very, very stupid and put possibly the worst moves on it possible, it was still helpful with at least 2 of its moves and did help me through a few gyms, at least one Elite 4 member, and I think one of Iris's Pokemon. The Shinx line mainly because Shinx is just too adorable and cute and Luxray just looks awesome and I think it is a pretty good and useful Pokemon. The Espurr line, I do like Espurr just because it is cute and some what funny with how spaced out and creepy its face is, and both the male and female Meowstic are cute and I really enjoyed using.

Years
Espeon, Raikou, Purrloin.

I originally wasn't going to include Espeon in my choices, but I figured if I was going to include Raikou because of nostalgia value, then it was only fair that I included Espeon as well! Also, Espeon was a beloved member of my team back in my Gold game; I can't really say the same for Raikou because I could never catch the stupid thing. Not for lack of trying though!

But yes. Espeon because I loved using it and because I like its design anyway, and Raikou for the sheer awesome factor of its looks. It's a freaking thunderstorm tiger thing, that alone gives it like +100 cool points or something I think.

As for Purrloin. I had originally shrugged it off as "just another purple cat pokemon, how boring", and then didn't think too much of it after then. Then I played Black, and saw it in action, and...absolutely fell in love with it almost right then and there. Purrloin is absolutely adorable, and it quickly became my favorite of the cats. Not a big fan of its evolution, but I adore Purrloin.

Etherion

I find them very interestimg, from Espurr's hidden power sealed in its ears, its gender split evolution, and the fact that each gender evos. Has a different moveset than the other! Also, i find them very cute and creppy at the same time :3 my new found love by them was from my new fanfic :)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I picked "Skitty" and "Delcatty".
I like these two pokemon because they have access to the move "Assist" which is an incredibly powerful move that can be bred over to other pokemon that can utilize it quite well, but this family of cats is actually quite spectacular at using this move all on its own.
I also think that out of all of the cat like pokemon, this family of cat pokemon are by far the most adorable. I was playing with a female "Skitty" not to long ago and I named it "Cuddle Face", and it was pretty fun to play with. I built it's move pool with the theme of this pokemon being so adorable that opponent pokemon can't help but love it. It was using "Attract", "Sing", "Assist", and "Return". It was quite powerful and it was funny imagining that opposing pokemon had no ability to resist its adorable charms. lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I voted for Raikou because most awesome legendary trio beast <3

Also "other", because even though it's meant to be a weasel, I think Weavile has enough of an egyptian cat style going on to be counted. So Weavile gets a vote too.

AND you forgot Munchlax and Snorlax! Some say they are bears but... They look mostly like cats imo. Snorlax is the boss!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I've said it many times, so here we go again. Meowth is my favorite Pokemon, and I voted for it.

Meowth has always been my favorite Pokemon, right from the start. My first pet was a cat, so I was really interested in all things cats at the time Pokemon came out because it was around the same time I got my cat. Getting Meowth was the sole reason I picked the Blue version. Meowth is the main reason why I watched the anime.

There are other memories of Meowth too. Like the candy container I bought on my only trip to New York City that has Meowth on it. Or the Meowth plushie that randomly fell into my arms one day when I was at my first job. Or the Siamese cat that randomly appeared in my life right when I needed her, and Meowth is based on the Siamese cat.

I used Persian in FireRed, and it became one of my best Pokemon. It learned a variety of moves, and could handle various situations. I wouldn't have beaten the Elite Four without that Persian, and she proudly sits in my Y version because she (and her teammates) are the Pokemon I remember the most raising in the games.

Cats, man. They're just the best. Meowth is awesome and I love it and its evolution.

Sirfetch’d

I love all of these choices(I'm a cat person!) So I only voted for my absolute favorites, Skitty and Delcatty. I used these guys a ton in Ruby and Emerald so the nostalgia factor was huge. Not to mention they are the cutest among the bunch and just so fun to use n_n

Years
Espeon, Luxray and Pyroar for me. All three of them have great usability and look cool. The two former ones i've used more than once, and the latter has that Normal-typing that is an interesting touch and some nice Special Attack and Speed to back it up.

I can't stand Meowstic though, as I get so tired of seeing it when Serena/Calem uses it, same with Olympia's for that matter.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
On this, one Pokémon I would definitely have to lay on is Liepard.

First and foremost, I love its overall appearance. If I'm not wrong, it's meant to seem like a leopard, which it does, and it has also got some great spins to it to give us idea as to what its typing might be if we don't already know. All-in-all, I'd say Liepard is unique!

Not only that, but in generation five, Liepard also seemed to have been rather useful on competitive side of things, which I believe to be a plus. Aside from this, I'm also keen on Raikou, as well as Luxray.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
whyyyyyyyyy do you do this to me?

I'm always a big time fan of Glameow and Purugly. Both are precious as all can be, and their cute, elegant designs and lifestyles are just too much to handle. I love their movepools, their stats, and just about anything to do with them, but ever since Meowstic came out, I think Meowstic has finally won the spot of favorite kitty.

The female is my favorite due to its color palette. My actual kitty reminds me of the male Meowstic, though. Both are precious and have fun stats and possible attacks. I also love that they take on two separate roles competitively due to the male's Prankster, and the female's Competitive abilities. Plus, their cry is adorable. <33

mind you, I did vote for a lot of Pokemon in the pole, but Meowstic is definitely THE favorite.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Meowstic, without a doubt. I love psychic-types and I like cats, so naturally this line was going to appeal to me. But I absolutely adore the sexual dimorphism here, especially because it's the female that's the fighter and male that acts as support. As someone who loves going against stereotypes, this line is a lot of fun to me. Plus their designs are just delightful.

Raikou comes in second because it's just cool. <3

~Psychic

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I wanted to vote for almost all of them haha, but I kept it to a minimum of five. ;D I love, love, LOVE cats, so this was really hard!

403.png
My favourite Pokemon of all at this moment is Shinx! Cat-like, cheery, nice colours and altogether adorable! I have one on my D/P team every single time because I just can't go without him. c:

196.png
Second is Espeon because of how elegant she is, not to mention a good competitive battler imo. Plus she's part of the Eeveelution, so what's not to like? x3

677.png
Espurr, eyes and all, is the cutest cat Pokemon by far! Hnng, I just want one to cuddle one as my sleeping plushie. <33 Meowstic also has a great design!

431.png
She's so, well, glamorous! And she's Gen 4, my favourite!

509.png
I never had too much of an interest in Purrloin but now I quite like it, so it gets a vote. :3

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
Years
Espeon, Shinx and Litleo.
Espeon is a eeveelution so that why it will gets a vote, but the fact that you must love to evolve it and that it's design is good also help. I mean you must also love real-life cats so why not in pokemon.
Shinx, it's one of the cutst non-pikachu-like electric pokemon and it's evolutions look very cool. I never used it in a battle but I definitely wan to use it someday.
And finally litleo. it's one one of my favorite pokemon from gen 6. But I actually tought it was a lion. I don't like it's evolutions butit's really cute and it's type is also cool.
Cuteness for the win!

Back