• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Simple questions regarding the 4th Generation of Pokemon Games belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread.

[ Moved ]

Last edited:
Years
Does anybody know how many total pokemon centers there are in Heart Gold ?

I'd be happy to assist you here!

There are Pokemon Centers in the following locations: Cherrygrove City, Violet City, Route 32, Azalea Town, Goldenrod City, Ecruteak City, Olivine City, Cianwood City, Safari Zone Gate, Mahogany Town, Blackthorn City, Frontier Access, Mt. Silver, Viridian City, Cerulean City, Vermilion City, Celadon City, Saffron City, Fuchsia City, Lavender Town and Cinnabar Island.

So around 21 I think.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can trade immediately upon getting a Pokedex. You can even trade before you meet up with Lucas/Dawn to learn how to catch Pokemon. Just go buy some Pokeballs to catch trade fodder and you're good. With HGSS, it's the same. Get the Dex and Pokeballs and you're good for trading. However, I think this only applies with local trading. For online trading, I think you need to go to Jubilife in DPPt and have talked to Bill in Ectruteak in HGSS.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
You can trade immediately upon getting a Pokedex. You can even trade before you meet up with Lucas/Dawn to learn how to catch Pokemon. Just go buy some Pokeballs to catch trade fodder and you're good. With HGSS, it's the same. Get the Dex and Pokeballs and you're good for trading. However, I think this only applies with local trading. For online trading, I think you need to go to Jubilife in DPPt and have talked to Bill in Ectruteak in HGSS.

Really? I always thought we had to obtain the first badge to start trading? Or is this 3rd gen and below?

Years
Really? I always thought we had to obtain the first badge to start trading? Or is this 3rd gen and below?

The first badge is only required to access GTS as far as 4th Gen is concerned, in this gen you can trade locally as soon as you get your Pokedex. It's from 5th Gen onward that you need the first badge to trade in general.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Help getting TM26 Earthquake? (Platinum)

I have gotten all the way to the top right corner of the 'secret' entrance under the bridge but it is impossible to get over the last bicycle ramp even when in 4th gear. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I have gotten all the way to the top right corner of the 'secret' entrance under the bridge but it is impossible to get over the last bicycle ramp even when in 4th gear. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?
IIRC, there's one with a zig-zag approach, and maybe that's the one you're talking about. You can't just ride along the last straightaway, but have to back up further than that and maneuver through a turn or two (without bumping the sides) in order to get enough speed.

Or I might not be remembering it correctly...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

On the last ramp, you have to change your bike to 3rd gear if you want to proceed, otherwise you'll be forced to return to that ramp, as going to 4th gear will make you go on a dead end.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
Did you know? (Odd Bugs)

I don't know if this is good for the topic, but here goes.

In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, if you use the Walk through walls code whilst riding your bike.
The player will do sort of a Wheelie pose... Maybe the Acrobike and Mach bike were to return in
Pokémon DP originally?

What do you guys think? And are there any other RSE references in DP?

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I'm going to try to shiny hunt for Ho-Oh in HeartGold but I want to do it after the main game but battling Ho-Oh is mandatory. So my main question is if I can defeat Ho-Oh the first time around (without it being shiny) and if I come back after I defeat the Elite Four would it still have a chance of being shiny or would it be the exact same Ho-Oh as before?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
EV's and EXP

I don't know if this is the right section or not, but I was having a debate with a friend of mine and wanted to know if any forum members could tell me a definitive answer on this.

I understand the general idea of EVs and how they are gained. My friend showed me a save of his in SS where his team are around level 55+, in the first scenario he beat a load of Rapidashes, Ursarings and others outside Mount Silver and gained a few levels, upon doing so the ATT, DEF etc went up by the usual +2, 3, 4.

Then he activated a cheat where the Pokemon gets 10x the EXP after the battle. Now in accordance with EVs because he was only defeating 1 or 2 wild Pokemon to gain the levels he was gaining before when it took around 15, every time he gained a level it should be pretty much the same as when you Rare Candy, i.e. +1, +2 max.

However I was surprised to see that the same amount of ATT, DEF, SPEED stats were being gained with this cheat that was giving 9000 EXP for defeating Ursarings. In a few cases the DEF stat increased by over 15 points.

I think perhaps the reason this was happening was because they were already a fairly decent level so some EVs wouldn't be affected too much. I'm not someone who cares about online battling and that side of things but I just was curious to see a blatant cheat yielding the same results as if you were to grind it out for hours, I thought that was what EVs were supposed to discourage?

-----------------

Quick edit: Also, how would this be any different to using the EXP share? Say if I had a level 5 with EXP share on and beat the E4, this level 5 is gaining all this EXP, skipping levels regularly without beating up hundreds of Pidgeys that a normal low level starter would before they would get to the same level. How would is affect their EV and stats, would it be the same as using Rare Candies seeing as they're gaining all this EXP without actually doing anything?

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
If you are looking for a faster way to Ev train pokemon I suggest trade for a mon with Pokerus and study the Power Items. Pokerus doubles the EV value of the pokemon you battle. Power Items give a +4 to each respective item. Example. Power anklet gives +4 ev, Power Lens gives +4 Sp.Atk. With Pokerus it goes like this (base ev lets say of (1) + power item (+4) multiplied by 2 (1+4)*2)

When giving exp Share the only things that are shared are experience and the Ev of the pokemon that you battled is copied onto the pokemon.

I hope this helps

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
Thanks for the move, hopefully there will be more people in here who know the answer!

Kami Oni

The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan
Years
I need help on my soul silver game I beat the Elite 4 along with the champion and I got the nationaldex but it still dose not show the migration option do I need to talk to someone to make it appear or do I need to beat the elite 4 in kanto as well??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
You need to travel to Kanto and reach Pal Park (Fuchsia City) before you can migrate pokémon.

I actually have my own question: Can you re-learn a deleted tm?
My Blissey knows Toxic, but I'm about to capture Dialga (And then probably go for the Lake Trio). One of them will most likely displace it from the team, in which case it'll go into Daycare. This could lead to Toxic being deleted. Would I be able to re-teach it with the Move Tutor?

Years
I actually have my own question: Can you re-learn a deleted tm?
My Blissey knows Toxic, but I'm about to capture Dialga (And then probably go for the Lake Trio). One of them will most likely displace it from the team, in which case it'll go into Daycare. This could lead to Toxic being deleted. Would I be able to re-teach it with the Move Tutor?

No, the Move Relearner can only teach moves specific to that Pokemon's level-up moves, unless if the TM in question is also a move in that Pokemon's level-up moves.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
hw 2 get muchlax in platinum???
No seriously guys, I know getting Munchlax revolves around Honey, but can someone tell me specifics? I want to do a playthrough that recreates Barry's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back