• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Nova turned around and glared at the pikachu in an attempt to make it hesitate. He didn't and Nova was slammed to the ground. He was out cold.
"Nova!" Bri said. He ran out to the downed Growlithe.
"Good battle," Bri said softly.
"But I lost!" Nova said.
"So? I always lose. You were really tough out there," Bri told him. He returned the tired and fainting pokemon to his pokeball. He stood up. He looked down at his feet. He lst. He simply could not win a thing! Why had he come here? This was a school for battling! Sure, he could learn other stuff, but that was clearly the main focus! He sighed and shook his head. He may not be a great battler, but he did have other things to offer. Maybe he could train in first aid or something.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Sel ran over, scooping up Ryan as she jogged over to where Bri was. She was absolutely elated that Ryan won, and was happy that they drew - that was the fairest outcome given how much Bri had her on her toes. She stopped a few steps away from Bri as he returned Nova - he seemed completely deflated, staring down at his feet with no movement that she could detect.

Walking over, Sel put a hand on Bri's shoulder gently. "Hey, what're you so down about?" she asked lightly, smiling at Bri, "You held me to a draw, with pokemon that technically should've been flattened by mine on levels and statistics...you have a real bond with your pokemon and it shows in your style. It was a real pleasure battling you! Even though you knocked out my Ri so I should never forgive you...speaking of which," she unclipped the pokeball and looked through the lid - Ri was still sleeping - "he'll be okay for the pokemon centre for a little while longer."

Sel turned around towards where Mark and Valorie were sat before, checking they were still there. She grinned widely when she saw that they were, giving them a wave. "Still up for those smoothies Bri?" she asked him, "I know I could sure use some refreshment after that battle..."

Nideous

Years
She had complimented him, which made him blush.
"It wasn't really all that," Bri said nervously. She then brought up the smoothies. He looked at Thyme. She was still laying in his arms, with a curious expression on her face.
"Um... Sure. I mean, if you guys still want to," he said. He turned to look at Mark and Valerie, very aware of the hand on his shoulder.

SelenaStar

Years
"I don't tend to enhance the facts to boost egos Bri," laughed Sel, giving his shoulder a squeeze then reaching into her bag, pulling out her pokedex and pointing it at Ryan, registering the experience gain. "So yeah, it was all that. Cool! Smoothies here we come!" she said brightly, walking over to Mark and Valorie.

"Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the show!" she said smugly, grinning at Bri. "So! Where's this smoothie place then, because I am absolutely parched!" as she spoke she examined Valorie and Mark's facial expressions...they seemed somewhat deflated...obviously she'd seen them worse. But at this moment...they just didn't look all that comfortable in each other's company. She figured she'd chat to Valorie about it later when they were alone.

"Oh yeah, where's that douchebag guy who yelled over in the middle of my battle?" she asked, looking round as though expecting him to pop out of thin air. "I need to have a word with him I think! teach him some manners!"

Nideous

Years
"Um... He had a battle with Mark and then took off," Bri said. He didn't know what had happened to Vince. But he had seen some of the battle the two of them had. Bri still wasn't too sure that Selene was right. He knew he just wasn't on the same level as they all were. But he tried not to let it bother him.
"Yeah, I could go for a smoothie right now!" Thyme said. She stretched out in his arms.
"I don't think they meant for you. But you can have some of mine," Bri told her.
"As long as it's an orange smoothie. Or pineapple! I love those things!" Thyme said. She had a deep fondness for citrus fruit.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype frowned at what Charmeleon had said but he completely understood her. Having to lay around when used to intense training must have been boring when most of the time you move around an excercise. While Snype is all for that, he likes to sit back and relax. Seemed Charmeleon was different.

["...Sorry to hear that..."] Snype said to her. ["...And... sorry if I kinda got into your territory by sitting on her shoulder like that. I didn't mean to upset anyone. Hey is it makes you feel better, maybe sometime we can train together eh? Not now of course... you kinda creamed me back there. Kehehe. Once I get myself tougher, How about we have a rematch and put all that rage aside? Its the least I can do! Maybe once those two stop getting so down on their selves we can train together sometime! I'd love to work with somebody that really has alot of experience in this stuff. I want to be a good fighter myself."] Snype said cheerfully.

Mark looked over to Valorie and pointed to Charmeleon and Snype. "They're chattering away over there. I think somebodys made a new friend eh?" Mark said.

"Snype is the most reasonable Pokemon of the group... He usually likes to talk problems over with other Pokemon when he has too. When he's in battle he often acts independently and makes his own choices, good ones at that. It kind of shows how much I trust him..." Mark said. "He's real good at making friends too because of his charming personality. Hehe."

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
"Alright Blitz you want to show off your new evolved form go ahead," Vince said as he made sure Terra and Dyno were watching.

"Start off with a flamethrower!" Xack commanded. Vincent was surprised to see that Blitz's flamethrower looked even more powerful than before and it flew fast through the air at one of the Seedots. This Seedot as fast though and was able to move out of the way of the flamethrower only get skinned by it but it did do some considerable amount of damage.

"Alright good work," Vince said commending his Charmeleon on a job well done. When he went to command Blitz for another attack the Charmeleon and used another different attack that Vincent didn't know he could do. A ball of dragon energy flew from Blitz's mouth but it was different from dragon pulse. Dragon pulse was blue while this attack was red.

"Dragon rage..," He said to himself as he watched the attack blasted the Seedot. It rolled across the ground but then got back up and then yelled at the other one to gang up on Blitz. This made Vince laugh a bit mainly because one these Seedots were quite weak and Blitz was a fire type so he could easliy beat them.

"Flamethrower!" Xack ordered. As Blitz used flamethrower one of the Seedots glowing red and the other tried to jump out of the way but the two got engulfed in the flames. The one that tried to jump was knocked out but the other one was still standing.

"Oh crap bide," Vincent said to himself. He knew that move he had seen it before and how destructive it could be. As the Seedot was about to unleash the bide attack Vincent stepped in Blitz's way and took the attack for his Charmeleon. The black and white haired boy flew into the tree that he was standing in front of a moment ago. The bide was strong enough for Vince to make a dent in the tree. This made Blitz angry very angry the Charmeleon used dragon pulse and sent the Seedot flying off.

"Aww man I need a milk shake," Xack said as he got up from the ground. His pokemon except Dyno circled around him worried for their trainer. "I'm ok," He was lying he was very hurt and he started walking off back to the school to get a milkshake. He was holding his right arm as it was bleeding a bit.

He was back to where he was before where Bri and the rest of others were but he was kind of hiding from them a bit. He felt as if they kind of didn't really like him. Was it true? He didn't know he just got a weird vibe from everyone. He sat there drinking his vanilla milkshake leaned up against a wall with his pokemon around him. Wattage and Terra were chasing each other again. Dyno glaring at Blitz who was sitting next to Xack. Vincent wasn't hiding well someone could see him easily and most probably cause he was bleeding. Oh and the milkshake thing, milkshakes make Vincent feel better if he is experiencing pain.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie looked up at Selene, seeing the wave. She had her arms wrapped around her legs, but promptly released them and stood up at the wave. The battle was done. She for one was ready to get a move on.

"Yeah! We were just waiting on you guys."

She then turned briefly before looking back at Charmeleon and then at Dratini. She was eager to get moving. She didn't want to wind up being out past curfew due to delays. She noted that Dratini wasn't levitating her planner nearby anymore. She was momentarily alarmed, looking around briefly to see if it was laying on the ground somewhere before peaking into her satchel, only to find the planner sitting there inside. She immediately calmed down. Dratini must've gotten tired and decided to put it back at some point. Valorie accepted this, though she vowed to train said powers even harder tomorrow.

"He actually said he was just kidding..."

Valorie looked away. She didn't quite get the joke, but was that really unexpected?

"But yeah, he took off after battling with Mark... Must've had something else to do. C'mon! I don't know how long it's going to take to walk there. We don't want to get stuck out after curfew."

Valorie then turned and began to walk off, glancing over her shoulder after a moment to make sure she was being followed.

Meanwhile, Charmeleon noticed Valorie get up and glanced in her direction, getting back up and stretching her arms and legs momentarily.

Charmeleon: "I get the feeling my trainer's on the move."

Trapinch casually trotted past Charmeleon, which wasn't saying much because Trapinch was absurdly slow in comparison to Valories other pokemon, even when running. To give a comparison, even humans could easily out-pace her. Charmander stared at Trapinch skeptically before looking back to Snype.

Charmeleon: "It... wasn't really you though. It was Dratini. I get so sick of her hogging all the attention!"

Charmeleon glanced at Valorie and the group one more time.

Charmeleon: "I'd love to battle again sometime, though."

005xh.png
Charmeleon ♀ Lv. 18 (Dragon Rage, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 23 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 17 (Bite, Dig, Faint Attack, Facade, Return, Toxic)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 10 (Absorb, Bubble, Night Shade, Toxic, Watersport)
---
---

SelenaStar

Years
Ryan peered down at Valorie with interest from Selene's shoulder. This was the trainer who stayed overnight in Selene's room that night...so this was her friend Valorie, the one with the big Dratini. His eyes flickered across to Dratini - he hadn't realised how very big she was when they were in Selene's room...she was really long...he didn't want to cross her for a while. Not until he was a Raichu, at least.

"Yep, I'm good to go," grinned Sel, following Valorie and stroking Ryan's tail as he clung onto her jacket. She watched Valorie closely - she seemed somewhat tense to Sel. She wondered if anything had happened while she was battling Bri, apart from the intervention obviously.

"He battled Mark huh? Is he any good? I suppose I should've expected that he was joking...tend to get a bit uptight during battles," she laughed, rubbing the back of her neck. "It isn't really a big deal...he should've stuck around though, would be good to meet my new rival!" she looked round, as though expecting him to pop out of thin air before turning back to Valorie.

"Oh hey Val, I was thinking about later on, do you wa-oh shoot hold on a sec," she she interrupted herself, feeling a vibration in the bottom of her bag. She dug through the various bits she had in there and pulled out her PokeGear, peering at the caller ID. "Ah...it's my Mom, just a minute Val - Hey Mom, what's up?" she asked, a slight frown on her face. She always felt somewhat anxious when her Mom called her, subconsciously expecting bad news..."Oh really? Hey that's great thanks, I'll pick it up when I get back tonight. Yeah brilliant...yep. I will. Thanks Mom...love you too!! Bye!" she grinned, hanging up.

"Well! That's cool, my Mom's sent over some more stuff for me and delivered it to the dorm - just movies and music and clothes that I'd left at home, but what I was GOING to ask was if you wanted to have a night in or something tonight? I kind of wanted to do a bit of training first if that's okay with you...capitalise on Ryan's winning-energy...but then we can hang out again if you want?"

It seemed to be some kind of unspoken habit they were getting into - classes and training during the day and chilling out together at night. But Sel didn't want to assume they'd be hanging out...she didn't know if Valorie had made any other arrangements, with Mark for example, and didn't want to stand on her toes or make her feel she had to hang out with her.

Nideous

Years
Bri followed them as well. He was returning to his usual cheerful self. His smile was returning as he listened to Selene dominate the conversation. He was so much shorter than the rest of them that had he to walk faster just to keep up.
"Rival? When did he say he was your rival? And besides, wouldn't you want someone a little more polite as a rival?" he asked when she got off the phone. He was really working hard to keep up. He wished he had someone willing to hang out with him in the evenings. But everyone else was just so busy all the time. It was almost like being back at home, but only here he had others who shared a common interest as him. It was better here!

SelenaStar

Years
"He didn't," grinned Sel, turning to Bri with a light tone, "I said it. If he wants to interrupt my battles and teach me a lesson," she said, making speech marks in the air with her fingers, "then I think that would qualify him as a rival. Although I suppose...technically...we're all rivals here..." she said thoughtfully, before shaking her head. Best not to get into deep philosophical thoughts like that...

She slowed her pace down somewhat so Bri didn't have to struggle to keep up with them as much. "Jeez I'm hungry..." she said suddenly, routing around in her bag to see if she had any kind of food in there. Yelping in delight, she pulled out a half-eaten granola bar, looking at it closely. "Hmm...not sure how long this has been in here...but at the moment I'm so hungry I don't really care!" she finished happily, munching on the bar. She finished it too quickly and pulled a face, turning to Valorie.

"Hey Valorie...does this smoothie place do food? I don't even care if I have to eat fruit or vegetables or-actually, vegetables may be pushing it - I just need something more than half a Granola bar!"

Dawn

Years
Valorie paused a moment to think about the battle between Vincent and Mark. The battle had been a draw. She hadn't been paying the fullest attention she could, but she was aware of that much. She was comparing Selene and Vincent when she suddenly became aware that she viewed Selene rather highly and a blush came to her cheeks. When did that happen? It had probably happened sometime last night, during the sleepover, though Valorie hadn't become aware of it until now.

"He was... alright. They had a draw. I think you could take him, though."

She blinked. Selene had asked her if she wanted to come over again. She had almost forgotten Selene was uncannily good at reading minds. Or so she believed, anyway. Valorie hesitated a moment, looking at Mark right in front of Selene before looking back at her. It was as if that were some subtle hint of the subject of this.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I'm still up for training too. Trapinch could use it, and Dratini has barely warmed up today!"

Then of course, she was asked about food. Valorie seemed to think a moment.

"Yeah.They have smoothies, some other drinks, and pastries. I think they might have ice cream too. I mostly stop there for the smoothies though."

Clearly, Valorie was most interested in the smoothies. Yet, if the group wanted food too, she was up for it. As if to disagree with her, Valorie suddenly became intimately aware of the emptiness of her stomach at the thought of food. She hadn't eaten this morning.

"...On second thought food sounds good."

She said this in a lightly defeated tone.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark get up from his bench and was ready to follow Valorie wherever this place was. "Well, I don't care where we go. Haha, As long as I'm getting something to eat or drink." Mark said happily. Seemed that they would end up getting food instead. It made sense to Mark, as he was fairly hungry himself with all of the action. Whatever worked.

Snype looked over to Charmeleon and smiled. ["Dratini eh? I guess I can understand where your coming from there as well... but hey, Dratini is only a baby. It kind of needs that attention. I mean, there's no way your trainer could just forget about you..."] Snype said.

Nideous

Years
Bri was starving. A battle always made him hungry, and he hadn't eaten this morning! He needed food!
"Ice cream!" Bri said happily. He loved the delightful frozen treat! Thyme looked a little sad that they weren't getting a smootie, but she'd deal with it. She turned her attention to the Charmeleon.
"Oh, get over yourself! Don't be so jealous!" Thyme said irritatedly. Of all the stupid things to worry about!
"You're so silly! Worried about something stupid like that! Valerie still loves you! She still cares about you! But Dratini is a baby! So naturally she needs more attention right now. Things will even out as she grows, trust me!" Thyme said, a little bit softer. Bri glanced at her. Her tongue was sharp, but she was spot on this time.

HunterZero

Years
Vince after finishing his milkshake figured that he would head back to his room to rest a bit and clean up his cut. He brushed some dirt and leaves off of his clothes and wound.

"Come on guys back to the room after I go and get something we can go back to training if class hasn't started," Xack said sounding kind of tired. As they were walking back to their room Terra the loving and friendly one saw the other groups of kids and decided to run off to play with them. Wattage having grown attached to the Terra in this short time shortly followed after.

"Oh great I'm going to have to teach all of you some lessons on staying with the group," Xack sighed as he chased after Terra and Wattage. The Drilbur and ran up behind Selene and started poking her trying to get her attention while Wattage just hid behind the mole pokemon. Terra just wanted to greet her but Vincent wanted to get back to the dorm he had some first aid kit equipment in his room that he wanted to use to make sure his cut wasn't bad. It didn't feel bad but it wouldn't help to make sure.

"Sorry for my Drilbur," He said to Selene quitely. Oh great this was the girl he had shouted out to about teaching her a lesson he was in for probably a mout full. Luna picked Terra up and then prepared himself for a tongue lashing of some sort. Dyno however stood next to Blitz a little far back laughing about how stupid Terra was for just running off and trying to get someone's attention who obviously wouldn't care for the Drilbur. Blitz just shook his head. As Xack held Terra though he made sure he had one hand over his cut so no one would see it though there was still a streak of blood running down his arm.

SelenaStar

Years
Glancing at Bri, Selene laughed and couldn't help a small snort escaping. "Yes! Ice-Cream all around I think!! I'd say that we've earned it!" She watched Bri's enthusiasm and her grin widened. He had such a zest for life...it was so refreshing, and it made her feel a hell of a lot more cheerful than she already was!!

To her relief, Valorie accepted her invitation and she clasped her hands together excitedly - she really enjoyed the time they spent together, and still wanted to become even better friends. "Awesome!! Yeah...I really need to train Ryan, I can't believe my dream of owning a Raichu is actually within reach..." she trailed off, her eyes growing unfocused and dreamy. She'd idolised Raichu since she was a young girl...when she caught her Pikachu on a trip around Viridian City, she felt elated that she'd gotten that close. But never did she think she'd find a Thunderstone. Her parents always promised they'd try to save enough money to buy her one, but wherever they found one they were always ridiculously expensive, and Sel couldn't possibly ask her parents for that much.

Valorie seemed slightly deflated as everyone concurred on the food issue...was she not feeling it? Sel couldn't help but feel a bit bad...as if she'd ruined Valorie's plans with her raucous stomach. "Well...I still want a smoothie...I can almost taste the Mango and Passionfruit," she said, her mouth salivating slightly as she spoke. "Could we do both? Like...get food from somewhere and take it to the smoothie place?" she asked, hoping they could do both things.

Before she could say any more to Valorie, she felt a small tap on the back of her leg. Then another one, then another one! Ryan was still on her shoulder so...she turned around quickly, almost bumping into a boy she'd never seen before who was carrying a Drillbur. He apologised quickly, but she dismissed his apologies with a casual wave of her hand.

"No bother, he didn't cause any trouble!" she said, grinning at the boy before crouching slightly and looking at the Drillbur. "Hey little guy! Did my leg seem interesting to you?" she laughed lightly, before noticing blood on the boy's arm. She frowned slightly and looked up at his face again - she didn't know who he was...he hadn't been in any of her classes...of course when he shouted over she had been battling with Bri and didn't turn around, so she didn't yet know it was him.

"Umm...were you aware of the blood on your arm?" she asked, gesturing to it. She rummaged in her bag, "if you can put your Drillbur down I have a small First Aid kit - I mean, I'm no nurse or anything but I can patch it up for you until you can get there? I'm always grazing and bashing myself," she laughed, brushing her hair out of her eyes, "so I need to carry this around just in case." Sel found the small clear plastic bag filled with bandages, plasters, safety pins, gauze, antisceptic cream, all sorts and held it up - at a young age she had learned that it was best to prepare for the worst with her klutzy nature.

HunterZero

Years
"Oh you have a first aid kit? I was going to run back to my room real quick and get something to fix this up but sense you offered," Vincent said as he putt Terra down. He then chuckled a bit at what she had said about her always grazing and bashing herself it kind of reminded him of himself. He moved his hand from the cut to see it was even more worse than he had thought. The Seedot he had fought must have adsorb a lot of Blitz's flamethrowers energy to do some damage to him like this. There was a lot of blood on Vince's hand and he even noticed a piece of bark in his arm. The wound was right above where had moved his sweatband to so luckily it wasn't high enough to get blood on his dorm jacket.

Terra really not understanding what was going on went off to chase the flame on Blitz's tail while the Charmeleon swung it side to side. The Drilbur was the baby of the group and was oblivious to his trainer being hurt. Blitz and Wattage had worried faces but Dyno just snickered which got Blitz to growl at him.

"Oh and by the way I was the one who shouted out in the middle of your battle. The name is Vincent Xackford Luna if you didn't know already but call me Vince Xack or Luna," He had said as he pulled the piece of the bark out of his arm.

SelenaStar

Years
"Unfortunately so...as necessary as food for my survival I'm afraid," she grimaced, watching closely as he put the Drillbur down and removed his hand from...a very nasty cut...hell that was a lot of blood. And...was that BARK?? "My Lugia..." said Sel with a frown, looking up at the boy as he pulled the piece of bark out of the wound. This...this wasn't just your normal 'I-fell-into-a-bush' wound...Sel had only given herself cuts like these on rare occassions, when she'd fallen pretty badly or onto something sharp...she wasn't really sure if she wanted to know how he'd gotten the cut. "Get into a fight with a Scyther and lose?" she asked, eyebrow raised as she unzipped the First Aid kit, holding it in her teeth and taking hold of his arm to stretch it out fully, giving her better access to the cut.

As he admitted to being the culprit who interrupted her battle, Sel looked up at him sharply from unwinding one of the bandages, her face impassive except for a raised eyebrow. "Is that so..." she said in a dangerously level tone of voice, reaching into the bag and pulling out a tube of antisceptic cream that she rubbed onto a square of gauze.

"Well..." she smiled suddenly, putting the gauze cream-side down onto his cut. "I don't appreciate your timing but Val already said you were kidding around, it's cool. Just know that you have marked yourself as my rival my boy," she smirked at him and placed a bandage over the gauze, wrapping it firmly around the injured part of his arm "so watch yourself."

Finishing wrapping the bandage up relatively tightly, Sel tied a knot in it and put a couple of safety pins in to make sure it didn't slip down. She patted the bandage and smiled, putting her First Aid kit back in her bag. "Well Vince Xack or Luna, I'm Selene but you can call me Selene or Sel, whichever drips off the tongue easiest," she paused for a moment, gesturing to the rest of the group. "If your arm can cope with it, we're going to get some smoothies and food and stuff...want to come with?"

Nideous

Years
"Hey Vince! I forgot to ask you before, but did you actually find anything? When you were digging I mean," Bri said. Thyme shook her head. She could see that Bri wanted to be friends with everyone. He had already forgotten about the loss. She tirned back to Snype and the Charmeleon. She was still awaiting the answer that the hotheaded fire type was going to give. Bri turned to Vince when Sel offered to let him come too.
"Really! It would be awesome to have more people coming!" Bri said.

Dawn

Years
Valorie quickly smiled, waving a hand around as if it were no big deal. She didn't want them to think it bugged her. It really didn't. She could just think of better places to go for actual food.

"Oh, no! I mean, we can get both. It's the same place. You'll need a drink to go with it, right?"

Then she noticed Vincent approaching. She recognized him from earlier, seeing as she had been all up in his grill about defending Selenes' honor and whatnot.

"Oh, hey Vincent..."

Charmeleon seemed to take what Snype said with a grain of salt. She couldn't tell him was wrong, but she was hesitant to accept things as well. Perhaps once she stopped angsting she'd be able to accept it. Then all of a sudden a familiar voice was telling her to get over herself. Charmeleon turned her head in Thymes general direction, eyes widening in a battle-crazed manner and her expression turning into that of a snarl, showing off her fangs. Charmeleon had serious irritability problems. It was just part of who she was. She twitched a bit, seeing that it was indeed the same smaller grass pokemon that had ticked her off earlier. Without warning, Charmeleon spat a fireball at Thyme. It was a weak attack all things said with no redeeming features. Charmeleon appeared to be holding back, though why nobody would know. It was probably due to either battle weariness from earlier and or a weak attempt at avoiding a scolding from Valorie. Charmeleon was well aware that her trainer did not approve of her attacking anything or anyone without permission. Yet, irritability was irritability.

Valorie heard the distinct sound of fire being spat. She turned around to check out behind her, just in time to catch sight of a flying fireball. The smile vanished from her face, replaced with a grimace, and she reached into her bag, searching for the appropriate pokeball, though it was far too late to stop the attack.

"Charmeleon!"

Valorie called out Charmeleons' name in a scolding tone, causing Charmeleon to wince, distracted.

Back