• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
Anyone have some good Arceus movesets? I'm going to get the Movie Arceus when it comes out, so I was wondering how to make the best use of it's special moves:

-Roar of Time
-Spacial Rend
-Shadow Force

I know Roar of Time isn't good, but if you have any ideas on how to best extort the other two, let me know.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Anyone have some good Arceus movesets? I'm going to get the Movie Arceus when it comes out, so I was wondering how to make the best use of it's special moves:

-Roar of Time
-Spacial Rend
-Shadow Force

I know Roar of Time isn't good, but if you have any ideas on how to best extort the other two, let me know.
Spacial Rend can used with as a STAB for Dragon-type Arceus. Shadow Force is alright for Ghost-type Arceus. Idk, Arceus is so versatile.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
Sorry, it's just my post has been recently ignored when I posted my Gyarados's moveset.

Nature: Adamant
IV's: 31/31/*/0/*/31
EV's: 176 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe
Held Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Waterfall
Outrage
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance/Protect

Any improvement for this moveset or is it just perfect? I think maybe Subsitute would be good too in place of Dragon Dance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry, it's just my post has been recently ignored when I posted my Gyarados's moveset.

Waterfall
Outrage
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance/Protect

Any improvement for this moveset or is it just perfect? I think maybe Subsitute would be good too in place of Dragon Dance.

Yeah dont post it again, if people want to reply they will so just be patient. :/

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Two questions.

1) Does Gallade learn Mach Punch? If so, by what method? (Level, TM, Egg, Tutor, etc.)

2) How many speed EVs would Adamant Metgross need to outspeed Adamant TTar with no DD set up yet?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009

Waterfall
Outrage
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance/Protect

Why have DD and TW in the same set? seems unnecessary

DD doesn't really make it surprising considering it's on the standard set. the most surprising (effective) gyarados i can think of is:

Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Item: King's Rock

Thunder Wave
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Bite/Iron Fang

Flincher. Nothing exceptional, but it is somewhat of a surprise. I guess for your set I don't see the point of DD or Protect, you'll have to explain that i guess. I don't think u really need sub either, unless you wanted to do some kind of annoyer setup with toxic/sub/protect, but i dunno how effective that'd be.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Two questions.

1) Does Gallade learn Mach Punch? If so, by what method? (Level, TM, Egg, Tutor, etc.)

2) How many speed EVs would Adamant Metgross need to outspeed Adamant TTar with no DD set up yet?
1) No.

2) 184 Speed EVs, but I did some calcs and turned out CB Tyranitar only manages ~50% with Crunch, so it isn't much of an issue.

@ Schwinndler: King's Rock doesn't boost Waterfall, Ice Fang, and Bite's flinch rate though.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Would a Mamoswine with 252 Atk EV's be able to OHKO a standard DDMence using Ice Shard? Or would it require something like Ice Shard + Stealth Rock damage?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
1) No.

2) 184 Speed EVs, but I did some calcs and turned out CB Tyranitar only manages ~50% with Crunch, so it isn't much of an issue.

@ Schwinndler: King's Rock doesn't boost Waterfall, Ice Fang, and Bite's flinch rate though.

Oops, you're right XP Sorry about that...

$

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2010

Waterfall
Outrage
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance/Protect

Outrage is a joke on anything that doesn't get STAB from it.

Wanna explain the evs? thxbabe

t-wave is redundant on anything other then tank gyara, and i suggest using this spread over that one as it effectively gets a DD up more often as well as is just more reliable overall.

Spread is

Gyarados @ Leftovers
156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe
Adamant (+ atk, - sp atk)
- Waterfall
- Taunt / EQ
- Stone edge
- Dragon dance

156 hp ensures that gyarados is never 2hkod by an LO timid heatrans fire blast, 108 atk always 2HKOs bold 252 Def / 148 blissey after SR damage before a dragon dance, 100 def allows you to take close combats and other resisted attacks from stuff like heracross/lucario much easier. 144 spe outspeeds timid gengar after a dragon dance with adamant.

waterfall is stab, taunt for breaking stall but can be switched out for EQ to hit things like empoleon who would wall the set, stone edge for flyers/mence/dnite etc. DD for boosting.

yeah its a standard smogon set but i explained it better then most people would and it still works much better then your set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I just got a Morning Sun Growlithe From my Friend who has HG, Its an impish nature and Im looking to make it bulky Or A staller in some since so any Ideas??
Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Toxic / Roar
- Morning Sun

Now that Arcanine has access to a reliable recovery move, its very respectable defenses and Intimidate ability make it a very apt physical wall. Even super effective hits can't hope to break Arcanine. Here are some calculations that help demonstrate its bulk:

Steelix, 0 Atk Earthquake vs 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine w/ Intimidate: 27.08% - 32.81%
Jolly Swellow (Guts activated), 252 Atk Facade vs 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine w/ Intimidate: 36.98% - 43.75%
Adamant Hitmontop, Life Orb, 252 Atk Fake Out vs 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine w/ Intimidate: 10.94% - 13.02%
Adamant Hitmontop, Life Orb, 252 Atk Close Combat vs 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine w/ Intimidate: 32.29% - 38.28%
+2 Jolly Scyther, Life Orb, 252 Atk Aerial Ace vs 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine w/ Intimidate: 54.95% - 65.10%
Adamant Choice Band Nidoking, 252 Atk Earthquake vs 252 HP / 252 Def Arcanine w/ Intimidate: 61.46% - 72.40%

Flare Blitz may seem counter-intuitive on the set, but it is necessary in order to make Arcanine a viable threat to your opponent, as Fire Fang (Arcanine's next best physical Fire-type option) is incredibly weak, especially when Arcanine isn't boosting its Attack stat at all. It also allows you to hit the few Pokemon who are immune to Toxic for super effective damage. ExtremeSpeed allows Arcanine to take on Life Orb attacks, healing off damage with Morning Sun, which forces Life Orb damage, and once they're in KO range, use priority to kill the opponent without any residual damage whatsoever.
Standard wall, you can fit Will-O-Wisp in there to cripple physical threats even more.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I've got a question. Magic coat, does it last for a few turns or is it a one time use thing? I'm trying to figure out whether it's worthwhile following Smogon's moveset or to just swap Magic Coat for something else.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I've got a question. Magic coat, does it last for a few turns or is it a one time use thing? I'm trying to figure out whether it's worthwhile following Smogon's moveset or to just swap Magic Coat for something else.
Nope, only a one time use.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
If I knock out a Pokemon worth 2 Attack EVs before multipliers, how many EVs will I get if my Pokemon has a Macho Brace and Pokerus?

Also how many would I get if I was holding Power item instead.

Please explain how you did your calculations this is kind of confusing to me. I think it's 8 EVs for Macho Brace+PKRS and 12 for Power item+PKRS but I'm not sure.

Back