• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Wow that's intense!! :c I'm super glad I don't work in retail. I don't think I could ever do it.. I get drained if I have to deal with people for too long.
Yeah, it sucks. I hated picking up clothes people would throw and all their spilled drinks and stuff -_-

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Usually they're not, but I drink in them anyways 'cause I'm a BAMF :cool:.

In all seriousness, working in any form of retail sounds like the worst job ever. I mean, I hate having to get up at 6am to go to work, but I'd much rather that than waking up at 8am to go and clean up other people's mess/stack shelves/serving rude customers etc. Over the summer I'm probably going to have to get one and the thought of it irks me.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Spilled drinks..? I thought there were no food and drink allowed in all retail stores nowadays.. ._.

Only the fancy ones from my experience. Maybe it's different in different places?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Spilled drinks..? I thought there were no food and drink allowed in all retail stores nowadays.. ._.

The store was in a mall. People would bring sodas from the food court and stuff and occasionally drop them. If I saw it guess who had to clean it up? I also had to clean up grosser things occasionally, I just dont understand why people have to make such a mess. I also once saw someone smoking inside the store.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I still need to get little things for my cat but I dont even want to go out because of the crazy people that might be out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Your cat doesn't know it's Christmas though.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'm one of the few people who wishes they worked in retail. Do you know how hard it is to get a job and not be a teenager when you haven't? You learn so many skills that are transferrable, especially in the United States, because so many of our jobs deal with how you interact with people, how you work in a fast paced environment, and even things like being dependable with sensitive items or information (such as using a cash register).

So when I'm out of a job, I can't find temporary work. Only another full time job, because I'm too overqualified for part time work, and too underqualified to actually do any of it when they can find a 16 year old and shape'em the way they want. I've been there. It ain't easy. It's not fun.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I am one of those crazy cat people lol, or I will be when I have my own place and I can afford more cats :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ew, why is that what you bring up when thinking about cats?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Although for the record all cat urine has ammonia and is gross. Boys are worse though cause if you don't neuter them (and even if you do sometimes) they spray.

Years
I have 3 cats, and they are all so different. The boy is the most 'sexual', but has not been neutered yet which we are to do after Christmas. Other 2 cats, females, have been neutered since one gave birth to over 30 kittens in total after a numerous amount of births and it was getting hard to deal with so it had to be done. It's nice having cats, they love being around you, laying in your lap or sleeping in bed with you; very fun and loving animals :3

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Cats are so cool. They're a lot more personal in having to get to know you, play with you. I remember some of my old cats (long since dead) sitting on the bed watching us, and last Christmas where we basically lived like cavemen and watched free TV with its corny commercials for dentures and stuff for weeks. Ah, those were the days... :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Depends on the cat. There are issues for some of them when they're picky about the litter box, and even my almost perfect cat peed on the floor when we moved his litter box. >_o

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
At one time my mom thought my cat went to the batroom outside the litter box a few times, but I think that was when I brought her home, sometimes they can be stressed out and that happens but as far as I know she now uses the litter box all the time. My dog however has a nasty habit of going to the bathroom in the house >_>

Years
Thing is, the cat we still have will think she's in the box if she can see the edge of the box in front of her, but she ends up peeing outside of the box. She does that with far less regularity now, but it used to be almost daily before we finally figured out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back