• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
Oh man every time I want to start the game with silence and meditation a new one pops up. How much is I have to wait more huh? As some new bug comes up in a new patch which I know is not the fault of you: Diego:D

Years
Lol the hack is in beta stage so yeah there are some bugs and more bugs are added with every new patch but they get fixed fast by the bug killing machine called diegoisawesome :D
Tbh i think there are only like 10-20 bugs in the latest version and most were reported and will be fixed in the near future and they will not cause any big problems anyway...

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
well, I'll keep playing without complaining (maybe) but I know that this one is a favorite, hope you it all goes well ^^

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Yeah, i realised about that l8r. The room that i wasn't able to access was the one were you fight the wise trio, but I thought that building was actually the Tin Tower. Nevermind, the doubt is solved.

Thanks for the hard work in both hacks diego, I personally think it's awesome.
Thanks for the appreciation!
Thank you for the quickfixes and the new changes, i only checked the new male heros sprite and its better than the previous one maybe i will have a speedthrough to check the rest of the new content some time later or ill just wait for more content to be added before i play again.

@ Dingopongo lol glad to hear that the problem is solved now

@ PokeReject Thats a very old bug, you can register only a few trainers and Mom & Elm dont worry though after reading one of Diegos latest posts im now sure that soon there will be huge phone card update :D

Btw Diego what about the Week Siblings and the Dudes Catching Tutorial bugs i posted earlier did you found a way to fix them and will you change the music that plays every time when Oak rates your Pokedex?
In Crystal a different music would play every time that you have catched 9-10 more new Pokemon.

Theres 1 weird thing about the animation that plays when a Pokemon or more in your party are poisoned,When playing with Gameboid theres only that sound playing when you are walking but On My Boy! Emulator there is the same sound playing but also an animation...
I guess this is an issue with Gameboid because its outdated and there is nothing wrong in the hack
The Week Siblings SHOULD be fixed. The bag problem is something I'll look in to tomorrow.
Prof. Oak's PC might have different music in the future.
well, I'll keep playing without complaining (maybe) but I know that this one is a favorite, hope you it all goes well ^^
Thanks for playing!

Tiny update today: the Pokédex has a new color scheme, as suggested and designed by tonti:
aFrbk.png

I know the searching menu hasn't had its palette changed yet; that should come with tomorrow's mini update.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the appreciation!

The Week Siblings SHOULD be fixed. The bag problem is something I'll look in to tomorrow.
Prof. Oak's PC might have different music in the future.

Thanks for playing!

Tiny update today: the Pokégear has a new color scheme, as suggested and designed by tonti:
aFrbk.png

I know the searching menu hasn't had its palette changed yet; that should come with tomorrow's mini update.
Boy what dedication. Simply your efforts are the best and that gear looks as hell awesome as ever.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Thanks for the updates diego, the battle sprites as well as the updated backsprites and pokedex palette change look awesome. I'm so excited for the next beta, i was thinking if i could trade on vba emulator with fire red to enhance my experience of getting kanto starter pokemon early on the game. I haven't tried trading with fr/lg yet on my crystal dust, do you know how can this be done?

Years
Wow wth i didnt visit this thread because i didnt got a notification that there are new messages posted here and i missed a cool update xD

I found some bugs in the last version i tried (the one before the pokedex update), some are maybe fixed in the latest patch but i dont know for sure so maybe you will wanna have a look at them

I believe that there is a hidden Nugget somewhere in this place but i didnt found any
2m4yts3.png

I have 1 space left in my party but i get this when i try to get an ABRA
I can get it if i have 2 free spaces
4vh8cz.png

Some times theres no option of YES/NO for this npc when she asks if the player wants to register her in the phone but some times she asks...
15k6te.png

The reflection of the player appears in those flowers when you surf in that spot
288zg2q.png

Both npcs who are near the sick miltank got weird characters in their dialogues while the miltank is sick and when it becomes healthy their dialogues dont get updated and remain the same

And this happened after i left the Farm
ay0uuf.png

The clock stopped and its always night ingame i stopped playing because of this bug :(

Btw is it normal if my pokemons current hp wont incease when it lvl ups while its max hp increases
For example if my pokemon had 2/34 hp and by lvl up it gets +2 hp and it haves 2/36 hp instead of 4/36
This happens when my pokemon are almost ready to faint and the hp bar is red.
Edit: This Doesnt happens in Emerald

patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game

Last edited:
Years
Hi! Diego, its been long time since I last posted... But I have always been keeping my eyes on in this thread... CrystalDust is becoming more & more crystal accurate with every small details... It looks very authentic & awesome... BTW, I was wondering if u figured out how to implement ruins of alph puzzle without any glitch... Waiting desparately for beta 3...

@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...

Years
Btw do you plan to change the look of the clock in the beggining of the game and in the players house or leave it like it is with the Emeralds design

And i wonder if getting stars in the trainers card will unlock some ingame dialogues (after the crystal original events are over) with some npcs like in hg/ss with nurse Joy having extra dialogues when the player gets some stars.
Also will npcs recognize the player as a champion after he becomes the champion?

As for the updates the male and female heros sprites and Bugsys & Whitneys OWs are awesome and the new wild pokemon theme is very cool nice job guys

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game

@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...

Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.

Years
Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.

Hmm i guess you will have to get the Ruby and Sapphire and have all the other requirements in your fr/lg games as for CrystalDust i think you will need to have the national dex because you needed it in emerald but since Diego changed the pokedex now Johto and Kanto Pokemon are registered so maybe he did enabled the national dex from the start of the game...

I love the new Pokedex design great job tonti!

I found a small bug, Im not sure if you are aware of this problem so ill just let you know that i get this when i try to compare the size of a Pokemon with the size of the Player
15e7a86.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3

Years
A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3

Umm you can already evolve pokemon without trading and im sure that you can use the cheats from pokemon emerald...
As for the starters im sure they will be available in the future betas since all 386 pokemon will be catchable

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?
You shouldn't be able to go there yet. Within the last page, this was addressed:

After letting the radio director free, he hands-off a Clear Bell which allows you to enter the Tin Tower. The bug appears when I try to head up to the third floor, the whole screen turns black and the game seems to keep going on (the speed shown on the VBA tool bar keeps in motion and so does the music).

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?
Uh. What. The Tin Tower is not yet programmed into the game, except for the first floor. I'd be inclined to say that I have no clue how you even got to the second.
So go back to your save and don't head in there. There must be a flag that gets turned off by accident or something.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Umm you can already evolve pokemon without trading and im sure that you can use the cheats from pokemon emerald...
As for the starters im sure they will be available in the future betas since all 386 pokemon will be catchable

oh really that's awesome I didn't know you could evolve Pokemon like kadabra without trading but as for the emerald cheats they don't work ...if you use item codebreakers it messes up the night/day if you use Pokemon codebreakers the game freezes so its best not to use them....and by the way where did you find your heracross?????

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
You shouldn't be able to go there yet. Within the last page, this was addressed:

So go back to your save and don't head in there. There must be a flag that gets turned off by accident or something.

Cyclone

Thanks Cyclone, I didn't see it...

Back