Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed Pokémon Normal Version: Elemental Division (Build Version 3.0 RC 1)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:51 AM).
╭━━╮╱╱╭━ ╱╱╱╱╭╮╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╭╮

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by FrozenInfernoZX:
The next update will be out soon. Hopefully middle September. It'll be pretty much a full region game with some post league content and tons of fixed/improved things from RC 1. Most noticeably, hints. I just don't want to rush a release and its not at the level I want it to be. I'll be done with scripting and mapping everything very soon. Most of the time will be towards graphical things, like updating the titlescreen, overworld graphics, and troubleshooting some minor bugs I found, etc.

As for the whole game, I'm aiming for 5 beta releases. Beta 4 should be released before the end of the year since I have everything in place from beta 3. I'll release a pre RC 2 version for my beta testers very soon. Here's some random updated screenshots: The grammar error has been fixed.

It seems like everything is starting to go fast despite the slow start the game faced. I'm really proud of the progress that was made, but what about the sequel? Is it still realistic? Do you still have reasonable plans and ideas and 'time' to make another game of this quality? Considering the tools we have now aren't really child's play, especially not the scripting...

Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:51 AM).
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Long Post Incoming!
Quote originally posted by shiyako:
Sorry but can i have some questions?
-Can you change the font? I can't see them all because I only see half of the words and they look so small.
-This hack is completed? Reason is above, thank you.
My last post in this thread stated the progress of this game! You maybe got confused when I said basically a full region game. This is a two region game, but the next release will have the first region completed (excluding some post Taejo and post Sejio areas).

As for the font, you mean in the game? Or this? PC has different themes we can use so the font may look different for some people, varying for others. For instance, I'm using the FTP theme with Bubble One font, but it looks good to me. Hmmm, anybody know a good readable font to use for this site?
Quote originally posted by Infinitum:
Did this game actually won an award or price? Considering how good it actually is, it should have definitely won something. Pokémon Glazed wasn't also the most perfect ever made and received the Hack of the Year award... Will definitely nominate it for some categories if there was another price/award for a game. Mapping-wise it's really good.
Thanks for the support! I put a lot of effort into this game, especially in the elimination of bugs considering all the features I have implemented to this rom. I'm surprised the rom never exploded lol. As of today, I don't have any game breaking glitches, just minor fixable bugs. I'll see if my beta testers encounter any major glitches.

I really loved Glazed. The amount of effort put into it given that it's on an Emerald rom, which I feel is harder than hacking on Fire Red, due to resource support (in comparison to Fire Red).

Quote originally posted by Infinitum:
It seems like everything is starting to go fast despite the slow start the game faced. I'm really proud of the progress that was made, but what about the sequel? Is it still realistic? Do you still have reasonable plans and ideas and 'time' to make another game of this quality? Considering the tools we have now aren't really child's play, especially not the scripting...
Although I've been working on this game for three years (started August 2012), technically 1.5 years of work have been put into this game. There was a time when I almost quit the production because of my first HDD failure during May 2013. I had lost tons of progress and was stressed out from university. Then a month later I restarted the progress I lost and released beta 1.5 a few months later. Losing the progress ironically made me better cause I ended up learning how to do a bit more things hacking wise, like improving my mapping and not rushing things. The mapping that I originally lost was actually sub par and rushed.

Then last summer I had another HDD failure, but it didn't die completely. So I was able to retrieve SOME of my data (thank goodness this game was one of them, else this game would have been cancelled) before it COMPLETELY died. At that time college started and I lost all motivation to continue due to a useless HDD and laptop. Never bothered to get a new HDD because I didn't want to work on the game anymore... until this summer I restarted progress by releasing whatever progress (first beta 3 RC 1) I had to regain motivation. And the newer tools and findings made things less stressful. So it's really 1.5 years.

As for the sequel, not sure. But I always subconsciously had the idea of the pre sequel since beta 2.3. You'll notice a bit of things referenced to "three years ago" that's not in normal version, like somebody named Alphere, Trainer Teal, and the 999 (resembling a coiling snake) legend. I've been kinda working on it, extremely little though. There'll be a thread of it when beta 4 of this game is released. It's on an Emerald rom where you'll play as Trainer Teal with Lotad as your starter. The Uiyto region map is 95% completed with four regional quadrants. Teal Version is a 100% definite. You'll learn the origins of Frozen and Inferno. And ZX...

All in all, the sequel to Normal Nersion, Ultimate ZX may get to see the light of day considering that PNV is the only two FULL region hack I'll ever make lol. PTV is going to be one region and so is PUZX. But! I have no idea if PUZX will take place in a future rebuilt Uiyto or a completely new region. A rebuilt Uiyto would make more sense story wise.

And please! I don't want anymore HDD failures!
Old 1 Week Ago (06:08 PM).

So, I'm stuck after I get back to Pokewood for the 2nd time. Am I supposed to go through cycling road? The Youtube walkthrough shows Nakasu having a bike, but I have no idea where to get one. Any solutions?
Old 1 Week Ago (08:32 PM).
Rose of Favor
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by KiiroiSenko:
So, I'm stuck after I get back to Pokewood for the 2nd time. Am I supposed to go through cycling road? The Youtube walkthrough shows Nakasu having a bike, but I have no idea where to get one. Any solutions?

I get the bike at 7:30.

You should have visited all the buildings on the way back to PokeWood. You can still go back. Take a look at my location

Myanimelist|VM|Battle Server|AMA|
Old 1 Week Ago (09:54 PM).

Quote originally posted by Nakasu:

I get the bike at 7:30.

You should have visited all the buildings on the way back to PokeWood. You can still go back. Take a look at my location
OMG I don't know how I missed that... Thank you very much ))))))))
Old 1 Week Ago (02:14 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by FrozenInfernoZX.
Legendary Trainer ZX

Here are some updates. I completely reworked the evolutions for this game to fit the two region level curve, once again. For instance, all Kanto and Johto starters evolve at [level 20] and [level 40]. It's more fun to evolve creatures now and figure the methods out from NPC hints, than the more boring typical level up method.
Sample taken from my beta document. Two Pokémon, Togetic and Lickitung will only be able to evolve once the Seijo Dex is unlocked. Their method of evolution will remain unknown as of now.
Spoiler:
032 Skiploom [Level 21 w/ Rain]
033 Jumpluff [Level 42 w/ Rain]
048 Ledian [Specific Map Areas at Peacemaker Town]
065 Lucario [Learned Iron Heart]
093 Togetic [Friend-Day] [Hold Item w/ Playful Yarn]
108 Tentacruel [Level 35]
111 Gloom [Level 20 at Night]
112 Vileplume [Hold Item w/ Vile Shroom at Night]
113 Bellossom [Max Beauty]
117 Altaria [Level 33 w/ Dragon Companion]
119 Arcanine [Level 43 w/ Intense Sunlight]
139 Gengar [Link Cable]
157 Mantine [Hold Item w/ Kelpsy Berry at Night]
168 Hitmonlee [Hold Item w/ Kick Gear]
169 Hitmochan [Hold Item w/ Punch Gear]
170 Hitmotop [Hold Item w/ Spin Gear]
173 Tyranitar [Level 55 w/ Sandstorm]
185 Dragonite [Level 55 w/ Misty Caverns]

And here is a screenshot from the Aqualight Takeover: The map is using the sunlight weather, that's why it looks really bright.

Old 1 Week Ago (04:54 AM).

Does Bulbasaur have a changed moveset?
Old 1 Week Ago (10:26 AM).
Legendary Trainer ZX

Quote originally posted by PokeHazard805:
Does Bulbasaur have a changed moveset?
Yup. Indeed. Every single Pokémon have an altered moveset.
Old 1 Week Ago (11:05 AM).

You're awesome, man.
Old 5 Days Ago (10:09 AM).

How do you evolve Gastly?
Old 4 Days Ago (10:43 AM).

To collect the grey feathers in Silversky Forest, is one on the other side of the fisherman? And do you need surf to get it? I have 5, just need the sixth one to redeem the "special pokemon" for the grey feather collecter.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)