• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Soul Silver Competitive Team help

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Typhlosion/ LV: 58/ Nature: Naughty/ Item: Expert Belt/ Ability: Blaze
Flare Blitz, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Earthquake
Dragonite/ LV: 57/ Nature: Lonely/ Item: King's Rock/ Ability: Inner Focus
Dragon Claw, Thunder Punch, Rock Slide, Heal Bell
Scizor/ LV: 58/ Nature: Adamant/ Item: Life Orb/ Ability: Technician
Baton Pass, Swords Dance, X- Scissor, Bullet Punch
Absol/ LV: 59/ Nature: Adamant/ Item: Metronome/ Ability: Pressure
Baton Pass, Wish, Sucker Punch, Mean Look
Gallade/ LV: 59/ Nature: Jolly/ Item: Muscle Band/ Ability: Steadfast
Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Torment, Taunt
Blastoise/ LV: 58/ Nature: Modest/ Item: Quick Claw/ Ability: Torrent
Ice Beam, Rapid Spin, Waterfall, Focus Blast

NOTES:
- All of these Pokemon were exposed to the Pokerus...Lucky me... :-)
- My Pokemon were EV trained accordingly, so they are a lot stronger than usual...
- Typhlosion and Dragonite are considered my sweepers (Typhlosion is would be considered a mixed sweeper and Dragonite is a physical sweeper.) Scizor and Absol are decent BPer's. Gallade has a very dirty trick up his sleeve... but it requires Absol's BP for it to work perfectly. Blastoise is my Rapid Spinner (So using Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes are out of the question for my opponent.) Waterfall is in this moveset in case it was BPed by Scizor...
- I am bored with battling against computer trainers on this game, so I intend on fighting against skilled and experienced opponents in tournament... That means I have NO intention on catching ANY Uber or Legendary pokemon because I will be looked down upon if I do and they are normally banned in tournament/competitive play anyway.
- The question is this: How far am I going to get against an experienced Pokemon player with this team? Should make any moveset changes? Change of natures? Change of strategy? Please help me and make sure you provide AS MUCH EVIDENCE AND FACTS AS POSSIBLE while answering this question.
- And yes, I will be trading Pokemon with the Pokerus to others, because I know many others want more cool and competitive pokemon, too. So feel free to hit me up if you want.

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
... Uh...

... No.

Do you really use that team in competitive battling? I don't want to be mean or anything but... If I took your advice, then what's going to happen if I run into a Swapert or Gliscor? Or any ground types for that matter? If I had that team, I would be crushed... miserably. Five of your Pokemon will just be murdered be ground types, save for the last pokemon. Also, when I posted this message, I just stated that I am NOT GOING TO GET ANY LEGENDARY AND/OR UBER POKEMON!!! Your Raikou is a LEGENDARY pokemon! ... And... what are doing with Pikachu on your team? Even if Pikachu was holding a Light Ball, it is still going to be a extremely hard experience for those who wish to compete with others...
If you were trying to post a joke here however, then its not funny.

I appreciate the thought but you might want to take this A LITTLE BIT MORE SERIOUSLY and please make sure you read the post before offering help. There is a such thing as professionalism after all.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Most competitive battles are OU so try building an OU/BL team...
Dragonite and Gallade, and Scizor are the only OU/BL pokemon here

When you said I dont want any Legends or Ubers because you'll be looked down on, no you wont, Only UBER'S Celebi, Jirachi,Azelf,Uxie, Mesprit, Riakou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, registeel and Regice, +Plus the Birds all fall under OU or below

Use smogon that'll help you with team building...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ugh, your format is horrible and hurts the eyes!
We cannot rate your team if it's not clear and readable.

All movesets should be posted like this:

Pokemon @Item
Nature
Ability
EVs

-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4

Description (Optional)

DO NOT POST YOUR POKEMON'S LEVELS! Levels are useless since all standard Wi-Fi battles are auto-Level 100.
Also, how do we know you EV trained your Pokemon if you don't list their EVs? You must list your Pokemon's EVs if you want a proper rate.

The question is this: How far am I going to get against an experienced Pokemon player with this team?
Honestly, you'll be lucky if you even defeated ONE of your opponent's Pokemon, assuming your opponent is an advanced battler. Your team just isn't that good.

Should make any moveset changes? Change of natures? Change of strategy?
Definitely, but there are so many things wrong with this team that it would take forever to fix everything. Even I would be exhausted trying to list everything that is wrong here. Instead, you should educate yourself on what a good moveset looks like by going to Smogon. Click on one of the Pokemon's names to view it's strategy page and all the movesets/battling tips related to that Pokemon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
... Still learning... I've only went with the assumption that I didn't need smogon. Apparently, I am wrong...

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
... Still learning... I've only went with the assumption that I didn't need smogon. Apparently, I am wrong...

There there. We were all noobs at one point. As aragornbird has said though, Smogon is a great place to get started into competitive Pokémon battling.

Back