• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 925 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Muddy

Oshawott Luvr
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
awesome game.

This game has to be the best RMXP game ever. It is the only RMXP game I still have on my computer and play. I love your retro graphics, how Eevee is so important, and mainly the battle scenes. I hope you finish this game! :)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
This really is a brilliant fangame. My favorite thing about the game is that the characters know they are in a game.

thanks, breaking the 4th wall is something i loved ever since i saw it happen in MGS.

This is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to finish the demo... PLEASE keep up the good work! Can't wait for the full release.
I will try my hardest finishing it. I have split the game up to span 2 regions, so technically im very close to finishing.

Edit: Found a little glitch. In the Academy Garden, if you're on your bike and you inspect the bad fishing spot next the fat man, it dismounts your bike but you keep regular bike speed. I assume this happens with any fishing spot, just a heads up.
nice catch. *fixing
Also just a small feature request: some sort of indicator if a Pokemon can learn a TM before you actually attempt to teach it... sort of like how it works in stock games.
sadly, the menu system and all is "fixed" per-se. I can't modify it much, so the TM system that is there is probably how it's gonna remain. :(

When changing Eevee forms you move to the bottom slot in the party, not sure if this is intended or not. (Another problem, here's a scenario. "Jolteon gets burned, I switched to Vaporeon, I go to the Pokemon Center, I switch back to Jolteon... he still has his burn)
The changing eevee thing happens because each form of eevee is technically a different pokemon slot. so when switching, you're just removing one form, and adding the other. (transfering HP%, PP% and equipment) so because you remove, then add in, it defaults to the bottom of the party.

Though hope is not lost, I am looking into making a system where it'll automatically rearrange your team after you switch. The only downside, is that the "order" menu would be removed from the menu to the PC or something (because like i said, the menu is pretty fixed. I have to custom code workarounds. thats why you don't see things like the pokedex, trainer card, tetra element integrated to the menu, rather they have hotkeys and such.)

Sorry for mass editing this thread, I just keep finding some issues. In the Chip Piece item it's spelled Chip Peice, and so is Ember "Peice". Is this intentional?
gah. spelling, my nemesis. i've been fixing up the grammar on the game, but that managed to evade me. *fixed.

Hey you read PokeSpe, maybe a Red/Blue/Green cameo :D

I can always hope.
Problem is that red, blue and green already exist in the SPEE universe as their videogame counterparts.

You'll meet (and battle :O) blue in the next demo. while red won't appear for a while, and green... well, theres gonna be an explanation to why she doesn't exist in the RBY games. (even though theres concept art of her)

This game has to be the best RMXP game ever. It is the only RMXP game I still have on my computer and play. I love your retro graphics, how Eevee is so important, and mainly the battle scenes. I hope you finish this game! :)
wow, best ever? not sure thats factually correct, but ill take the huge complement.

SPEE isn't actually an RMXP game, I made it using it's the predecessor, RPGMaker 2003. Since when i started this project my monitor wouldn't support the RMXP resolution. So i just stuck with RM2003.
because of that I can't do some of the stuff rmxp does, but on the plus side, i have (literally) 3+ years experience in it. so i know the ins and outs to it. also allows me to get more creative to solve the problems. only 4 pokemon? lets give you a super eevee. Can't limit the amount of moves pokemon learn? great! pokemon don't have to forget moves.

nice to see you like the battle system, when making the game i was fearing people would say "great game, storyline, etc. Except i don't like the battle system." it happened to my last game (which truthfully, had an abysmal battle system)
i so thankful that complaint didn't crop up this time.

and im a sucker for nostaliga, so <3 gsc graphics.

---
progress is speeding up a bit weirdly enough. hoping to get the databasing done by the end of this week.

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
I may be missing something obvious but I cannot figure where the captain is? Seeing as I keep getting told to go to rainbow tower. I've already dealt with the silph co problem and obtained the summon and beat the gym, messed around at rainbow tower more, checked the town as much as I can yet no luck.

Enjoying the game a lot so far though (:

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
Just two questions... Is the name data (Your name, Silver, etc.) saved somewhere in a text file, or at least in a file that's changeable? And why when typing a name it goes in that weird two letter blocks?

DarkDoom3000

Years
I may be missing something obvious but I cannot figure where the captain is? Seeing as I keep getting told to go to rainbow tower. I've already dealt with the silph co problem and obtained the summon and beat the gym, messed around at rainbow tower more, checked the town as much as I can yet no luck.

Enjoying the game a lot so far though (:

Just go talk to the guy in the harbor, to start the captain quest.
(it only starts once you've beat the silph co team rocket)

the harbor guy will tell you where the captain went, and you'll have to do a wild goose chase.

Just two questions... Is the name data (Your name, Silver, etc.) saved somewhere in a text file, or at least in a file that's changeable? And why when typing a name it goes in that weird two letter blocks?
No, the name data is stored in the save files, which aren't really editable.
But you did just give me the idea of allowing the player to change their name. so that functionality will be coming next version

Im not exactly sure why the name system types in 2 letter blocks. something to do with the way it stores the names? im not sure. can't be changed :/

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
No, the name data is stored in the save files, which aren't really editable.
But you did just give me the idea of allowing the player to change their name. so that functionality will be coming next version

Im not exactly sure why the name system types in 2 letter blocks. something to do with the way it stores the names? im not sure. can't be changed :/

Alright, and maybe you can make it so you can change ALL nameable characters, if it's not too much of a hassle. Not sure if you want it from the start, as maybe a PC option, or an item that drops from one of the AIs, like the New Game +

Edit: While playing through the game, after healing at a Pokemon Center, sometimes it won't allow you to use any items until you get into a battle (After further playing I think it may be the first time you use a Pokemon Center at that area.)

BIG PROBLEM While trying to save I got an error Insignificant Memory and it deleted my save <_< (From now on I'll try and backup my Save#.lsd file in the folder, but damn was it extremely annoying to have all that time deleted. Seems like a combo of the bizarre bugs that monkeyboi and pokemasterx found?)

Also, you can't sleep in your bed to recover health or anything.

Pokemon don't faint from Poison, they stay at 1 health and the screen keeps flashing red.

The description of Attack Ups, Special Ups, PP Ups, etc. says raises Character's ____ by _, not Pokemon

Aaaaaaand, when changing between day and night those little pitstop areas don't count as leaving the area.

If you buy a house in Mors Village, travel somewhere else, and turn it to day you can still travel to Mors Village as day (If you exit you come out of that forest wall and can't re-enter.)

No default name for Crystal

No ability to delete saves without going into the game folder and deleting the Save#.lsd file

Fire Fang is a special attack, not sure about any of the other fangs, but the claws are physical

Is there a crit system in the game? Sometimes I'm hitting 200s and then the next turn 900s.

Maybe for each of the equippable items the description could show the stat that it increases, it's a little hard to judge which items give more when you already have equipped items.

In the Silph Co. the scientist says if you go any lower you'll die in 15 minutes, but the timer counts down from 10 minutes. (But it is a nice touch that it counts down in battle, and that it travels between floors... though maybe the timer in battle can be on the bottom-left side instead of the bottom-right so it isn't on top of the Pokemon sprite in the last slot.)

Why do I have all these questions/find stuff? Anyway, do Pokemon such as Graveler evolve normally by levels, since in real games he evolves by trade?

(Again sorry for all the questions/concerns, just love seeing "developers" who respond and answer questions; and the fact that I can point out stuff that can be fixed to make it a cleaner game and such :p)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
How long?

hey I'm new to the forum and I just finished the current .603v and wanted to ask how long till the next game update comes out do i need to put this game on the back burner or can I expect it out some time soon?

DarkDoom3000

Years
Alright, and maybe you can make it so you can change ALL nameable characters, if it's not too much of a hassle. Not sure if you want it from the start, as maybe a PC option, or an item that drops from one of the AIs, like the New Game +
Will do. not a hassle at all, would probably take less than 5 minutes to do it. Ill probably just make an option in the rainbow tower. pay to change names of characters or something.
Edit: While playing through the game, after healing at a Pokemon Center, sometimes it won't allow you to use any items until you get into a battle (After further playing I think it may be the first time you use a Pokemon Center at that area.)
Weird. is it that you can't access the menu? also, which items?
There was an error, where if you use the box, and used the manman export, the game would disable hotkeys and the bike, you had to enter the box again to fix, not sure if thats the same issue.
BIG PROBLEM While trying to save I got an error Insignificant Memory and it deleted my save <_< (From now on I'll try and backup my Save#.lsd file in the folder, but damn was it extremely annoying to have all that time deleted. Seems like a combo of the bizarre bugs that monkeyboi and pokemasterx found?)
Ah crap. Was hoping it was just some one-time issue.
BUT- thanks for bringing up the error message. it probably said "insufficent memory". some quick googling revealed it might be some sort of memory leak.

if you can remember would you mind answering these
;
1-what map was it on?
2-did the sound cut out before it happened?
3-if the sound did cut out, what map did it cut out on (if you were on a different map)
4-after the sound cut out, did you immediately enter a battle?
5-how long were you playing before it happened (not total playtime, but how long was that particular session)

might have something to do with the music, or too much events. Sucks because it doesn't seem to be an easily replicatable bug. I just hope i can fix whatever it is...
worst case scenerio is that i would have to just put in lots of warnings to tell people to make multiple saves.

Also, you can't sleep in your bed to recover health or anything.
ah, forgot about that. *fixing
The description of Attack Ups, Special Ups, PP Ups, etc. says raises Character's ____ by _, not Pokemon
*fixing - technically pokemon are still characters. :P
Aaaaaaand, when changing between day and night those little pitstop areas don't count as leaving the area.
hm, i remember that one, forgot to fix.

If you buy a house in Mors Village, travel somewhere else, and turn it to day you can still travel to Mors Village as day (If you exit you come out of that forest wall and can't re-enter.)
Yeah, thats normal. Basically, mors village does exist at daytime, it's not permenently night, but it's just that theres no path to it via Sola forest, only luna forest. so being able to quicktravel to it is right.

No ability to delete saves without going into the game folder and deleting the Save#.lsd file
Yeah. one of thoes system things i can't edit :/

Fire Fang is a special attack, not sure about any of the other fangs, but the claws are physical

Ah, they're physical, but i forgot to change the info message to say P instead of S. *fixed

Is there a crit system in the game? Sometimes I'm hitting 200s and then the next turn 900s.
there should be. I haven't done extensite testing, but i assume so since theres options for it. Also, some moves have high variance, so that might be it (ie: damage varies a lot)

If you were attacking 2 different pokemon, then the defence would explain the attack difference. one probably had... Vastly higher defence.

Maybe for each of the equippable items the description could show the stat that it increases, it's a little hard to judge which items give more when you already have equipped items.
good point. will do.

In the Silph Co. the scientist says if you go any lower you'll die in 15 minutes, but the timer counts down from 10 minutes. (But it is a nice touch that it counts down in battle, and that it travels between floors... though maybe the timer in battle can be on the bottom-left side instead of the bottom-right so it isn't on top of the Pokemon sprite in the last slot.)
yeah, someone mentioned the 15 minute thing. i think i fixed it. (better go double check)
ah, good point about the timer overlap. will try fix that. I think i can, but otherwise ill just make it pause in battle.

Why do I have all these questions/find stuff?
I guess you're through ;)
Anyway, do Pokemon such as Graveler evolve normally by levels, since in real games he evolves by trade?
No trading evolve nonsense.
Graveler -> L42 -> Golem
Kadabra -> L36 -> Alakazam
Haunter-> L42 -> Gengar
machoke-> L42 -> machamp
Onix-> L42 -> Steelix
Scyther -> L42 -> scizor

(Again sorry for all the questions/concerns, just love seeing "developers" who respond and answer questions; and the fact that I can point out stuff that can be fixed to make it a cleaner game and such :p)
No need to be sorry! I find it odd that people almost think it's a bad thing to report the bugs. It's great! I need it for the game to be better. :)

hey I'm new to the forum and I just finished the current .603v and wanted to ask how long till the next game update comes out do i need to put this game on the back burner or can I expect it out some time soon?
The next version will take quite some time. maybe a month atleast. so don't worry, you can put it on your back buner

--
on another note. I managed get an emblem for game development.
1st/2nd (tied) for Game Developer Know-It-All :D

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270426

Last edited:

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
Congrats! But yeah, playing through the game again now (while backing up my save every time I save) and I'll be sure to make my list of bugs and stuff in this post... Most pokemon games bore me since I'm so used to them and the mechanics, this one with the very interesting combat system and story doesn't bore me away, even when playing it a second time... keep it up.

Replying to the Save Issue:
1. I don't remember the map unfortunately.
2/3/4. I was actually watching Scrubs (Which made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable when I viewed a TV and said that Scrubs was on) so I wasn't playing with game sound on.
5. Many hours.... I think most of the day the game was open. (The game is just really addictive :D)

Replying to the Item Issue:
It may have been after the Manman issue, I'll be sure to test it later, and the only two items I've tried were the bike and tetra element. Edit: It is the Manman issue, just tested it

Replying the Poison Timer Thing:
I wouldn't stop the timer in battle, it's just a very small detail that it goes over a little bit of the sprite and not a big deal at all, and the timer in battle is nice... gives it a "real" feel that you can't just screw off in a battle because you aren't being timed.

And just a note, this might be a favorite thing in the whole game... laugh every time I see the face.
rSKdK.png

Bug/Question/Concern List (Finished the game, all done :])

No default name for Crystal

The default name for the rival should be Silver, not whatever it was :p (Unless you were intending it to be different names, but I didn't think so since the default name for the hero is Gold, and they do mention Red in the game)

Pokemon don't faint from Poison, they stay at 1 health and the screen keeps flashing red.

Add some way to sort items? (If possible, I know you're working off a certain system or whatever for RPG Maker)

Some way to favorite attacks, or sort them. (Again, I know if you're working off a base system you can't do this)

One of the Trainer Tip Signs (I think on Route 3, the one right before Brevis Town... i think, says you need to the HM Cut to cut trees, but It's referred to a chainsaw in the game (or when you change it axe.... I kinda stalked your google doc thing in your signature)

Change item hotkeys, and assign new ones?

Ability to stop evolutions with B(or I guess X) if possible.

On my first playthrough before I had to start over, my Charmeleon knew Toxic Spikes. I just got the TM and tried to teach it to him and it wouldn't work, so I think that Charmander can learn it but Charmeleon can (my only reasoning to it)

In Amplus in the whole "fight rocket members one by one where the game moves for you" Your eevee stutter-steps behind you instead of just walking smoothly.

Wedge doesn't have a female rocket sprite (I think she's female.... by "her" hair.)

I don't feel like Tyrogue makes too much of a difference on Whitney, I would think stab moves from pokes 10+ levels higher would do more, or even by Double Kick from the department store. Maybe raise his level? (After playing this twice it is much easier to go to the store, buy double kick, and teach it someone (in my case charmeleon. I guess you're just giving multiple options though.... AND somehow my Jolteon knows it.)

There's an item called remove, description Goldenplate. raises defense by 20, not sure how I got it.

On the third floor on the big department store (Amplus) the merchant on the left has some TMs, but when you exit out of him he shows the first 4 TMs in a text box after exiting the store.

Add more of a selection of TMs you can buy? (ie. when evolving to eeveemon without being jolteon I use thunder bolt, or flareon with flamethrower etc. the ability to buy these in TMs would be nice)

The girl right next to Whitney should check your inventory, make sure you have the badge, and if not don't let you exit, how it is in the original games.

Some way to show that you're Pokemon has more than one status condition (ie. Vaporeon was blinded and used Aqua Ring, the status showed Regen yet it was still Blinded.

When you go past M and Lionheart's den on Route 8 to Ferreus Town and then head back towards Route 8 you don't see Lionheart's den, you have to go onto route 8 then go backwards - You can only see Lionheart's domain and M when going from the left, not the right.

^I seriously got all of this in 3 hours? Anyway, Air Slash has a 0 instead of a P or S.

Random grammar mistake I found, when talking to the Berry Master about Jasmine's medicine, Gold says "Should have seen that comming instead of coming.

When leaving Oak's lab you cut the bush and travel down towards the green shirted dude and fall asleep, yet you wake up above the cut tree next to Oak's lab.

When delivering Oak's Flux Capacitor or whatever it is the mart girl says to return to her for a prize, yet Oak gives $1000 to you and she gives you nothing. Maybe it could say "Make sure Oak gives you something special"... or something like that.

If not already, make the Confusion be a RNG to see if you can make a move or not?

Little bit confused at the Luna Village, some people mention that it's their first time seeing night, but aren't they in night constantly? Are are they the same NPCs? If so why do they have different pokemon and challenge you again?

I don't know if you can add this anyway, but somehow get pokemon with levitate to... well resist ground moves? Just would seem more realistic.

Normal and fighting moves hit ghosts. (Only tried on Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar)

Indicating which town you have a house in on your regular map

In the place where you meet XDR the ledges aren't jumpable.

Water Pulse sometimes misses even though it says to have 100% accuracy.

When Pokemon evolve they lose their hold items.

You can't enter the house on Route 13

When asking the Pokemart and pokecenter girl where the ship captain is there is no dialogue option for asking, but when you exit out of the shop menu Gold asks it.

Some way to heal before the GeoSigma fight on the ship

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Just go talk to the guy in the harbor, to start the captain quest.
(it only starts once you've beat the silph co team rocket)

the harbor guy will tell you where the captain went, and you'll have to do a wild goose chase.

I've beat the silph co team rockets all the guy says is "There is currently no ships docked here.
We have a pretty imcompetent captain so it might take a while. Go waste time in the Rainbow Tower or something"

Which sounds like I might still I need to do something to activate the event but I have beaten team rocket and they are gone from silph co, I beat Latios and on the chance the Captain is actually somewhere at the Rainbow tower I have checked there loads and no luck unless he's hidden somewhere deep in the safari zone where I haven't found him. Or I'm still missing something obvious >.>

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
I've beat the silph co team rockets all the guy says is "There is currently no ships docked here.
We have a pretty imcompetent captain so it might take a while. Go waste time in the Rainbow Tower or something"

Which sounds like I might still I need to do something to activate the event but I have beaten team rocket and they are gone from silph co, I beat Latios and on the chance the Captain is actually somewhere at the Rainbow tower I have checked there loads and no luck unless he's hidden somewhere deep in the safari zone where I haven't found him. Or I'm still missing something obvious >.>

The Captain is actually on
Spoiler:
but you won't be able to activate the "quest" to find him until you
Spoiler:
There should be a ship docked though, did you
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Yeah I've got the ticket and broke the seal, think I needed to break it to get to the rockets to get the ticket anyway. I have recorded what I have done so far so you can maybe see what I may of missed?

At about 4min I'm in the lift with Kanon & Marina then reach the basement and break the seal at around 7:40, rest of video is just battling rockets so irrelevant.
Spoiler:

At about 3:25 I get the ferry pass. Rest of video is irrelevant, mostly just at the rainbow tower messing around.
Spoiler:

at about 3 min I talk to the ticket guy who gives me the message I said before, I go then and defeat Latios for the ticket guy to give the same message again at about 17:25 after defeating Latios.
Spoiler:

and I beat the Gym before the first video I posted.

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
Yeah I've got the ticket and broke the seal, think I needed to break it to get to the rockets to get the ticket anyway. I have recorded what I have done so far so you can maybe see what I may of missed?

At about 4min I'm in the lift with Kanon & Marina then reach the basement and break the seal at around 7:40, rest of video is just battling rockets so irrelevant.
Spoiler:

At about 3:25 I get the ferry pass. Rest of video is irrelevant, mostly just at the rainbow tower messing around.
Spoiler:

at about 3 min I talk to the ticket guy who gives me the message I said before, I go then and defeat Latios for the ticket guy to give the same message again at about 17:25 after defeating Latios.
Spoiler:

and I beat the Gym before the first video I posted.

Did you defeat Jasmine? Just a guess :p

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
I knew it would be something silly. I think I wanted to adventure on after giving her the medicine and forgot all about her, thanks for the help (:

DarkDoom3000

Years
Thanks jared, Working through the bugs now.

@chained teapot

yeah, theres 2 triggers needed for the boat to come, 6 gym badges and having to beat team rocket at silph.co.

I looked at the game code, and it appears as that i mixed up the dialouge.
It's usually meant to say
"go get some gym badges" if you don't have all badges, and
"go waste time in the rainbow tower" if you do.

but i accidently coded it up so he says "go get some badges" when you DO have the 6 badges, and says "go waste time in the rainbow tower" if you don't. thus becoming redundant *facepalm*

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
cool thanks I will check some the things on new game + hope i can use it to play with the new patch

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Ah.. When I said Cameo i kinda wanted their manga teams (which are based off the games anyway) Such as Red's Aero and that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2012
Controls don't work

Hey, I really want to play Super Pokemon Eevee Edition, but none of the controls work, I can't move up or down so I get stuck at the naming window. Does anyone know how to fix this?

DarkDoom3000

Years
cool thanks I will check some the things on new game + hope i can use it to play with the new patch

No, sadly no old save files will work on the new version. since NG+ just resets storyline events, it still counts as an old save.

Ah.. When I said Cameo i kinda wanted their manga teams (which are based off the games anyway) Such as Red's Aero and that.

Ah, yeah. You'll see alternate teams somewhere in the game. ;)

I'd really like to give this a try, it looks like my type of game.

Hey, I really want to play Super Pokemon Eevee Edition, but none of the controls work, I can't move up or down so I get stuck at the naming window. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Here; http://www.mediafire.com/?2fxi353ishdzj36
download and paste that in the Main folder. It should say the file already exists, say "yes" to overrite it. that might fix it.

---

YAY I've finally been making some progress. Firstly, I've mapped a few more routes. It's crazy; because I'm nearly finished the whole region.

Spoiler:

Yeah, a sudowoodo blocking a 4 way road now. It's a corrupted one, so you'll obtain it once you defeat it.

Here's the map of the continent of the game. turned out pretty good. It's definetly not final, may some minor details may change at a later time.
yellow = mapped.
0r2uf.png

Now, i've been making a couple of changes to the game; to make it more inline with pokemon gold.
>Since the game is a reimagining of gold.

Firstly: Starters have now changed to second generation pokemon. Chikarita, Totodile and Cyndaquil. I was fighting over this decesion, since you would end up sharing one starter with the rival, but ultimately it made sense.

Secondly: No wild 3rd generation pokemon until much later in the game. To preserve the "2nd gen" feel of the game.

Most of the 3rd gen pokemon will be avaliable on the second region;
(assuming the game actually makes it that far.)

Back