• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Why, yes it can. Seems to be a lot of these questions lately. Linking up with the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc will enable the patch, and I want to say Pokemon Channel, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen as well, though I'm not too sure on the latter. And I think you can still order replacement batteries. If you look back a few pages in this thread, there are probably better answers, cause I know this question has been brought up a lot recently.

Apologies ^^; I haven't been on the forums since October so I haven't really been following anything ^^;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Apologies ^^; I haven't been on the forums since October so I haven't really been following anything ^^;

No need to apologize; I wouldn't think to look back a few pages either, to be honest. I was just referencing it so that you could look back and see what other people suggested for the last person that was concerned about their battery.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
My Pokémon Sapphire went missing for a couple of months an I finally discovered it in a damp corner of one of the rooms in the house ^^ Now when I put it in my DS to play [being all happy that I've found it, because I'd been looking for it for AGES and needed to import to my Diamond game to complete the NationalDex] Anyways, I turned it on and it tells me the internal batery has run dry and that clock based events will not occur. Can this be repaired in any way?

As Syd said, when he thought you could buy Back-up Batteries, you can indeed, because I did, and my Internal Battery is no longer dead. You have to be able to sauder though.
(might have spelled that wrong btw)

I was just referencing it so that you could look back and see what other people suggested for the last person that was concerned about their battery.
I believe that person was me btw.

Last edited:
Years
I have a question regarding my Leaf Green version. Which starter should I get? I've heard that your starter's type affects which legendary dog you're gonna get. Should I choose Bulbasaur like what many claim to be good or Squirtle? I don't really like Charmander, so that's out. Is Entei better or Raikou? :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a question regarding my Leaf Green version. Which starter should I get? I've heard that your starter's type affects which legendary dog you're gonna get. Should I choose Bulbasaur like what many claim to be good or Squirtle? I don't really like Charmander, so that's out. Is Entei better or Raikou? :(

Bulbasaur is taking the easy route... Can beat first two gyms, resistant against the 3rd, 4th You should have another Pokemon, 5th, 6th, 7th could be hard without the right helpers, but 8th and the E4 should be moderately easy.

Squirlte is known as the average option, fairing against most gyms. 3rd and 4th are the only one's that should give you problems, Blastoise has good defensive stats along with offensive, Venusaur has good Special stats and speed. (Well better than the Toise')

Raikou is better >: Entei is just rubbish But Entei does have a shallow movepool I'd go with Raikou (:

Squirtle + Raikou :D

Years

Bulbasaur is taking the easy route... Can beat first two gyms, resistant against the 3rd, 4th You should have another Pokemon, 5th, 6th, 7th could be hard without the right helpers, but 8th and the E4 should be moderately easy.

Squirlte is known as the average option, fairing against most gyms. 3rd and 4th are the only one's that should give you problems, Blastoise has good defensive stats along with offensive, Venusaur has good Special stats and speed. (Well better than the Toise')

Raikou is better >: Entei is just rubbish But Entei does have a shallow movepool I'd go with Raikou (:

Squirtle + Raikou :D
Thanks for the advice. I chose Squirtle and 3rd and 4th gyms were so easy. I used my Diglett to beat the Electric type and my Doduo owned the Grass gym. :D

Ok, here's some for my Emerald which was restarted 4 days ago.
1. Which Electric Pokemon should I place temporarily in my party until I get a Chinchou? Electrike, Magnemite or Pikachu? Voltorb is out cos I see that it sucks. I'm thinking maybe Electrike will do especially with Manectric.
2. Which Pokemon should I make it learn HM Rock Smash? Zigzagoon, Aron or Gulpin? I was planning on making Zigzagoon my HM slave, it has Cut learned already.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the advice. I chose Squirtle and 3rd and 4th gyms were so easy. I used my Diglett to beat the Electric type and my Doduo owned the Grass gym. :D

Ok, here's some for my Emerald which was restarted 4 days ago.
1. Which Electric Pokemon should I place temporarily in my party until I get a Chinchou? Electrike, Magnemite or Pikachu? Voltorb is out cos I see that it sucks. I'm thinking maybe Electrike will do especially with Manectric.
2. Which Pokemon should I make it learn HM Rock Smash? Zigzagoon, Aron or Gulpin? I was planning on making Zigzagoon my HM slave, it has Cut learned already.

1-Electrike is a great party member. Spark or Shock Wave go great with it, and it can usually KO a Pokemon in under 2 hits. I highly reccomend it.

2-Zigzagoon can learn a few HMs, so he's pretty good but Cut is really uneeded for most of the game. If you can find a Geodude, use one, it's a fantastic HM slave. Also, you'll need flash for victory road, so you might need something that can use that.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Is it possible for pokemon that you recieve from in-game trades to be shiny if I keep soft resetting? Because in Firered, I'm trying to get every stationary pokemon (gift, legendary etc) in shiny forms.

The Red Chain

Is it possible for pokemon that you recieve from in-game trades to be shiny if I keep soft resetting? Because in Firered, I'm trying to get every stationary pokemon (gift, legendary etc) in shiny forms.

In-game trades? What do you mean?
When a person in-game trades with you?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years

In-game trades? What do you mean?
When a person in-game trades with you?
An in-game trade is when an NPC asks for a pokemon in exchange for another pokemon that is normally hard to find. For example, you can trade a Spearow for a Farfetch'd in R/B/Y/FR/LG.

The Red Chain

An in-game trade is when an NPC asks for a pokemon in exchange for another pokemon that is normally hard to find. For example, you can trade a Spearow for a Farfetch'd in R/B/Y/FR/LG.
Right. So then the answer to your question is most definitely a yes, you can soft-reset for a shiny of a "gift' Pokemon. :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
How to get to Safari Zone in Emerald?

Hey, I'm new to the forums. I looked around for a better more appropriate place in the forum to put this thread, but I couldn't find one..so here it lies until moved. I was wondering how to get to Safari Zone in Emerald. I started yesterday..I have 4 hours on the game, and I've beaten the first 3 gym leaders I believe. I have a level 29 Pokemon. At my stage, I would like to know how, and if I can go to the Safari Zone..so I can search for Pikachu. Thanks.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Between Fortree City and Lilycove city, so you'll need to be past the sixth gym at least.

Oh, and just friendly advice for obvious newbie, this thread is where these questions go. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
Thanks a lot. I will keep playing, and get to that point. I just need to be patient!

Years
I'm assuming this is where I am meant to post this question...

Each time I attempt to save my Pokemon Emerald Game, both on a GBA and DS I get the message, "Save failed. Checking the backup memory. Please wait", it just sticks at that and doesnt do anything.

The game used to work on different GBA and DS consoles but not these ones.

Please help :(

PS - I'm asking on behalf of someone, I'm unable to get screenshots.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Please, can you take pictures of the GBA game? From all sides. It may be that it's a fake. When did you/the owner get it? Also, take a picture of the packaging as well, it's another giveaway.

Does the game have the Nintendo seal of quality on it? Please describe that if you could.(A close-up would be good, so I can compare it to mine).

If your game is legit, it's beyond me. But I have my own legit copy of Emerald, complete with 99% of its' packaging (slight fading on the game), so I hope I can help you.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice you p.s. But tbh, for us to be certain it's not fake, it's best to get screenshots. So if the person you're asking on behalf of could get some, that'd be really useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back