• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2016
You said before that there was a glitch that was known to corrupt save files. Has that been resolved because I've been having issues with corrupted save files lately in some places. I've been having to resort to using save states to save in order to keep from losing my progress again.

Years
I have a request. You should tone down the twig slap attack. 20 power for a 2-5 hit STAB (same type attack boost with Bellsprout's evolutions ect.) attack is too high. Consider this: twig slap being used by a wood type Pokemon will usually hit 3 times on average, with a hefty 90 power fairly early in the game. 5 hits would land an utterly devastating 150 power! You should tone it down to about 13 or 12 power to even things out ;).

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Because that shelf a science fair experiment showcasing wave currents and the person turned it up to the max. So it would be torture for your Pokemon to surf on it even if it was small enough.

I think it's too complicated for people to understand. So I'll just remove it in the next update.

OH gawd, don't remove it! Though it is complicated, some people will get it and chuckle. I however, did not. Keep dat stuff in!

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Thanks for the new Beta Coolboyman, it's been great so far! I'm kinda stuck in the Magikarp Puzzle though.... Could anyone help me with it?

EDIT: Ah it's ok, I finally got it xD

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Just incase you don't know, there are 12 HMs programed in the game, but the last 5 aren't usable in their current state. If you want to add some HMs in to Prism like maybe Dive, you could use one of the unused HMs.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
No... really ?
OH YES !! Finally ! Yet another beta. Now this should keep me occupied for the rest of the summer.
Keep up the great work, KBM. Just like in the April Fools joke version, you talked about "bastards from PC". You're not one.
You're equal to zel. For me at least !

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Now that I stopped sucking epically and finished the beta (Note to self: Don't 10x the speed as often, otherwise you miss the road going up *shot*), I must say I'm thoroughly impressed CBM. That Magikarp puzzle had me stumped for over an hour, but it was very well made. The Shiny Ball at the end of the minigame is a nice touch too. I really enjoyed the brief return to Rijon as well, and the usage of the Haunted Forest was pretty cool (And the dream world was interesting to say the least bit).

All in all, a fantastically made hack (Not that I'm surprised to say the least bit, your reputation is well deserved), and I can't wait for you to finish a wonderful experience.

Years
@_@ :cross-eye Wow, my head is still spinning from the Magikarp puzzle. Brilliantly mind-bowing it is. What are the best video settings for VisualBoyAdvance to minimize screen flickering? Because it seems to do that a little bit, and it's a tad annoying.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2016
I was mining inside Mound Cave and I dug up a Dawn Stone. It acts as a hold item but it's description is that of the Squirt Bottle so I don't know what it does. That being said... how exactly does a Dawn Stone work in Prism?

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I finished the beta, and I have to say, Prof. Ilk's dialogue is AMAZING! Plus, I love the Shiny Ball and the Prism Stone idea, although I have no clue what the stone will do, exactly. I can't wait until I find a really rare pokemon to use the Shiny Ball on!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I finished the beta today and got to say that the tiles & ASM job are totally amazing. I never expected this hack to be so good although I had seen the videos you uploaded to Youtube.
The things that I liked the most are solo-pokemon quest, new game corner games and the dream together with Haunted Forest.

Keep making (and inventing) good stuff like that for the further releases too :)

Also,
Spoiler:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Ok so I have to say that this beta is amazing. I love the pokemon only areas (I've only been to only two, in the starting cave and in Laurel Forest). I like the new donating system more, that way I can donate Luxray's which I find south of Heath Village for 57 points which made it easy to get Riolu to me. I have a question though: What do I do after defeating Rinji? The Laurel Gym Leader says she wants her "baby" (aka Totodile) which I can't find and Laurel Forest leads to a dead end (one side there's a PC, one side there's the pokemon only area and the last side someone says BEGONE). Where is the third gym?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Ok so I have to say that this beta is amazing. I love the pokemon only areas (I've only been to only two, in the starting cave and in Laurel Forest). I like the new donating system more, that way I can donate Luxray's which I find south of Heath Village for 57 points which made it easy to get Riolu to me. I have a question though: What do I do after defeating Rinji? The Laurel Gym Leader says she wants her "baby" (aka Totodile) which I can't find and Laurel Forest leads to a dead end (one side there's a PC, one side there's the pokemon only area and the last side someone says BEGONE). Where is the third gym?

Totodile is in the Pokemon only area in Laurel, you just need to seach inside (And make sure the Pokemon you sent in has Cut =))

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I thought only 255 Pokemon existed in Gold (counting the 4 glitches)- how did you increase MAX size? Stupid me.

Also, it's time to make a playthrough.

EDIT: I'm playing it on a real console (flashcard for DS) and the game is buggy. The clock just doesn't work at all, that I'm fine, but when you enter battle- it's so buggy. And to advance in time, for some reason, I go into my Trainer Card and back- I teleport several hours ahead to some random time! Why does this happen? Gold never did it...

No, I just want a clock changer in-game. I'm playing this on my near-dead DS and Wii.

EDIT2: Forgot the most important thing- the cries are off. Noticed it with Ralts.

Last edited:

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I thought only 255 Pokemon existed in Gold (counting the 4 glitches)- how did you increase MAX size? Stupid me.

Also, it's time to make a playthrough.
I really want to make a playthrough, but I don't think 4 gyms is enough to play for youtube yet.
I know Datai is going to do Prism once there's enough to constitute a playthrough as well. Personally, I want to start on the next beta and I'm looking forward to it, all the minigames and new features will make the videos interesting, and hopefully my voice won't be annoying. :P

Back