• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Hahaha, well i got into this game by playing the free edition (though i was highly annoyed by being restricted to the Terran race), but i can see some more activity in StarCraft 2 now when this will be in the game (which will be this year, according to the producer of StarCraft).

It makes me wonder who wants to try it now with "everything" being unlocked in the Starter edition :3

Last edited:
Years
I'm might end up getting a Playstation 4 in about 6 months to a year. I don't want to jump on any bandwagons, and since I play mostly Single Player titles, I don't have to worry about a game losing it's playerbase. The one multiplayer game I'm interested (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm reborn) isn't going anywhere, I can wait.

If I get an Xbox One, it will be the same way I got a 360. 4 or 5 years down the line when it's cheaper then dirt. I'm just not impressed enough with any of it's exclusives, and Halo can only go so far these days when I have so little time. Like every other product Microsoft releases, I'm expecting problems. Maybe not RROD problems, but Microsoft pretty much pushes beta products out at full launch and then fixes the problems that people complain about. I don't trust that system.

TY

There hasnt been any game released yet for XBone and PS4 that i wanna have so i dont buy one straight away. I do want to get one of the two however, just to keep up with the current gen of gaming.

But then i also still wanna get a gaming PC, so that makes picking a console even harder as i dont have much money to spend :S

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I really need to invest in a gaming PC soon. I want to play RuneScape flawlessly and I have always wanted to play my Civilization 5 game at it's highest graphical settings.

Last edited:

TY

Well i wanna play StarCraft 2 with at least some better graphics and no lag while playing a 4v4 xD

T!M

Years
League of Legends for me-- Wait, no, never mind. I'm not that great at the game. Crap's got too complicated over there and I can't keep up with the constant Champion releases. Ech.

TY

Well LoL is nothing compared to StarCraft 2 :P
I tried it once and got bored of it so quickly, i prefer controlling armies :P

Also this happened to me...
Spoiler:

Anyone got a good name to use on SC2 now that mine is deleted forever ;-;

T!M

Years
Awwww that sucks crotch!

Uh, OneNukeOneZerg?

_____

Might I also suggest PrntScreen as opposed to taking a picture with your phone? :D

TY

Well i changed it to a old nickname i used while i played Tiberian Sun competively, and im suprised that one isnt taken as almost every other nickname was.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I just found out my PC was decent for gaming so yay! Anyone here ever tried Elsword?
But my connection still sucks ;-;

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023

TY

Well this is the main reason i dont listen to reviews, they always disagree with me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Well this is the main reason i dont listen to reviews, they always disagree with me.

I've written and read a myriad of reviews; some I agree with most I don't. I don't let them influence my opinions on games too much anymore for this reason. I mean, I can see where they'e coming from, it all seems to be economics nowadays. "The more a company pays me, the better score I will give their game." I can understand that mindset.

TY

Mainly i just watch some vids of people reviewing a game and they say it sucks, but i like it im buying it anyways because i do like it. I dont get influenced by the majority of people or reviewers.

TY

Exactly. I can remember that a game was rated really bad yet i loved that game so much.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Saying reviews don't matter is, to be frank, pretty ignorant.

Yes, reviewers do bribe, but this is only the case for typical AAA games where scores will end up predictable anyway. On the other hand, on pretty much every other game, reviews are a good reference. People go by impressions of other players yet for some reason they treat reviewers like crap and call them ignorant because they scored a game they THINK they'll like below their expectations. It is entirely possible to like a game that is a critical failure (I mean, if you actually like Sonic 06, then all power to you), but normally people would acknowledge their flaws. Similarly, it is entirely possible to dislike a game that is so universally loved. Platforming is my favorite genre, yet I don't like Yoshi's Island (which is often considered one of the best if not the best platformer) for several reasons, but I acknowledge why it's great.

Looking up reviews for a game you're on the edge about or when you don't have much money is a great way to make a decision, because most of the times, they are right. This is a case that is very common, which is why reviews really do matter in the end. If you're dead set on buying a game, I can't really see reviews to be of use. (Unless it scored far below your expectations.) )I can't think of a game (that isn't AAA) where I truly disagree with the metacritic score. It's normal and fine to disagree with reviews, as they are opinions after all. (and there's always that odd one out that scores a game much higher or lower than everyone else.) It's dismissing them completely is what I don't get. And I barely ever read reviews.

There's also those annoying fans who complain about their favorite game not getting 10/10s despite getting a 9 or 8. (Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 2, etc.) How childish can you get?

EDIT: Obviously you shouldn't let your opinion be influenced by reviews. Like I said, they're mostly references.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back