• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
The map hack probably took you a while to implement. Other people would probably skip that part and combine the two regions and call it Tohjo :D If I was at your house, I'd give you a high five and then we'd celebrate!

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
No work on either of them.
Also, just to clarify, the intro video itself will not be changed, only the sprites and the music for it will be.
At least the music is gonna be different. That's good. I forgot to report some oddities from my last play-through.
1. The dude that shows you how to catch a Pokemon killed the wild Pokemon with his Rattata.
2. The color of the houses is different.

Attachments

• Pokemon Crystal Dust_03.png
    Pokemon Crystal Dust_03.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Pokemon Crystal Dust_04.png
    Pokemon Crystal Dust_04.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 53

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
At least the music is gonna be different. That's good. I forgot to report some oddities from my last play-through.
1. The dude that shows you how to catch a Pokemon killed the wild Pokemon with his Rattata.
2. The color of the houses is different.
That's an old version, both of those are fixed now.

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
Ok, so first of all I LOVE this hack. I played it the first day you released it and fell in love. Unfortunately that was way back in like February. So in short I have been waiting a REALLY long time lol. I posted before and I'm not sure if you remember cause it was a while ago but anyway I really hope you make this into a full game like Brown did. Don't give up like most hackers do. They make something decent then make it half a game and I feel jipped. Pokemon Prism Anyone? Ya well anyway keep working on it and I am rooting for you. I would help you out but I'm on a mac and well most map editors and scripting programs don't work. GOOD LUCK and most importantly have fun with this. Crystal was my favorite game too. Oh and can you make the trade evolutions into level evolutions at level 40? at least most of them. Or level evolutions with the respective items. That would be sweet cause I've always wanted to use gengar and Machamp. You could also have it so that there are people in the game that you can trade pokemon with that will give you like a haunter, machoke, Kadabra and then they will evolve into the respective pokemon. Wow I rambled, anyway hope to see this finished soon

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Hey Diego, nice work, I'm currently working on the other Red Gyarados OW Sprites, I will upload them later this month ;)

Sierraffinity

Years
Ok, so first of all I LOVE this hack. Thanks. I played it the first day you released it and fell in love. Unfortunately that was way back in like February. Try "end of summer last year". ;) So in short I have been waiting a REALLY long time lol. I posted before and I'm not sure if you remember cause it was a while ago but anyway I really hope you make this into a full game like Brown did. Of course I am. :D Don't give up like most hackers do. Of course I am not. :D They make something decent then make it half a game and I feel jipped. Pokemon Prism Anyone? That's still being worked on... Ya well anyway keep working on it and I am rooting for you. I would help you out but I'm on a mac and well most map editors and scripting programs don't work. Okay then, thanks anyways. GOOD LUCK and most importantly have fun with this. Crystal was my favorite game too. Oh and can you make the trade evolutions into level evolutions at level 40? at least most of them. I have to think about what I'll do with those. Or level evolutions with the respective items. That would be sweet cause I've always wanted to use gengar and Machamp. You could also have it so that there are people in the game that you can trade pokemon with that will give you like a haunter, machoke, Kadabra and then they will evolve into the respective pokemon. Wow I rambled, anyway hope to see this finished soon
Responses in bold.
Hey Diego, nice work, I'm currently working on the other Red Gyarados OW Sprites, I will upload them later this month ;)
All right, thanks, but I don't see them yet...? :P

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Sry, iego, got a little bit caught in the Mass Effect Universe last month. :P
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL... of Paint xD

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Well, it's just a quick update, but I've completed everything up to the Battle Tower and Route 40, including... Headbutt trees!

There wasn't enough room to store all of the Forest types on each Forest map, though, so they were split onto each map group. Don't freak out because you can't catch Hoothoot in Azalea Town. ;)

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Well, it's just a quick update, but I've completed everything up to the Battle Tower and Route 40, including... Headbutt trees!

There wasn't enough room to store all of the Forest types on each Forest map, though, so they were split onto each map group. Don't freak out because you can't catch Hoothoot in Azalea Town. ;)
So you have the basic map done and now you're just adding events? Route 40 is my favorite sea route. Maybe after you complete the game you can add dive loactions to get cool items and stuff ;)

Sierraffinity

Years
So you have the basic map done and now you're just adding events? Route 40 is my favorite sea route. Maybe after you complete the game you can add dive loactions to get cool items and stuff ;)
Route 40 is the boring route in between Olivine and Route 41 (which has the Whirl Islands) so maybe you meant Route 41?

Anyways, Route 41 is now also completed. Cianwood City is up next!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Keep up the great work bro. I definitely see this hack becoming the best GSC remake out there. :) If you ever need a beta tester or just help with graphics, I'm your guy ;).

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Hey Zeikku maybe you could take a look at my Red Gyarados OW for CrystalDust, it's in this thread, and give me your opinion on it.Ideas for improvements are always welcome ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
I've finished the beta and it was the best remake i have played yet. I love how it resembles Crystal so much. Can't wait for the next beta.

Back