• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
As I said before I think it'll be a good idea to let Pokémon that evolve by stone evolve again, I mean no Pokémon that evolved by trade could evolve again until Porygon 2 could in gen 4, they can always break the "tradition" of stone evolutions not evolving further.

I see Phione as a legend too but it's official classification is still blurry...
Either way I want an evolution for Tropius that's Grass/Dragon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As I said before I think it'll be a good idea to let Pokémon that evolve by stone evolve again, I mean no Pokémon that evolved by trade could evolve again until Porygon 2 could in gen 4, they can always break the "tradition" of stone evolutions not evolving further.

I see Phione as a legend too but it's official classification is still blurry...
Either way I want an evolution for Tropius that's Grass/Dragon.

Most Trade evolving Pokemon are Stage 1 to Stage 2's. Only Stage 1 Evolutions that still exist today that haven't evolved are Scizor, Steelix, Slowking (alternate evo), Huntail, Gorebyss, Milotic (Gen 5+), Escavalier, and Accelgor.

Now while Porygon can still evolve again once after being traded, it has to be traded again to evolve. Both with items. So taking that into consideration, only Scizor, Steelix, Slowking, Huntail, Gorebyss, and Milotic should be able to evolve again but only through trade since Porygon is making the rules on such evolutions.

You can even go as far as to argue that Porygon's evolutions are highly artificial as they are program upgrades. Which I know some people usually do argue this.

As far as stones go, there have been Stage 1 Stone evolvers since Generation 1 that have never been shown to have been considered for evolution. Even if they did the new evolution would have absolutly no new moves. The only point to evolving them would be for updated stats.

Arcanine, Ninetales, Simisear, Cloyster, Starmie, Simipour, Eseggutor, Simisage, Delcatty, Musharna, Whimseecot, Lilligant, Roserade, Cinccino, and Mismagius would not benefit in any way other than stat boost with evolutions. They don't learn a great deal of attacks when they evolve, I believe then most they learn that isn't a [Start] Move is 3 or 4 new attacks.

Pokemon like Honchcrow, Froslass, Sunflora are different since they retain a fairly larger level up list, Honchcrow being the least diverse with 6 new moves to its level list. Sunflora's is just a slightly altered version of Sunkern's attack list and Froslass keeping a healthly attack list it to put her on par with Glalie as an evolution. Course Glalie would have to evolve as well in a most likely case.

Still 5 generations, 4 chances to evolve past where they were, not one was ever touched. Only Trade evolution rules seemed to have changed in an argumentativeness way. While stone evolutions have remained true to their original sets through out the generations. (Eevee evolutions not listed cause there is a very very VERY small chance that they will ever evolve again.)

I do see alternate evolutions as a possibility for those that don't already have them for all those that evolve by stone since that seems to be a popular trend with a lot of the stone evolvers.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
While it doesn't help, they DO share 1 egg group. Alomomola is in Water 1 and Water 2 while Luvdisc is just in Water 2. Even still, with that I don't think there is any Evolution that is in an egg group that the Pre-evo isn't.

Pokemon has broken tradition before. Who says they won't do it again. Black and White 2 were a big statement to that.

Years
Actually it's 2 chances as they decided to skip out on evolutions in gen 3, and all evolutional links with past pokemon in generation 5... since this is another even gen it'll be a good chance imo to do so. Besides, maybe they'll fix their movesets so that they'll learn new moves even after their first stone evolution...after all movesets tend to change every gen so it wouldn't be that radical, a few powerful moves would be good...
Now that Porygon is brought up again, I can't help but feel that it should get a "legal/real" update as the Dubious disc was made by Team Rocket (implied in some cases) and seems to be mostly malicious data that makes it go haywire. Perhaps turn it into either Normal/Electric or Normal/Psychic...or maybe even Psychic/Electric...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokemon has broken tradition before. Who says they won't do it again. Black and White 2 were a big statement to that.

Gamefreak already stated that no Gen 5 Pokemon is related to any Past Pokemon. Its not that they can break tradition, they've already come out at the beginning when they said there would be a region with nothing but new Pokemon. Alomomola and Luvdisc will never be related, Neither will Tauros/Miltank and Bouffalant, Emolga and Pachirisu, or Cacnea/Cacturne and Maractus.

Actually it's 2 chances as they decided to skip out on evolutions in gen 3, and all evolutional links with past pokemon in generation 5... since this is another even gen it'll be a good chance imo to do so. Besides, maybe they'll fix their movesets so that they'll learn new moves even after their first stone evolution...after all movesets tend to change every gen so it wouldn't be that radical, a few powerful moves would be good...
Now that Porygon is brought up again, I can't help but feel that it should get a "legal/real" update as the Dubious disc was made by Team Rocket (implied in some cases) and seems to be mostly malicious data that makes it go haywire. Perhaps turn it into either Normal/Electric or Normal/Psychic...or maybe even Psychic/Electric...

No they had 4 chances from Gen 1. They could have done it in Gens 2, 3, 4 or 5. They didn't do it in any of them. Just because they didn't update them in a Gen doesn't mean the chance to do so wasn't there. The chance was passed up for other better ideas and they simply did not do it for 4 generations.

They never "fixed" the attack lists before either. They always had small level up lists, so it wasn't something broken therefore nothing needs to be fixed. Stone evolver's move sets haven't changed more than a quick switch out like every other Pokemon or an addition to the previous form's level or egg list only. TMs and Move Tutors tend to change from game set to game set so you can't even count them as they aren't set in stone to begin with. There is little to no chance that they'd change this up since the reset kept them as they were and introduced more stone evolving Pokemon with the same restrictions.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Personally, I don't see any Pokémon who use the method of stone evolution to get another evolution after that. They've had four chances to do it after Gen I, and not once did they take it. I think seeing more alternative evolutions or even another form for some would be more likely.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Never say never, there's always a possibility...
Either way they should at least evolve those who still have decent movesets after stone evolution...

No, there isn't always the possibility without ruining systems or creating broken (good)/useless Pokemon. Also never really is a possibility of them going past 3 stages in an evolutionary line or never really a possibility of Legends being able to evolve. There are many "nevers" even in the Pokemon world that exist to maintain a certain status quo.

As for the three with 6+ Level moves...really Sunflora is the only one I'd like to see only because of how mediocre it is. Its already a few steps above its evolution but still can have potential. Honchcrow or Froslass evolving...well, that's kinda overkill. I'd see either pulling a Scizor and having the same base stats, though unless both change type which isn't very likely, they'd be the same thing with altered stats which is pretty much a waste. Not to mention Glalie would kinda have to evolve to keep his part of the line on the same level as Froslass'.

I think and I'd prefer if they stick with what they already have set and not touch Stone evolutions since they are already pretty much "final" evolutions.

Yes quoted because they aren't final unless stage 2, but the way they are usually set up seems like end of the line for that chain.

Years
Sunflora's the one I want to see an evolution of the most out of all the stones. Grass/Fire... So if I were given only one choice out of the stone evolutions it'll be that one...I'll be fine if there weren't any more after that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Don't know if Fossil pokemons will get a second evolution, Only exception is Aerodactyl that have none. But I guess they will get no evo since they are supposed to be pokemon from the past that stopped evolving, but I could be wrong, it could end up a bit like Mamoswine.

Years
That's how I've seen it...I'll be happy if old fossil Pokémon did get evolutions, or even if this generation's fossil Pokémon were part of a three stage line...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't see a reason why stone pokemon can't evolve in the future. At the very least there isn't anything (beyond pure speculation) that suggests they won't ever evolve.

Even if they haven't done it so far, things do change. Perceptions and opinions change over time. What looks like a terrible idea today could seem like a great one a few years from now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's how I've seen it...I'll be happy if old fossil Pokémon did get evolutions, or even if this generation's fossil Pokémon were part of a three stage line...

I could see them adding three stage lines to a few past fossils. I mean, Rock-types can have it, so why not actual fossils!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I could see them adding three stage lines to a few past fossils. I mean, Rock-types can have it, so why not actual fossils!

Fossil Pokemon not receiving evolutions has also become a pattern/tradition; they had their chance after Gen 1, but it never happened since then.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Fossil Pokemon not receiving evolutions has also become a pattern/tradition; they had their chance after Gen 1, but it never happened since then.

Well some pokemons in gen 1 waited until gen 4 before getting an evolution, Magneton, Magma, Electabuzz and Rhydon. You had porygon but he got Porygon2 before in another gen.

Years
If another generation 1 Pokémon evolves it'll break the record for the biggest distance between evolutionary relatives in the post regional dex (aka National dex, however I really think they should change the name to international...or at least interregional). It'll be interesting to see a Jynx evolution...maybe the new Pokémon is a Jynx evolution ;)

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
on the luvdisk alomomola topic, what if there is a evolution in between them. like luvdisk is in its first stage then evolves into ..... then that evolves into alomomola

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
on the luvdisk alomomola topic, what if there is a evolution in between them. like luvdisk is in its first stage then evolves into ..... then that evolves into alomomola

Wouldn't change anything and isn't possible. Alomomola isn't related to Luvdisc. They won't make an in between evolution for them.

Years
Can we get past the Luvdisc and Alomomola topic? It's gotten old... besides their one egg group different discounts them as being related by evolution...

Years

While I don't see them adding evolutions to previous fossil lines, (although I do really want one for Aerodactly, which wont happen :x) I do hope the fossil pokemon this gen, turn out to be 3 stage ones. That'd be pretty cool if they turned into like massive dinosaurs or something.

Back