• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Honedge
Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!

Thats the description and the name.Well not something special as a name dont you agree?And the descrition reminds me of chandelure.And it can learn Sword Dance indeed!

Years
I have to admit, that I find its story interesting. I judged it so quickly. It's design is unique. Come on! Gen VI has some amazing Pokemon!!! SO excited!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I just noticed bulbapedia is calling the pokemon Honedge, has he been released on the main website?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I get where the "edge" in "Honedge" comes from but what about the "Hon" part? Maybe "hone?" And a sword that actually gets Swords Dance? That's "Swords Dance" in the literal sense, huh?

Edit: @Saberwulf: Yes, it's called "Honedge" in the official X/Y site too.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I get where the "edge" in "Honedge" comes from but what about the "Hon" part? Maybe "hone?" And a sword that actually gets Swords Dance? That's "Swords Dance" in the literal sense, huh?

Edit: @Saberwulf: Yes, it's called "Honedge" in the official X/Y site too.

Yeah I was thinking Hone-edge too.

I don't think the name is that complex. Although it could come from Honor/Honour/Honourable too.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yup it's been confirmed , it's English name is Honedge. I'm think it's name is hone+edge. Hone being to sharpen something with a whitestone, usually metal and usually a blade like a sword. And edge meaing the edge of the sword. I like it. It sounds pretty cool.
And here's some high-res art.

Spoiler:

And it knows Swords Dance...
july_sword_2.jpg

A sword Pokemon using Swords Dance is hilarious. XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I hate everything about this one... and I can see it being OU to the fullest already...

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Well the video on Pokemon's youtube channel showed us at least how it looks like without the ''case'' on.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!

Woooow, so creepy! I love it even more! That's another thing I love about Ghost-types....you can bet they'll have some creepy lore behind them!

Isn't that so interesting though? That in the Pokemon World, humans can become Pokemon after they die!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Since when The official site updates at 6:00 AM? :/

Its 6 AM for you but it may be 8 AM for them. Most big businesses open around 6 or 7 in the morning for prep work. I don't remember where the office is but, ya, timezones.

Love Honedge already. Praying its a single stage just cause I don't think we have many left and its type and possible ability match-up make it a beast on their own. I really can't recall any single stage ghosts other than Spiritomb and Sableye. Hopin Honedge is like the new Spiritomb.

With the possibility of it having Levitate its pulling a Bronzor/zong and having only one weakness. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it some other ability to either rid the weaknesses or capitalize on its attack stat. x_x. So much potential.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I hope he's not the new Spiritomb mainly because Spiritomb was a pain in the ass to get a hold of during the 4th gen.

Personally I could see him evolving once, probably not twice though.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I thought it was a key item at first.

I'm guessing the new ghost Pokemon trend is departed ghosts entering inanimate objects.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I like it but it just doesn't feel...ghosty in its design. I feel like a spectral hand should be wielding it or something idk. Its like if Yamask/Spiritomb/Cofagrigus were only the objects they were possessing. I still love it, though. It looked great in-game.

I cant imagine what its ability will be. Maybe since its a sword it will get a quick draw ability giving it priority on all attacks on its first turn? Or maybe a boost in defense if it doesn't attack and sheathes itself? So many possibilties for a unique ability!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I hope he's not the new Spiritomb mainly because Spiritomb was a pain in the ass to get a hold of during the 4th gen.

Personally I could see him evolving once, probably not twice though.

I meant in stat and usage. When Spiritomb was used he was all over.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Sometimes I am a little bemused with the fan reaction to things, haha. I'm glad so many people have taken to this Pokemon, but I honestly thought I would come to Pokecommunity and find pages upon pages of hatred for it. I don't know. I thought, in particular, the unsheathed version would draw the ire of all the new-generation haters... but I guess not? Then again, I have never been able to understand why people dislike the Vanillite or Trubbish family. Both are adorable! And we've had inanimate objects as Pokemon since Generation I, too, so you'd think people would be used to the concept by now...

I love Honedge! I'll echo what others said in that I want to use it on my team, the typing is unique to the Pokemon franchise and it looks like a marvelous Pokemon. I prefer the sheathed version. I wouldn't mind if it received further evolutions, but I do find it curious that so many people think it'll evolve. It looks like a one-stager to me. But either way, I'm happy with it.
If a Ghost/Steel-type Gym Leader faced you in a double battle, with this Pokemon and a shield-like Pokemon, that'd be neat, wouldn't it?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I don't really have a problem with the mon's concept, because frankly you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to pokémon concepts. I'm not a huge fan of the design though, especially the whole unsheathing thing. It just looks bizarre holding its sheath, and the sword itself looks a tad basic. But I guess the unsheathing at the start of the battle could look nice?

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
i have a feeling that this poke will be another good trick room ally, i think this cause most steel typ have fairly low base speed stats and also i think it may have pretty good def stat, as its other steel brethen and if this poke can evole it may make a good evolite user

Back