• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-OU Bulky Offense Team

Dragon_Reborn

Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 36
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
This is my first attempt at a 5th gen bulky offense team.This is the current team I am constructing.Any changes/comments are welcome.Thanks in advance.

Team Glance
260.gif
534.gif
579.gif
635.gif
212.gif
130.gif

Swampert@Leftovers
Ability:Torrent
Nature:Relaxed
EV's:240 HP/216 Def/52 SpD
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Scald

Swampert is my lead pokemon.Swampert's main purpose is to set up Stealth Rock.STAB Earthquake will heavily damage anyone that is not resistant to it.Ice Beam will help with the common dragon threats in 5th gen.Scald is great for the 30% chance to burn to slow down some sweepers.Swampert can also abosorb electric attacks for Gyarados.

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
Ability:Guts
Nature:Adamant
EV's:252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Payback

Standard Bulk Up Conkeldurr.Bulk Up makes Conkeldurr a much bulkier and dealier sweeper.Drain Punch is a reliable recovery move to tank and damage things.Mach Punch allows to revenge kill things such as Excadrill and Lucario.Payback will allow my Conkeldurr to hit ghost types such as Jellicent,Gengar,etc.Conkeldurr can also be used to absorb status moves which he strongly benefits from.

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Ability:Magic Guard
Nature:Bold
EV's:252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Standard Calm Mind sweeper.Calm Mind makes Reuniclus a more effective sweeper and harder to take down.Psyshock will help against other Calm Minders,but might have a problem with Conkeldurr after a couple of Bulk Up's.Focus Blast helps counter Hydreigon that might wall it.Recover is a reliable recovery move.

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Modest
EV's:252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Surf

Standard bulky Hydreigon.Draco Meteor will dominate anything that is not a steel type.Fire Blast will help dominate any steel type that may come in to absorb Draco Metoer's and open a path to sweep away.Dark Pulse gives me a reliable way to take out psychic and ghost types.Surf will help shut down Heatran.

Scizor@Leftovers
Ability:Technician
EV's:240 HP/16 Atk/252 SpD
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Roost

Standard bulky Swords Dance Scizor.Swords Dance will make Scizor a huge threat even with Technican added to that.Bug Bite will help KO pokemon such as Latios,Latias,and Reuniclus when Swords Danced up+Technician.Bullet Punch will allow it to revenge kill.Roost makes a reliable recovery move.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
EV's:156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spe
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Taunt

Standard bulky Gyarados.Dragon Dance will help Gyarados outspeed some pokemon and deal more damage.Waterfall is a reliable physical STAB move.Stone Edge will help against flying pokemon such as Zapdos.Taunt will help shut down stall teams and status inflictors.

I thought about maybe replacing Swampert for something like Metagross or Ferrothorn.Any thoughts?

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
I feel bad about just leaving this thread to die so... here's a quick rate.

Hydreigon would like Focus Blast over Surf. It hits mostly the same things like Tyranitar and Heatran but stronger. You don't have to worry about Ground types much since a Draco Meteor should decimate most of them (it actually does more than super effective Surf)! It would also appreciate a Timid nature to outspeed threats like Haxorus and non-Jolly Salamence after one DD and Scrafty after 2 DDes. Make sure to keep this one alive though, since it looks like NP Celebi can be a problem otherwise.

Psychic is always the better choice on Reuniclus. Being walled by Gliscor at even at +2 is not fun. Blissey and Chansey are beaten by defense drops by Psychic and Focus Blast.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I feel bad about just leaving this thread to die so... here's a quick rate.

Hydreigon would like Focus Blast over Surf. It hits mostly the same things like Tyranitar and Heatran but stronger. You don't have to worry about Ground types much since a Draco Meteor should decimate most of them (it actually does more than super effective Surf)! It would also appreciate a Timid nature to outspeed threats like Haxorus and non-Jolly Salamence after one DD and Scrafty after 2 DDes. Make sure to keep this one alive though, since it looks like NP Celebi can be a problem otherwise.

Psychic is always the better choice on Reuniclus. Being walled by Gliscor at even at +2 is not fun. Blissey and Chansey are beaten by defense drops by Psychic and Focus Blast.

First I'd like to back up what flamehaze said. Secondly your team looks a little troubled by Rotom-W, particularly when in Rain and/or paired with a Steel-type like SpD Jirachi. Your only -really- reliable switch is Hydreigon, but that's consistently being worn down by SR + being choiced + being your reliable switch-in for other things like NP Celebi, etc. Rotom-W can easily wear down Hydreigon with Volt Switch and then honestly just make the rest of your team into mincemeat. Swampert can do nothing except catch a random Scald burn on it; Reuniclus gets mauled by a rain-boosted Hydro Pump unless it nabs a few CMs, something that won't happen unless you get a little lucky with hax or have Reuniclus out first (and even then a decent player hopefully has a better CM Reuniclus check than Rotom-W); I'm pretty sure Conkeldurr gets at the very least 2HKO'd by Hydro Pump; Scizor does puny damage with minimal attack investment (I really dunno why people use SD SpDef Scizor in the first place) and gets burned/washed away etc; and Gyarados handily loses - I'm pretty sure a +1 LO Stone Edge, its best option vs Rotom-W, only 3HKOs the standard set. So basically, you probably should be investing in an alternate Rotom-W check.

You have a lot of options, fortunately. The best Rotom-W checks are probably Gastrodon and bulky Grasses with Natural Cure (ie Shaymin and Celebi). Gastrodon is immune to Water & Electric (and gets a SpA boost from coming in on Hydro Pump), so the best Rotom-W can do to it is Will-O-Wisp it but Gastrodon has Recover anyway. Shaymin and Celebi don't really have to worry about either of its attacks and can Leech Seed the switch or Nasty Plot in Celebi's case, etc. I'm not sure exactly who you should/would replace but this team definitely needs a tighter defense against Rotom-W, who is also jumping up the later because people have finally started to realize it's damn good. ;-;

Back