• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Objection! ~ The Ace Attorney Fan Club

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
What is the most surprising thing you've encountered while playing the games?

i know this sounds cliche, but:
Spoiler:

Years
If an ace attorney roleplay was created, (details being worked out,) who here would join?
I'm afraid I don't really have the creative writing chops, nor any rp experience... So I wouldn't be able to effectively participate, probably.

Since no one seems to be expressing interest to your idea here in the club so far, perhaps you might try pitching the idea over in the Roleplay chit-chat thread over in the Roleplay Corner to see if it garners any interest? Surely somebody's bound to be interested, right? I always thought visual novels like Ace Attorney were popular with peeps who like to rp.

Of course, be sure to review the Rules and Resources thread if you haven't already before diving into roleplay shenanigans! I wish ya the best of luck~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
What's your most surprising moment you encountered while playing the games?

Aahaha, in a brief nutshell What happened with this guy:

fulbright_200.jpg

Spoiler:

Bay

Years
If an ace attorney roleplay was created, (details being worked out,) who here would join?
I haven't visited much of this site's RP section nor not sure how many non-Pokemon roleplaying games there are, but as Lisia said wouldn't hurt to try! Otherwise, if you google some Ace Attorney fan sites/forums there might be an RP section. If you're okay with roleplaying outside of forums, many people roleplay at Tumblr these days!

As for me, I don't roleplay much as I'm not too good writing on the spot (I tend to like to write on my own pace otherwise I would burn out). I wish you luck, though!

What's your most surprising moment you encountered while playing the games?

Aahaha, in a brief nutshell What happened with this guy:

fulbright_200.jpg

Spoiler:

I recently got to DD's ending a couple days ago and indeed I agree!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I still don't understand what happened at the end of Dual Destinies haha. I mean iirc, it was a pretty climactic ending, it just didn't make any sense.

Bay

Years
I still don't understand what happened at the end of Dual Destinies haha. I mean iirc, it was a pretty climactic ending, it just didn't make any sense.

Spoiler:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Spoiler:

Years
Oh my god. I love you. Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series of all times. So I'm definitely joining this.

Username: Rising_Dawn
Favorite Character: Miles Edgeworth (could the icon be from the original trilogy?)
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: Ace Attorney, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations, and Investigations.

Years
Oh my god. I love you. Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series of all times. So I'm definitely joining this.

Username: Rising_Dawn
Favorite Character: Miles Edgeworth (could the icon be from the original trilogy?)
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: Ace Attorney, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations, and Investigations.
Welcome to the club!
I'm happy to know people appreciate the creation of this fan club. It's great to have a place where fans of the series can chit-chat about anything and everything Ace Attorney. {:3}

Years
Apologies for the double post, but I figured it was time for a new topic.

Is there anything you'd change about the game or story?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

I would give Apollo more development and screen time in the Apollo Justice Ace Attorney game; he seemed to be always overshadowed by Phoenix, or heck, even Kristoph Gavin & Trucy. D:

Years

I would give Apollo more development and screen time in the Apollo Justice Ace Attorney game; he seemed to be always overshadowed by Phoenix, or heck, even Kristoph Gavin & Trucy. D:
Ah you're right... Polly got some development in Dual Destinies... but I forget details about him in his own game save for...
Spoiler:

I really need to replay his game. It's been a while.

Since Phoenix became a lawyer again in Dual Destinies... it made me think about the future of other characters. It made me a little sad that Ema couldn't become a forensic scientist like she wanted. She wasn't satisfied with her job as a detective in Apollo Justice... I hope that in the years after she was eventually able to get the job she wanted and studied for. ;w;

Bay

Years
Having just finished Dual Destinies recently, I love the game but there are a few things I would like to see more.

Spoiler:

And one for the original trilogy.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Does adding more cases count as changing? :P
I suppose if I where to change something about the games, I'd change up JFA a little bit. For some odd reason I didn't enjoy the game as much as I liked the other games, although I'm unfortunately not able to exactly point out, what it is that threw me of.
I'd probably change the final confrontation of Investigations 2 as well, because I didn't really like that part as much as I liked most of the other ones. Although that could be partly because of the fan translation...

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
so i think i've missed a topic, no? it's just cause i didn't really have anything to add to the other replies ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ it's hard to pinpoint a moment that really surprised me as it's been so long since i've played most of the games. so now that all the cases make sense in my head i don't remember what specifically did and didn't surprise me, haha.

hm. i liked the games very much as they were, but i suppose at certain points some more development would've been nice. firstly i agree with all additions Bay Alexison mentioned in his last comment, except maybe the 3D investigations. i just don't think they would add a lot, to be honest.
EDIT: i thought with 3D investigation you just meant the looking at evidence from all angles like you had to do in Rise from the Ashes all the time. i do like the other 'scientific minigames', like with the luminol and fingerprint analysis.

i wanted to say, we should add some of Apollo's backstory too, since all we know about him really is about his mother and halfsister - but maybe there were more details that i've simply forgotten about.
AJAA and PWAA:DD are the only games i haven't played more than once, so that probably plays a part as well, hehe.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
EDIT: i thought with 3D investigation you just meant the looking at evidence from all angles like you had to do in Rise from the Ashes all the time. i do like the other 'scientific minigames', like with the luminol and fingerprint analysis.

Yeah I was talking more about when you can investigate items like in Rise from the Ashes and I called them scientific investigations because that's what Ema called them haha. Sorry if my wording isn't clear as I'm trying to differentiate between the required investigations before a trial and investigating an item really up close.

You're right it probably won't add much in Dual Destinies but with the 3DS I thought the graphics for the scientific investigations would look neat (I thought the items you investigate in the Trilogy version is a bit blocky, but then again the original games are several years old). You also reminded me the luminol and fingerprint analysis could be cool in 3DS!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm good with the stories, but was a little upset in Dual Destinies that we weren't allowed to freely examine every crime scene like we used to. They really streamlined the investigations, where only select scenes were examinable, and that wasn't as fun for me. I know the main point is to pick up clues, but I liked examining random things like ladders and 'Charley', and reading the silly, pointless dialogue that followed sometimes. :P

Back