• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I'm down for an all-German finals instead of el Clasico.

Lewandowski was really, really good. He was my man of the match, but let's not overlook Gündoğan. He has some chops.

So, what's the deal? Is Lewandowski leaving for Bayern next season?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I might start watching the Bundesliga soon, been an admirer of German football (the national team at least) for quite a long time already.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
lol @ 'arry talking about how QPR can't break the bank this summer. I feel sorry for the fans but if Villa go down with them this season would have been worth it.

Years
Still bitter about a certain Mr Lambert are we? :P

I'd be surprised if Redknapp even stuck around for next season, he doesn't strike me as someone who would bother with the Championship.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
If Redknapp does leave (which I see happening tbh) I'm not sure where he would go. I don't see him managing anywhere else other than the Premier League, and if Newcastle hadn't stupidly gave Padrew a 10 year contract I would of said he would of went there, if Newcastle don't get relegated that is.

Rumours say that Robben is leaving Bayern because he doesn't fit in Guardiola's system. Where would he go? I would of said Chelsea but we have too many attacking players right now, and Mata, Hazard and Oscar are doing fine.

Years
Yeah Robben hasn't played much this season anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Manchester City made a move, but I don't see him going anywhere else except maybe Italy. Either way at 29 his career will probably go downhill from now on.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Going into the yoof cup final second leg with a 1 - 0 lead. Well played lads.

Blunderland. Or maybe Villa became Real Madrid whilst I looked away for a few weeks.

Years
Today is a rematch of Borrusia vs Real. BVB really curbstomped Real in the latest match. Lewandowski has shown a true masterpiece. I really like Real, but I don't think this rematch will help them to get to finals, I think we will have the German final.

Years
Good effort towards the end from Madrid, but they were really uninspiring for the first eighty minutes.

Bayern should complete the German final matchup tomorrow hopefully.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
That'll be because Norwich haven't been scoring goals.

We've actually been hugely reliant on Seb Bassong. without him it would be us going down with QPR and Reading.

Years
Everything is set to a 100% German final.

This Monday, Benfica grabbed an important win in Madeira. Now we have 3 games left and 4 points of advantage to Porto. We can already smell the 33 rd league title :3

In Europa League we're also headed for a place in a final!

Years
Everything is set to a 100% German final.

This Monday, Benfica grabbed an important win in Madeira. Now we have 3 games left and 4 points of advantage to Porto. We can already smell the 33 rd league title :3

In Europa League we're also headed for a place in a final!

I wouldn't count your chickens yet, you are 1-0 down after the first leg. But either way, it looks like a very productive season for Benfica which is more than I can say for my team. :P

Mourinho is potentially on his way back to Chelsea, I'm looking forward to it if it occurs.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I was scared Madrid would do it for a few minutes. It was terrible. But alas, it was too late. It could have been very different if they had scored earlier- couldn't believe how Ozil's shot went just wide, it was almost harder than getting it in.

Eitehr way, I hope whoever wins today (which is likely to be Bayern) ends up winning the cup.

Years
Bayern is really pumped up right now. I really want Borussia to win this, but seeing Bayern like this really makes me doubt about this. Real at least got 2 goals in rematch, Barca was completely destroyed in twomatch.

Ivysaur

Years
I only know this is going to be the first final in years I will sit down and watch knowing that, whoever wins, I'll be happy for them because they'll certainly have deserved it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Pretty dominant performance from Bayern, and Dortmund's effort at home wasn't half bad either. =p Should be interesting to watch. Kinda going for Dortmund if only because of Lewandowski. (His four goal haul made the polish press go crazy, I can tell you that much...)

Meanwhile the team I support in Australia (Central Coast Mariners) got into the round of 16 for the Asian champions league. Which all things considered is pretty amazing - they won the league's cup only last week and two days later snatched a win in Korea - ie jumped on a plane for 14 hours, landed at the end of the day, the next day played another match, which was enough given the Japanese team we played this week unsurprisingly smashed us.

This was a team on the verge of financial collapse only a few months back and is in the smallest region compared to every other major Australian club team. Not bad at all. =)

Years
I forgot all about the Bayern second leg until this morning when I woke up to see 7-0 on aggregate. It's brilliant to see Barca's reign potentially end.

I have no real preference on which team I want to win the final and I like both sides. I guess Dortmund would be nicer as they have a lot of homegrown players or those they signed for a modest fee (including some deals that have left their club such as Barrios & Kagawa). They also might not get to the final again for a while.

It seems like everyone who posts in this thread is enjoying some form of success for their home team except me lately.

Ivysaur

Years
It seems like everyone who posts in this thread is enjoying some form of success for their home team except me lately.

Put an asterisk on me, we are third in the league but we still need 5 more points to guarantee that direct CL spot, and we haven't beaten Madrid for 14 years so you can guess how I feel about the Madrid - Atlético Cup final at the Bernabéu...

Years
Benfica proved it's much better than Fenerbahçe and we are back to an european final, 23 years later. Chelsea is a great team but we want to get some revenge from last year :3

In my opinion, this will be the most prestigious Europa League final we have had so far.

Last edited:
Back