• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rainbow Rush

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
More of a fun deck that I've been messing with. Not a joke deck by any means, as goofy as it may seem.

Pokemon:

3 Darkrai EX
3 Ho-Oh EX
2 Tornadus EX
1 Mewtwo EX
2 Terrakion

T/S/Su:

4 Juniper
3 N
2 Bianca

3 Random Receiver
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Energy Switch
3 Dark Patch
3 Pluspower
3 Eviolite
4 Ultra Ball
1 Max Potion

Energy:

4 DCE
6 Darkness
3 Fighting
1 Fire/Water/Grass/Psychic/Metal/Lightning Energy
1 Fire/Water/Grass/Psychic/Metal/Lightning Energy(different than above)

Strategy: Use the general bulkiness of EX pokemon to your advantage. Use Ho-Oh as energy acceleration and force your opponent to waste resources.Discard Ho-Oh EX's ASAP, and discard the proper energies so it can revive with enough power to KO support pokemon. It sounds bad in theory, but in practice it's pretty good. In conjunction with Energy Switch it can allow you to blindside your opponent.

Any thoughts?

Years
I feel this deck needs more means to get Ho-oh EX into the discard pile than just Juniper, so you have a higher chance each turn of getting one up. Also, Garbotoxin is a worst nightmare for this deck since that prevents the usage of Rebirth, though you do have countermeasures for that with your other Pokemon.

Years
He has four Ultra Ball to discard Ho-oh too. Energy Switch + Ho-oh seems nasty as hell to be honest. You can just drop Terrakion out of left field and go for a retaliate as well as other things.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
He has four Ultra Ball to discard Ho-oh too. Energy Switch + Ho-oh seems nasty as hell to be honest. You can just drop Terrakion out of left field and go for a retaliate as well as other things.
Typical mistakes my opponents make are:
1. Catching Terrakion when Darkrai was active.
2. Not getting the KO on Terrakion
3. Attach dark energy to Terrakion, Dark Patch to Darkrai, retreat and Energy Switch the energy to Darkrai
4. Max Potion Terrakion.
5. Lol

The deck is so unpredictable most players don't know how to handle playing against it. And honestly the oddity of this deck is that it has a less favorable matchup against Garchomp than Garbodor. Garbodor is annoying, but Garchomp doesn't take weakness from this deck at all. You have to completely rely on taking KO's off of Altaria or Gible/Gabite, otherwise your opponent just starts 2-shotting you and you're just put into a bad spot because all of your pokemon give 2 prizes and your opponents' only give 1.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2012
Well my question would have to be why don't you use just Darkrai? It seems like you're doing all of this work but a Darkrai deck could just set up and get those prizes while you are here trying to toss Ho-Oh in the discard and get everything set up. Just a question.

Years
Because screw Darkrai. Nah with Ho-oh and Energy Switch, you can play a wide variety of EX attackers and run Terrakion too - that diversity is where the real power of this deck kicks in and is why you would run it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2012
Because screw Darkrai. Nah with Ho-oh and Energy Switch, you can play a wide variety of EX attackers and run Terrakion too - that diversity is where the real power of this deck kicks in and is why you would run it.

So you can get some attacks off turn two? Again, the speed of some of the other decks seem to surpass this one...

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
I want to try out this deck. It looks really funny, but really awesome.

Also: When you say you want to run 1 Fire/Water/Grass/Psychic/Metal/Lightning Energy, you could just run Prism Energy.

Last edited:

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Your deck would work in effectively the same manner if you removed the Ho-Oh and replaced it with extra Dark Patch and a variety of other cards. However, a Ho-Oh EX tech seems like it would work fine as you do play a variety in your energy cards in addition to Energy Switch. I recommend removing all but one of the Ho-Oh EX and focus more on the Darkrai EX in the deck by adding the fourth Dark Patch and a supporter, as the supporter line seems unreliable. However, Ho-Oh without a way to remove it from play seems a bit difficult to use.

I don't see the effectiveness of PlusPower in this deck. Tool Scrapper allows you to fight againsts Eviolited basic Pokemon better than PlusPower does, plus it helps against the theme of Garbodor and Fighting-based decks. Either way, you will not be able to knock out stage two attackers with this deck in one attack. I recommend replacing the PlusPower with two or three Tool Scrapper.

I'd recommend adding more Max Potion in this deck, as the deck, with Energy Switch and Dark Patch, can keep attackers energized. Eviolite could be removed for the Max Potion or regular Potion. The odd energy ought to be either be Dark Energy or two Psychic, if you decide to have them be different, as you can potentially attack with Psydrive should the game allow it. Extra fighting energy or less Terrakion is also an option, depending on whether you have space or need space.

Back