• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Bought a Primal Kyorge Box, a Groudon Tin, 3 Ditto packs from Walmart and 2 Kalos starter boxes from Target since I like the packs in them.

Spoiler:

The Kyorge box had a reverse Sceptile in it and that's it so terrible box. Hopefully the Groudon box will be better.

The first Ditto pack had a Primal Kyorge Ex in it, that's the first ex from a Primal Kyorge pack I've pulled. It's also a new ex. The pack also had a reverse Aegislash.
The second Ditto pack had the Holo Kingdra which is a new holo. But unfortunately it's stupidly miscut and looks kind of ugly so hopefully I can find a correctly cut one in the future. The same pack with the Kingdra also had 3 atc cards in it so thats kind of funny.
The third Ditto pack had a Full Art Sharpedo, my 3rd one of those. But at 3/3 my streak of getting a holo or better in every 3 pack i open continues.

The best card of all was from the Groudon Tin, a Full Art Mega Aggron. It's perfectly cut, no scratches or white blotches on the back and there's only one Pokemon on the card...
Spoiler:

Interestingly the two Kalos starter boxes both had G Scope Ace Spec.
I got the Groudon Ex yesterday in a single pack I bought from Toys r Us

So I got 3 new ex's, a couple new holos and reverses. My hunt for the two cards I want most from the set(Gardevoir FA/P Kyorge FA) continues but I worry they will be miscut or damaged in some way. :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got some packs today and a Kyorge Tin.

Spoiler:

The tin didn't have anything in it. But I did get a new ex with Trevenant Ex.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I got the Groudon Box it had nothing so these were a waste, the figures are kind of lame too.

I got a Furfrou pack, it had Holo Sceptile and Holo Manaphy
I also got 2 Aggron single packs and got a Kyorge Ex. I took a picture of my current Primal Clash collection(yesterday), I just need 6 more full arts from the set.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I opened up both the Groudon & Kyogre Tins, nothing special. Got a Trevenant EX, Ancient Trait Holo Excadrill & a holo Hawlucha. Nice to pull an ultra rare I guess.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a couple Ditto packs and a couple Rhyperior packs. I got a Trevenant Ex, an Aggron Ex and a Sharpedo Ex.

Years
Opened a Primal Kyogre Collection Box.

Furious Fists Pack: reverse holo Flygon, Thundurus, Battle Reporter.
Phantom Forces Pack: Jellicent, Trick Coin
Primal Clash Pack 1: M Aggron EX
Primal Clash Pack 2: reverse holo Sceptile, Whiscash, Weakness Policy

Not bad for just 4 packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Bought some 3 packs from Meijer and I think I got the best 3 pack I've ever opened.

I got 2 two Primal Clash 3 packs, 1 Flashfire(Since I'm still looking for 2 secret rares decided what the hey.) Also a couple single packs.
Spoiler:

The Furfrou pack had a holo Milotic and a Rev Milotic. It seems some holos are more common then others in PC. The other one had a Holo Huntail and a Rev Milotic so at least I got a new holo. Also a new reverse Magcargo.
The single packs had Reshiram Ex.
But the crazy pack was the Flashfire 3 pack, it had Pyroar Rev, Goodra Holo and a Charizard Full Art and a Lysandre Rev in the last one. That's my 5th Charizard FA, it's the first Full Art I've pulled 5 of, also it's my 337th ultra rare which is actually the house number of my mom's childhood home.

The pack reminds me of when I got Genesect FA and Pokemon Catcher Rev in the same pack. Has anyone else got an ex and the best reverse in the same pack? The card itself though is probably low graded since a lot of the foil is coming off the flame. I find that Charizard FA's can have spots on the fire where it appears the foil is coming off. I have 2 where they don't have any spots and are completely perfect. Weirdly the printing error doesn't cause white spots on the back like other textures.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Ok, I totally forgot that one time I pulled a SR and a FA in the same pack so this isn't the best 3-pack I've ever opened, though it is the best pack I've opened for reverses from a set.

Years
Opened the Kyogre Primal Clash ETB.

Pack 1: reverse holo Rhyperior, Delcatty
Pack 2: reverse holo Macargo, Nidoqueen
Pack 3: FA Primal Groudon EX, Fresh Water Set, Weakness Policy, Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
Pack 4: Eelektrik, Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
Pack 5: Medicham, Professor Birch's Observations
Pack 6: Swampert, Fresh Water Set, Weakness Policy
Pack 7: Excadrill, Dive Ball
Pack 8: Rhyperior, Professor Birch's Observations, Teammates

Not too bad. First FA in a while.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My Tidal Storm booster boxes came today.
Spoiler:

I decided to get these because they contained the ATC Kingdra which looks really cool in Japanese, better then the English card in fact and definitely better then my version since it was super miscut.
It also contains the Full Art Gardevoir Ex which is my most wanted card from the set and have yet to get in English
Box 1
Spoiler:

Box 2
Spoiler:

I did get a secret rare Gardevoir which is awesome. It was definitely a good box. The second one not so much aside from the Kingdra, the regular Gardevoir Ex looks more shiny then the English ones. Also wish the english boxes were as generous with the holos as the Japanese boxes, my english box had 5 holos, 2 on the left side. In each box there was maybe a holo every 1-2 packs not including ex's, got a bunch of back to back holos also.

Years
My Tidal Storm booster boxes came today.
Spoiler:

I decided to get these because they contained the ATC Kingdra which looks really cool in Japanese, better then the English card in fact and definitely better then my version since it was super miscut.
It also contains the Full Art Gardevoir Ex which is my most wanted card from the set and have yet to get in English
Box 1
Spoiler:

Box 2
Spoiler:

I did get a secret rare Gardevoir which is awesome. It was definitely a good box. The second one not so much aside from the Kingdra, the regular Gardevoir Ex looks more shiny then the English ones. Also wish the english boxes were as generous with the holos as the Japanese boxes, my english box had 5 holos, 2 on the left side. In each box there was maybe a holo every 1-2 packs not including ex's, got a bunch of back to back holos also.

Holy crap do the Japanese boxes have a lot of holos. I kind of want to order some now.

Anyway, onto my most recent pack opening. Got the Primal Groudon Collection.

Furious Fists Pack: reverse holo Jaw Fossil, Flygon, Tool Retriever, Fighting Stadium
Phantom Forces Pack: reverse holo Hydreigon, Jamming Net
Primal Clash Pack 1: Walrein, Rare Candy
Primal Clash Pack 2: Nidoqueen, Teammates

Not bad for just 4 packs.

Years
Opened up a Groudon EX tin today.

Furious Fists Pack: Poliwrath, Herbal Energy
Phantom Forces Pack: Feraligatr, Trick Coin
Primal Clash Pack 1: reverse holo Manectric, Tangrowth, Scorched Earth
Primal Clash Pack 2: Swampert, Weakness Policy

Not nearly as interesting as the Kyogre collection box from the other day.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened 5 Primal Clash packs from Dollar Tree, a couple 3 packs and some Plasma Freeze packs from Walmart.

With the Dollar Tree packs I actually did the bending trick with all the packs in the box, about 30, (after Phantom Forces I put a Blastoise FA and 2 commons and the promo card in an opened pack to see what a pack felt like if it had a full art), it was super sturdy and impossible to bend. None of the packs in the box were as sturdy as that so I didn't think any of them had FA's in them. I've never pulled a regular ex from these so I don't know what those feel like. I mainly just randomly picked 5 out of the 30 packs. And since 4/5 of the packs had nothing in them clearly the bending trick doesn't really work and I was just really lucky. That's my 4th FA M Gardevoir and funny enough regular Gardevoir FA is my most wanted card from the set so who knows when I'll find that one.

The first 3 pack had a Dive Ball SR and a Trevenant Ex, so I think that's my third 3 pack to contain 2 ultras in one pack and my second 3 pack to contain a SR and an ex/FA(After Flashfire), now I just need Weakness Policy to finish the SR's. Never thought the SR's would be this easy to pull.

In the Plasma Freeze packs I just bought the first 4 on the hook. This is the same Walmart where I pulled Deoxys FA and Ultra Ball SR a few weeks ago, I had a Dragonite Holo and a Rock Guard Ace Spec in the same pack which I don't think has ever happened before, a Metagross Holo and my 5th Professor Juniper Full Art in the last pack, that's my second full art to pull 5 of after Charizard. The other 3 pack had a Kyorge Ex.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back