• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Question: When a wild POKeMON uses Harden does it lower the catch rate of a POKeBALL. Because I feel that every time they do, it makes it more difficult to catch.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
I'm currently having trouble beating Watson.

My team is comprised of:
Beautifly - level 24
Kirlia - level 22
Gulpin - level 21
Makuhita - level 22

Any idea as to what I could do / improve?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Geodude in Granite Cave would be a good idea. :) It resists Electric moves. If you have a Mudkip or Torchic in your PC that you ditched, training them up, especially Mudkip, would be really good as well. Marshstomp is a Ground type and gets Mud Shot upon evolving from Mudkip and Combusken gets Double Kick in similar fashion. Going back for an Aron is also an option, though it only gets Mud-Slap.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm currently having trouble beating Watson.

My team is comprised of:
Beautifly - level 24
Kirlia - level 22
Gulpin - level 21
Makuhita - level 22

Any idea as to what I could do / improve?

Watson is basically a nightmare, except if you have Marshtomp, however he can be beat! n_n Voltorb and Electrike are quite weak and will go down easily. I take it Kirlia knows Calm Mind? If so, lead with Kirlia and spam it. Heal when needed. Once you're at about +2/3 (depends what you want), proceed to use Confusion which could OHKO the former mentioned two. Manectric and Magneton are absolute terrors. However; he'll more than likely use Manectric if Kirlia is out since it knows Bite, and since Bite is special this time you won't take much. Again, spam Confusion. Magneton will probably take you down since it spams T-wave and then Shock Wave. Makuhita should be used next; just spam its fighting moves and hopefully you'll win. If he paralyses you don't heal it from Makuhita since Guts will make this battle 100% easier. Use Gulpin and Beautifly as decoys for healing.

Good luck! n___n paragraph not needed we

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
New battery didn't work

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place for this, but I Googled and Googled and nothing answered my question! My internal batteries ran dry on Ruby and Sapphire. My boyfriend soldered new ones (with tabs) to the boards for me and the message went away. The games still work, saved files and all. The clock runs when the game is off, I've downloaded the Berry Patch from FireRed (in fact, Ruby said it didn't need it), and my berries still won't grow! They grew well past 100 hours of play before the batteries died, but now they just stay as little lumps in the ground. Any ideas?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, when the batteries die in these games, the time based events, like growing berries or evolving Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon, no longer work. It's just stuck, but the game can still be played and saved unlike when batteries die in the older games. You can replace them I'm sure, but I really don't understand why anyone would bother at this point. Berries aren't that important. But perhaps Google replacing the battery in gen III games or even checking YouTube. I'm sure there are video tutorials, though of course buying a battery will be on your own time and money. Honestly though, if I were you, I just wouldn't worry about it. Berries aren't a huge loss, and as much as I love these games, it's two generations behind. So getting a lot of berries in gen III doesn't matter too much.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Yeah, when the batteries die in these games, the time based events, like growing berries or evolving Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon, no longer work. It's just stuck, but the game can still be played and saved unlike when batteries die in the older games. You can replace them I'm sure, but I really don't understand why anyone would bother at this point. Berries aren't that important. But perhaps Google replacing the battery in gen III games or even checking YouTube. I'm sure there are video tutorials, though of course buying a battery will be on your own time and money. Honestly though, if I were you, I just wouldn't worry about it. Berries aren't a huge loss, and as much as I love these games, it's two generations behind. So getting a lot of berries in gen III doesn't matter too much.

Yeah I understand how the time works and stuff, but I did replace the battery and it still doesn't work. I like the older games better is all and it's just kind of a pain not to be able to use all the features.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Question: What is the difference, when catching a POKeMON in FRLG when the Balls spark or when the balls fade to grey after they struggle three times?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah I understand how the time works and stuff, but I did replace the battery and it still doesn't work. I like the older games better is all and it's just kind of a pain not to be able to use all the features.

True. I really dunno what to tell you about the battery though. :/ That's a pain that you did go through that trouble and it didn't work. Hopefully someone that understands the batteries better than me will come along and see your question. Also, you might consider asking in the Video Gaming forum. I don't know if there were other GBA games that needed a battery replacement, but chances are, there might be some more people that know about it in that forum. I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot, right? Just to be safe though, when you post, make sure you mention I sent you since I thought you'd have better luck there. It's still video game related so yeah. Hope you can get an answer.

Question: What is the difference, when catching a POKeMON in FRLG when the Balls spark or when the balls fade to grey after they struggle three times?

I can't find anything on this. But I thought the yellow sparks thing was just something introduced in FRLG and carried over to games after that. It makes it easier to know if you got the Pokemon when the sparks come out. I haven't played FRLG in a long time, but I never noticed the PokeBall turning grey instead of emitting sparks, so...I just assumed this was an animation update.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012

True. I really dunno what to tell you about the battery though. :/ That's a pain that you did go through that trouble and it didn't work. Hopefully someone that understands the batteries better than me will come along and see your question. Also, you might consider asking in the Video Gaming forum. I don't know if there were other GBA games that needed a battery replacement, but chances are, there might be some more people that know about it in that forum. I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot, right? Just to be safe though, when you post, make sure you mention I sent you since I thought you'd have better luck there. It's still video game related so yeah. Hope you can get an answer.

Thanks, I will see what I can find out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I'm in the safari zone in Fire Red and I just came across an exeggcute that was yellow instead of the regular pink. When it appear on the screen a bunch of stars surrounded it and went away. Just wondering what this means...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Question: The internal battery has run dry on my Sapphire. Is it still possible to evolve Feebas despite not being able to grow berries?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
As long as you have enough berries to make enough Dry PokéBlock to max out its Beauty, then yes.
I have quite a lot of Chesto berries and will work on getting a Wiki berry when I can. Is that good enough if I blend them in Lilycove's contest hall?

Edit: Managed to evolve Feebas fairly easily. Thanks!

Last edited:

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
i am trying to get a Gengar with the Hidden Power of Fire. now i understand it works off IV's but since im not a Genius Mathematician i dont understand this IV stuff AT ALL. im looking at the guide on smogon and it just makes my brain hurt.

soo...

to get a certain Hidden Power like Fire, is it based off all the Poké's IV's ? or just one, for example lets say Special Attack ?

PLZ HELP !!!!!!!

Years
i am trying to get a Gengar with the Hidden Power of Fire. now i understand it works off IV's but since im not a Genius Mathematician i dont understand this IV stuff AT ALL. im looking at the guide on smogon and it just makes my brain hurt.

soo...

to get a certain Hidden Power like Fire, is it based off all the Poké's IV's ? or just one, for example lets say Special Attack ?

PLZ HELP !!!!!!!

It's based on all of the IV's. Here's how to calculate it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hidden_Power_calculation

And if you aren't strong with math, you can use one of these to do the calculation for you:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back