• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: My Pokemon Mod Collection

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
My 4th Gen/5th Gen Pokemon Mod Collection

Pokemon Sol Platinum (Version 2)
Pokemon Neo SoulSilver (Version 3)
Pokemon Yin Black/Pokemon Yang White (Version 3)
Pokemon Yin Black 2/Pokemon Yang White 2 (Version 1)

Lastest Thread update to: Pokemon Yin Black 2/Pokemon Yang White 2

I included the info for all games.

Here's the links for each games:

Pokemon Sol Platinum: http://www.mediafire.com/?tdsbxwgnsvifd5s
Pokemon Neo SoulSilver: http://www.mediafire.com/?g21n28cn06nkn6r
Pokemon Yin Black/Yang White: http://www.mediafire.com/?s2sshj13n6356w8
Pokkemon Yin Black 2/Yang White 2: https://www.mediafire.com/?ld3q32z03cgjd8c

These patches are Gui Type...Meaning, you'll need to have Microsoft .Net Framework install in your computer to patch with a xdelta patcher.
Here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19

Okay, so this the first of my mod collection.

Pokemon Sol Platinum

Spoiler:

Next up is Pokemon Neo Soulsilver

Spoiler:

Last, but not least: Pokemon Yin Black & Pokemon Yang White

Spoiler:

Pokemon Yin Black 2 and Pokemon Yang White 2
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Grubby Pup

Years
what emulator do you use and what settings for it

Well, for my Pokemon Neo SoulSilver I use No$gba with No$zoomer. That the only way the game with get past the AP crap. And for Yin Black & Yang White and Sol Platinum. I use the No$gba without No$zoomer.

As for the settings, this what I usually have mine on.

Spoiler:

This is basically a copied and paste from my No$gba notepad, it all effects what happens on your emulator.

Also keep in mind, for Yin Black & Yang White and Sol Platinum, you don't have to run your emulator from.
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)

Instead, go to option and change it to it'll looks like this.
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == -Start Cartridge directly

And of course, you'll still need the cheat codes to bypass the blue screen for the Black & White mod.

Anyways, I hope this helped you.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2023
What is the rom for patch? Pokemon Platinum European or American?

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
What level does Chimchar evolve in Sol Platinum? Ive gotten to about 20 with nothing yet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
In Neo SoulSilver, after I name my character and Oak says his usual junk, the screen goes black, but the music still plays.

The Grubby Pup

Years
What level does Chimchar evolve in Sol Platinum? Ive gotten to about 20 with nothing yet.

Whoa! Seriously? It grew those many levels and still hasn't evolved yet? Hmmm, I don't know what could possibly be the problem. I've beta tested this a bunch time and it always evolve for me on level 14. Try repatching the game and see what happens.

What is the rom for patch? Pokemon Platinum European or American?

Well, I use the American version of Pokemon Platinum when making this patch, so I assume this patch will only work for the american version rom.

In Neo SoulSilver, after I name my character and Oak says his usual junk, the screen goes black, but the music still plays.

That's the AP, in order to get passed that, you need to download the
Rudolph's patch. You can find that on Gbatemp.

If you're using emulator

To be more specific if you're using No$gba or desmume.

For no$gba you need the use it with the No$zoomer Extension. With No$gba bios, I forgot to add that last time I was talking about No$gba.

If have desmume, you can run it perfectly by just patching the rudolph's patch; I don't use desmume, because my computer's too slow. It'll probably work differently on yours

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Still no evolution. I repatched the rom, and nothing happened differently. Im not sure if it applies to all pokemon or just Chimchar, I do know that the rom is clean and pokemon evolve normally usually. I liked the rewording of some of the commands btw. The one in which all your pokemon faint was especially funny. :P

The Grubby Pup

Years
Still no evolution. I repatched the rom, and nothing happened differently. Im not sure if it applies to all pokemon or just Chimchar, I do know that the rom is clean and pokemon evolve normally usually. I liked the rewording of some of the commands btw. The one in which all your pokemon faint was especially funny. :P

Yeah...Ya know, somebody else on another website had a problem with his Magmar evolving on my black & white mod. Have any of you other Pokemon evolved yet? I'm gonna see if I can fix this bug.

As for the command thing, thank ya, thank ya, thank ya. LOL :)
Yeah that was cool. You can also that text change in Neo SoulSilver, as well! Too bad I couldn't implement it into the black & white game. Oh, well guess ya can't have your cake and ice cream everytime.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
Whoa! Seriously? It grew those many levels and still hasn't evolved yet? Hmmm, I don't know what could possibly be the problem. I've beta tested this a bunch time and it always evolve for me on level 14. Try repatching the game and see what happens.

Well, I use the American version of Pokemon Platinum when making this patch, so I assume this patch will only work for the american version rom.

That's the AP, in order to get passed that, you need to download the
Rudolph's patch. You can find that on Gbatemp.

If you're using emulator

To be more specific if you're using No$gba or desmume.

For no$gba you need the use it with the No$zoomer Extension. With No$gba bios, I forgot to add that last time I was talking about No$gba.

If have desmume, you can run it perfectly by just patching the rudolph's patch; I don't use desmume, because my computer's too slow. It'll probably work differently on yours

I'm using no$gba with No$zoomer

nvm, i found it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I hacked in some rare candys to test out evolution. I got the chimchar to level 36 with nothing, and a larvitar to level 30 with nothing. It seems evolution itself isnt happening. Will try restarting...

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2023
I have the same problem with the Chimchar, it's in level 19 and still not envolve.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2023
I think the problem is only in chimchar, but i'm not sure. Because of the bug i can't get through the 1st Gym xD

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Im pretty sure its all Pokemon. Larvitar and Chimchar wont evolve, and neither will Abra. It would be a shame if it cant be fixed. You probably put alot of work into it and it could be wasted if its unfixable. :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
It appears that the Rudolph patch doesn't work. I patched soul silver and then patched it with neo soulsilver and it still freezes after the intro.

The Grubby Pup

Years
It appears that the Rudolph patch doesn't work. I patched soul silver and then patched it with neo soulsilver and it still freezes after the intro.

Hm, okay...did you make sure to patch the clean rom to Rudolph's Patch, first? Then afterward, patch the Neo Soul. patch to the already patched SoulSilver rom.

These patches should also be compatible with pre-patched SoulSilver roms, ya know...ones with AP already patched.

I know that my Black & White patches were compatible with both of Coolkill3r's (A guy from gbatemp) pre-patched B&W roms. So, I'm gonna assume all my other patches should be too.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _​

Anyways, for Sol Platinum users, I finally made a fix for the game. Your Pokemon should evolve now. You can download the new patch on the original post.

It includes other fixes for my other mods, like Magmar not being able to evolve on Yin Black & Yang White and other stuff; if you were encountering something on Neo Soulsilver, I didn't really find any bugs in there...But decided to make new patch for it anyways.

Also, moveset fix, I found why re-beta testing Sol Platinum.

Anyways, if you find any bugs...Just send it to the thread and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

JimmyJ99

Noobie Hacker
Years
I'm having the dumbest issue. The game won't save for me at all. I've changed the No$gba saving settings like 6 times and still it wont save. Any clues?

Back