• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your pet peeve?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Don't like it when someone suddenly changes the topic of discussion, when I'm about to give in my views.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
People watching what I'm doing on my computer

People refusing to admit when they're wrong even when I have showed them so much evidence that they are wrong!

People who admit that they are wrong but refuse to correct it anyway!

People who, after thanking you for pointing out a mistake that they should fix, still don't fix their mistake!

People who hate things just because they are apparently hated on the internet but they don't really feel this way themselves. (I see this a lot with Luvdisc.)

INCORRECT GRAMMAR!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
When someone corrects me for a mistake I made & then makes the same mistake themselves.

Guest123_x1

I have several pet peeves. Among them are:
*Everybody in my neighborhood smokes and drinks big time. Yet the mainstream news media constantly reports on how there's "less people smoking". WHERE are there less people smoking? What's worse is that many of these kind of people are so much healthier than me or my mom, despite the fact that neither of us smoke or drink alcohol.

*Kids who think they're so much better and smarter than I am, especially when they bully me. Everybody around my community thinks I'm this stupid r-word that doesn't know when I'm walking into danger. On the flip side of the coin, random people like to stop in the middle of the street when I'm walking to ask me for directions. Often, they ask for places that I don't even know exist or are well out of their way (such as requiring turns down several different roads, etc.)

*When we get strange calls on our home phone. Lately, we've been getting a lot of calls about a claim number that we should follow up on. When I answered one of these calls, it was a recording saying they were calling for my dad, who never associated himself with our current landline number. We've also gotten calls that claim that they're following up on information that "my mom requested about a back/knee brace" (even though my mom never requested information about such things in the first place). Recently, we've also gotten several calls with messages left on our answering machine claiming that "the IRS is filing a lawsuit" against us. What did we ever do to deserve getting sued?
Also, to add to this list those random calls telling us that we've won a free cruise/vacation. All of these calls have spoofed the Caller ID to claim to be from Detroit (area code 313).

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
People walking really slowly in front of me while I can't pass.

People gathering in groups in narrow spaces. Like really, there's an entire plaza 5 meters away. But nope you have to block up this narrow alley to have your talk.

People who don't have a single drop of patience. And sadly, I always have several patients like this. They push their call button and are pissed if I arrive 5 minutes later and claim they've been waiting for half an hour. Well, sorry I'm not an amoeba and can't split myself in two?
(I still love my job though)

People throwing their trash on the ground. Nope, it's not magically gonna disappear after you do that.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
the main ones at the moment are people who kill spiders and other bugs just bc they're too scared to move them (or get someone else to do it), and ppl who pretend not to like things they love in public in order to seem cooler, or something. finally, ppl who complain about having a bad state of mind but do nothing to try and change their state of mind...

Metatron

No guts, no glory
Years
I have an irrational hatred of people whistling. Don't ask me to explain it, but hearing that noise makes my blood boil instantly.

Back