• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hidden Abilities

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In Black and White, hidden abilities were able to be accessed through the Dream World and in Black 2 and White 2, the Grottoes. At this point not every single ability is released, and it comes to mind as to whether the abilities for the ones we've got will be accessible in these games at some point! So, which Pokemon in specific do you want the hidden abilities for out of the Pokemon we've had from Generation 1-5? Do you think it's possible that everything will be released? In what way do you think this can happen - Hidden Hollows, something else? Also, how would you feel about a second hidden ability for past generation Pokemon? Out of the abilities we already know, what would you like to give certain Pokemon? Share yo thoughtssss.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Well we still have like what 6-7 months till X/Y are released?So that is plenty of time for GF to release the Dream World abilities in Gen V games.And I guess abilities will most likely be distributed in somewhat similar ways in Gen VI

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
GF will need to find another way to obtain their Hidden Abilities, because I've got a feeling that the Dream World will shut down by the time X and Y are released.

Sirfetch’d

I hope that X&Y finds a great way to incorporate Hidden Abilities in the games because there are still great Pokemon that have a good Hidden Ability that is unreleased. LIKE SNIVY!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I hope there's a more convenient way to obtain hidden abilities outside of the Dream World and Hidden Grottos. I'd love for their to be a chance for all wild Pokémon to have their hidden abilities when they're found in the wild.

Sirfetch’d

I hope there's a more convenient way to obtain hidden abilities outside of the Dream World and Hidden Grottos. I'd love for their to be a chance for all wild Pokémon to have their hidden abilities when they're found in the wild.

Yeah I kinda like this idea about wild Pokemon sometimes having hidden abilities. I think that maybe they could bring back the shaking grass or something similar and instead of having different Pokemon make it contain a Pokemon with its hidden ability.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well we still have like what 6-7 months till X/Y are released?So that is plenty of time for GF to release the Dream World abilities in Gen V games.And I guess abilities will most likely be distributed in somewhat similar ways in Gen VI

Maybe but if they haven't been released up until now there's got to be a good reason for it, right? Maybe they'll be saving it for X/Y!

GF will need to find another way to obtain their Hidden Abilities, because I've got a feeling that the Dream World will shut down by the time X and Y are released.

I hope it doesn't ;_;

At first, you have normal abilities, which Pokemon had to increase their battle potential, which was introduced in Gen III. Gen V more or less took it in the right direction with Dream World abilities(even though I dislike Dream World itself, but that's not relevant to the topic). At the same time, B2W2 introduced Hidden Abilities, which I believe were just Dream World abilities without actually going into DW itself.

But would a Hidden Ability system be useful by any means, of course! It would add a hell of a lot more variety in some Pokemon, and I know that some Pokemon that need it more than others(Politoed and Ninetails, other than having those godforsaken weather abilities that makes OU such a pain). A secondary Hidden Ability wouldn't be so bad as well, but I wouldn't overdo it on abilities in case some Pokemon become overpowered because of them. xD;

I don't think it'd make certain Pokemon overpowered tbh. Unless it's like Speed Boost Haxorus but they're not that insane >__>;

Yeah I kinda like this idea about wild Pokemon sometimes having hidden abilities. I think that maybe they could bring back the shaking grass or something similar and instead of having different Pokemon make it contain a Pokemon with its hidden ability.

Shaking grass hidden abilities would make shaking grass muuuch better, ya.

Years

Please God yes. I'd be more incentive for me to actually play the game that way.

Back