• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I would gladly quote these amazing animations, but I'm quite lazy right now so we'll stick to simply discussion in this post yes. :D;

I'm seriously envious of the animating abilities these guys have. This reminds me of something I've been keeping track of for a while.

film2.gif
film1.gif

film3.gif

And -> this <- is what it's compiling into! The artist is the lovely Vivz.

She's creating a film! Her animation is so flawless and beautiful. It really brings me back into the Disney days. It's all just so super gorgeous and makes me jelly like no other.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
im sorry if im not supposed to post here but i dont know where to post this. i need a review of what i did with this picture. i think i did amazing since i suck at pixel art. like i seriously am the worst at it. i basically took hilberts black and white sprite, and made it into an oshawott fan i.e. me. and i have my shiny oshawott by my side also. i got my own razor shell in my right hand and oshawotts pokeball in my left.
Spoiler:

i can never get my hair right no matter how hard i try and i want a big smile but i feel like i over did it. and my arms look like freakin noodles. any pointers? or would anyone wanna revamp it a little and make it look like an actual sprite because thats what i want it to look like. i would prefer for someone to like fix it a little because of how bad i am at pixel art but i dont wanna be a burden on anyone. IF anyone want to fix it, dont mess with my oshawott. i tried my best to get him as perfect as could be and he is. dont touch him if you try to fix my abomination.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
im sorry if im not supposed to post here but i dont know where to post this. i need a review of what i did with this picture. i think i did amazing since i suck at pixel art. like i seriously am the worst at it. i basically took hilberts black and white sprite, and made it into an oshawott fan i.e. me. and i have my shiny oshawott by my side also. i got my own razor shell in my right hand and oshawotts pokeball in my left.
Spoiler:

i can never get my hair right no matter how hard i try and i want a big smile but i feel like i over did it. and my arms look like freakin noodles. any pointers? or would anyone wanna revamp it a little and make it look like an actual sprite because thats what i want it to look like. i would prefer for someone to like fix it a little because of how bad i am at pixel art but i dont wanna be a burden on anyone. IF anyone want to fix it, dont mess with my oshawott. i tried my best to get him as perfect as could be and he is. dont touch him if you try to fix my abomination.

Moved this to the right place for ya. :)

Right off the bat, chances are no one want to do your sprite work for you, sorry to say, so I'll give you some help. First off, I know you're doing a 2x pixel thing, but your sprite is too big. I mean the white around the sprite so crop it down to fit your image.

Next, I'm fairly sure you used the legs of a male trainer sprite (or somesuch sprite), resized it, and drew a body on top of it. So your next step should be to try to do the entire sprite on your own. Then work on making it not so linear, as in using a 3/4 positioning.

I'm also concerned because your Oshawott is just the standard B/W sprite, resized, and recolored slightly. So if you want a custom trainer sprite with an Oshawott, I suggest customizing the Oshawott as well. It's not easy learning how to sprite, but it's extremely rewarding once you figure it out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
Moved this to the right place for ya. :)

Right off the bat, chances are no one want to do your sprite work for you, sorry to say, so I'll give you some help. First off, I know you're doing a 2x pixel thing, but your sprite is too big. I mean the white around the sprite so crop it down to fit your image.

Next, I'm fairly sure you used the legs of a male trainer sprite (or somesuch sprite), resized it, and drew a body on top of it. So your next step should be to try to do the entire sprite on your own. Then work on making it not so linear, as in using a 3/4 positioning.

I'm also concerned because your Oshawott is just the standard B/W sprite, resized, and recolored slightly. So if you want a custom trainer sprite with an Oshawott, I suggest customizing the Oshawott as well. It's not easy learning how to sprite, but it's extremely rewarding once you figure it out.

oshawotts sprite is the shiny sprite so i didnt do anything to him. and the way i cropped it is because i was making sure it would fit the size for the youtube profile picture. which i didnt need to crop it at all because i can resize it for youtube to fit it perfectly and i did. i said i basically took hilberts sprite, erased his whole left left and moved it to the right. (meaning i redid his whole leg but not his foot.) i think the shoes are pretty good. i tried to shade them the best i could and i think i did them pretty well. i just cant get the arms and my hair right.

i didnt resize oshawott at all. thats his normal blacka and white sprite and im pretty sure i didnt resize hilberts sprite, if i did, it would be smaller because on the app i use it made it way too big. i tried to make all of the sprites the actual black and white sprites because i want it to look official and we all know thats apprently what i cant do. i tried to make it 64 x 64 like a regular ds sprite because thats the only dimensions i have heard of for a ds sprite. seriously i cant do this this is so frustrating and difficult. i tried my best and my best is horrible. i hate spriting -__-

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Everyone in here is so good and drawing the next Mona Lisa and I'm just sitting here like

img003-e1303083468129.jpg

THIS. This is a masterpiece.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Don't worry, Espeon, not everybody here is good at drawing; personally, I'm terrible. Last time I tried creating something, it took me about an hour, and it still wound up looking like a mess. I couldn't make the outline look straight, and the coloring was… just out-of-line, so to speak. Really do wish that I were better, though!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I've been told I draw a pretty mean stick figure. :o
Jokes aside, I suck at drawing - as I can see from the painting that's behind me from 3 years ago...I just can't draw solid shapes at all. I'm considering learning though~

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
That's why you ditch the ink and grab a camera! Well, at least I like snapping photos better than drawing. I should go outside and snap some more, but laziness, etc...

Braxien

Banned
Years
Everyone in here is so good and drawing the next Mona Lisa and I'm just sitting here like

img003-e1303083468129.jpg

THIS. This is a masterpiece.

This picture made me laugh, for some reason. I do think that it a splash of colour could be added to become a true masterpiece, ahah! ;)

Jokes aside, as the people above said, a lot of people in this section aren't too good at drawing (no offence). I love to browse these sections to look at the few who can actually make 'masterpieces', instead of posting myself.

Years
so i herd dis iz an art convo...

I'm wondering if I should make a thread gallery. I'm, like, horrible at commitment. Well, I'll continue thinking. In the meantime, BEHOLD

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I always struggle when it comes to updating my gallery. Since people don't seem to comment much (unless it's also a shop), so it's sort of stuff to keep everything going. Some still indeed do it, though, so their effort should definitely be appreciated!

Years
So i've seen some people make cool layouts, and i've wondered what would be the best program to start with if I wanted to try one on a Mac. I've heard some people use Adobe PhotoShop, some people even use Microsoft Word (although not everyone uses the same computer)...and I sure would like to try to make a nice layout that I could use for something snazzy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've been trying to get back into drawing lately, but I can't find the cord for my tablet which makes me very, very sad. :( This is what I spent a day at work doing because no one has given me work yet:

Spoiler:

I want to try drawing some real people and I saw this Meetup group designed to having someone pose for 3 hours once a week, but one of the regulars is a guy who posted a picture of himself posing nude and listed his interests as things like "tantric" and "massage"...nopenopenopenope

Years
Hey:)

can I post "this" here? It's a link to my album with a small sample of my character art. A friend here requested that I upload some so I complied. Then, I started thinking I would like to get a few more people's input:)

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
Hey:)

can I post "this" here? It's a link to my album with a small sample of my character art. A friend here requested that I upload some so I complied. Then, I started thinking I would like to get a few more people's input:)

Hmm I dont think anyone will mind as long as you make sure to put the images in a poiler this way they dont take up the whole forum and people wont have to scroll forever haha.

Years
Hmm I dont think anyone will mind as long as you make sure to put the images in a poiler this way they dont take up the whole forum and people wont have to scroll forever haha.

Thanks:) that's why I decided to just link to my album instead of food ed the thread with images or spoilers, XD. I know how annoying that can get sometimes.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
UMMMMMMMM YES?????

you and I both know this is something you should have done years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back