• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Musical instruments?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
The only thing I've ever tried to play is the piano. I've just taught myself over the years....not the best with reading sheet music, but I've never really taken the effort to really learn though...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I play the clarinet, and have been for around seven years now. I started in primary :3 I'm not very passionate about it now though and only play it for the sake of playing it XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have an acoustic guitar that sits next to me in my room :3 I can also sing pretty alright as well, which I didn't know until a few months ago.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I play piano, and I'm pretty good, but used to be a lot better. Technically been playing since I was 4-years-old, but stopped taking lessons about 5 years ago. Now I just improvise jazzy pieces and try to learn the occasional TV theme. (Current task: Murder, She Wrote!)

I've had one drum lesson, and can play a good rock beat... but that's about it for musical experience! Tried learning guitar but I just didn't take to it at all. I like to learn saxophone eventually, but I think that's slipping away with time. Shame...

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Piano for all my life, planning on majoring with it. I think. I hope.

I try my best to sing but it often doesn't cut it.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
I know how to play Piano, Violin, Drums and Guitar. Recently, I stopped learning Violin and Guitar. It's very hard to learn and master four instruments at the same time. Also, I can sing. How about you, someone who is reading this thread?

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
How have I not found this thread before? I'm actually a music student at a university, studying to be a music teacher. Specifically, my goal is to be a band director, but I intend to teach all kinds of classes and ensembles at various levels.

My primary instrument is percussion - drums, keyboard percussion, etc. I've also played piano since I was 6 years old, and that's really where I got my start to where I am today. As a Music Education student, I take classes where I learn to play pretty much all instruments (got to learn something before you can teach it!); so far, I can play trombone, tuba, baritone/euphonium, flute, clarinet, and saxophone. I also sing a little. So yeah . . . don't mean to brag or anything, but that's me! :P

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I used to play the recorder, guitar, Viola and Cello. Now, I play the Piano, Violin and xylophone. And I am planning to learn the double bass and clarinet. :>

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I have been playing guitar since I was 7, so nearly 10 years now. That's my main instrument. I never really had the money for lessons in it so I'm completely self-taught and in all honesty I think I've come on quite a way. I can play almost anything you give me now and I know a good amount of musical theory too, so it's pretty fun.

As a second instrument, I'm also learning keyboard. School have been awesome and given me free lessons, and it's coming along pretty well!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm not much of a musical person. But I've been playing the guitar for around two years and I think I'm pretty happy with the amount of progress I've made. Well, I can play better than some of my friends who have been playing for a lot longer than me. I only pick my guitar up once in a while these days though, which is a shame. Yeah, I should start strumming and picking again. >>

I want to learn how to play the drums and piano too.. which I will do sometime around this year, hopefully.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
Years
I learned the recorder in 3rd grade, but only played it for a short while - it didn't interest me enough to keep going with it. I still remember the tunes though: Hot Cross Buns, Amazing Grace, Mary Had a Little Lamb...

Yep. :I

I took up orchestra in 6th grade though - still playing the violin to this day (that is...until my bridge needed replacing, still need to get a new one D:). I'm thinking about learning the cello and piano later on.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
I'm learning bass guitar right now c:
but i learn so slowly D:

After this I'll eventually aim for upright bass...

But I need to focus on bass first >:D

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I've played guitar since I was ten and I took up piano this year. I've also been known to dabble with the harmonica and the ukulele but right now I'm feeling more curious towards synthesizers so I might pursue that during the Summer.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I've played the guitar for 4 years. Honestly, though, I don't really like it.
I love solo guitar music and all of the incredible tones of the guitar, but it's not really what I want to play.
So i'm quitting.

I'd really like to learn how to play the Harmonica and the Saxophone.

Back