• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
2. Did you do anything to the HMs in either game? As someone who likes to put together strategic movesets, it gets rather frustrating when I have to waste a moveslot on some craptastic move like Flash or Cut.
Use HM Slaves?

3. How many abilities and moves from Gen IV did you put in DR1 and how many are you planning on putting in this game?
New abilities cannot be implemented into new game.

Years
i think dr2 will be more easier than dr1.because there will be phy/spec split system.AND I HOPE THERE WILL BE NO STUPID BUGS THAT IT WAS IN DR1!!!!!_

i hope the series dr will be end in this hack.no more dr3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
@Ash

I hate using Pokemon entirely as just HM slaves. Its a waste of a slot in my party and I don't want to have to keep switching the Pokemon I want to use in and out of my party constantly.

I thought new abilities from the later generations were added to both DR1 and DR2. I'm going to be sad if there is no No Guard Machamp in DR1.

@Hackster

What bugs were there in the first game and why do you not want there to be a third Dark Rising?

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Ah, so it's finally up! One of the first things I've seen when coming back to PC and it's looking great. I recommend an improvement on the male hero's trainer sprite though. His knee that is bending is awk and a lot of shading is needed. I'm assuming that isn't the final copy anyway.
Well, good luck with this hack DRG! :D

Years
Dawned... I guess you didnt played dr1 yet.As far i played dr1, i saw 4 or 5 bug which 1 of them freeze the game.So hopefully that bug will be not present in Dr2.

cheeseguy12

Just A Beast
Years
I Belive that the screenshots are just excellent.I you thought Pokemon Dark Rising was awesome Just Wait until this! Irish you good luck DRG

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
New abilities cannot be implemented into new game.
people have been porting new abilities for quite some time

i think the only hack currently available with new abilities that isn't japanese/terrible/unfinished is yet another fire red hack but i'm probably wrong since i don't follow hype train hacks

i know jambo has been doing ability porting for the 649 patch but that doesn't really change anything considering it's a rom base and it's probably not going to be released for proper use for a long time

on topic i suppose i'll just wish you the best of luck w/this hack since i've heard some.. things.. about dr

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Looks like it's up! :D
One thing I do hope is that it's a little easier, as the first one made me almost rip my hair out (Adrian and his Lugia...), as I've mentioned on the other thread. Level jumps such as lv20 to lv50 shocked the ever-living heck out of me. xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Dawned... I guess you didnt played dr1 yet.As far i played dr1, i saw 4 or 5 bug which 1 of them freeze the game.So hopefully that bug will be not present in Dr2.

Yeah I'm going to start playing Dark Rising 1 after I finish Life of Guardians I was just wondering what known issues this game has so I won't have to be caught off guard and get pissed off about it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 13, 2020
Hey guys, Jill here with a quick update / showcase thing on some of the music for Dark Rising 2 to build up some excitement. I'm never good at these introduction things, so let's just jump right into it:

This first theme is the music for the first town, right where you get off the boat to the OMNI region. Sounds like quite the generic first town that has no significance after the introduction, doesn't it? Then again, when is any town in Pokemon significant after a specific point?

And last (but hopefully not least), we have the music for Tabula Rasa, a forest-y area outside of the first city. Could its name be subtly implying anything? I guess we'll see in the first beta.

Chaos Lucario

The Legend Of Chaos
Years
The game is looking great so far! Judging by the first post at the top, are Xerneas and Yveltal going to be in the game? I think a trainer should be "Xern" and he could have Xerneas, and a trainer called "Yvel" should have Yveltal, to twist up the storyline. Although it would be cool to have both all for yourself too, so you choose ;3

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
URGENT POST

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll respond to some of your questions next time. At the moment, I'm only posting to ask everyone to submit their choice for who they would like the Special Character for Dark Rising 2 to be. Atem (Or Yami Yugi) was the special character in Dark Rising 1, taking the role as a gym leader. Now's the time to decide who will be the special character for this hack and why.

So to all of you creative people out there, here's your chance to make your idea added to the hack! Just fill out this form and I'll make sure to choose whoever has the best choice. The winner will be added to the credits section. Let's Do This!

Character's Name:

What Series He/She is from:

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why):

What Pokemon should He/She have:

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact:

And that's it! Any character is welcomed, but please, do not pick anything too ridiculous like SpongeBob or something along that line. Stick to Anime & Video Games Only, but I'll consider all choices depending on how well you describe their mixture into the hack. THANKS!

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
wow can't w8 for the sequel,i enjoyed DR1, And DR2 is looking more interesting, but 1 thing is quite frustratin that she is using the same starters as prequel has, i suggust to add deino and haxorus also and giving them 4th generation move draco meteor specially to hydreigon who is special sweeper. . .
The tiles are looking quite obvious any ways again a nice hack could be expected thanx to DR Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back