• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon XY PC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenin_

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. I
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2016
Would love to see some in game content

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Well the ingame content is tricky at the moment because my pc is acting up meaning any maps i have done cant be accessed.

Hey dragonnite, are you doing anything for the rollerskates, the updated bike and surf movement? Just curious.

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Hey people, no new in game footage yet, but our dear programmer, Dragonnite added some nifty features which he said that worked:

WORKING fairy type added
Abilities added:
Refrigirate(or something like that, I'm to lazy to look it up right now xD), which changes normal type attacks to ice type attacks.
arealate, which changes normal type attacks to flying type attacks.
pixiliate, which changes normal type attacks to fairy type attacks.

In development:
Roller skates, they will eventually allow 8 directional movement.

Everstone overbreeding: The everstone will serve as a special kind of eviolite cousin. While you can't evolve your pokémon AND baby pokemon(Cleffa, Pichu, Smoochum etc) won't get an overbreed boost, the everstone will give non fully evolved pokémon a stat boost called an overbreed boost. More details will have to wait because this is VERY EARLY in development.
Horde Battles: Again, VERY EARLY in development, Dragonnite stated it works, but it's still very buggy.

That was all for today people! :D

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Hey people, no new in game footage yet, but our dear programmer, Dragonnite added some nifty features which he said that worked:

WORKING fairy type added
Abilities added:
Refrigirate(or something like that, I'm to lazy to look it up right now xD), which changes normal type attacks to ice type attacks.
arealate, which changes normal type attacks to flying type attacks.
pixiliate, which changes normal type attacks to fairy type attacks.

In development:
Roller skates, they will eventually allow 8 directional movement.

Everstone overbreeding: The everstone will serve as a special kind of eviolite cousin. While you can't evolve your pokémon AND baby pokemon(Cleffa, Pichu, Smoochum etc) won't get an overbreed boost, the everstone will give non fully evolved pokémon a stat boost called an overbreed boost. More details will have to wait because this is VERY EARLY in development.
Horde Battles: Again, VERY EARLY in development, Dragonnite stated it works, but it's still very buggy.

That was all for today people! :D
Sweet and I will point out that roller skates go the same speed as running (I confirmed this when I was playing x.

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
I would like to make a suggestion regarding the movement. Set up walk/run with 8 way as well but grid based and do a more digimon world ds like 8 way for rollerskate the bike and surfing,

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
I'm planning to add 8-directional support later when we've got the correct overworld sprites. Regular gen 3, 4 and 5 overworld sprites don't support this.

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Would love to see some in game content

No real gameplay yet, since Dragonnite is still busy for us to program some needs for the game, but how would you like to see some X and Y sprites in battle? Please note that this is just the pokemon essentials I use to try some things out. This isn't the pokémon essentials that is used for XY PC. And I didn't change the battle backgrounds or anything, I just imported the sprites and changed lucarios moveset a bit.

XY PC will use these sprites in battle.

Credits to Baby Dialga for the X and Y sprites

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
No real gameplay yet, since Dragonnite is still busy for us to program some needs for the game, but how would you like to see some X and Y sprites in battle? Please note that this is just the pokemon essentials I use to try some things out. This isn't the pokémon essentials that is used for XY PC. And I didn't change the battle backgrounds or anything, I just imported the sprites and changed lucarios moveset a bit.

XY PC will use these sprites in battle.

Credits to Baby Dialga for the X and Y sprites
I have a couple of questions.
Q1) are the pokemon sprites going to end up animated?
Q2)Are the battels goint to be set up so you see the weather instead of the same friggen
weather msg every round?

FlexxGaming

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
I have a couple of questions.
Q1) are the pokemon sprites going to end up animated?
Q2)Are the battels goint to be set up so you see the weather instead of the same friggen
weather msg every round?

A1) The sprites are already animated.
A2) I need to check out what pokemon essentials does with this, you could expect something anyways.

PEOPLE, the battle backgrounds have been inserted correctly. The pokémon sprites still need to be repositioned(and maybe resized, but the latter won't happen for a while). We're also planning to add a mega Blastoise Y and mega Venasaur Y the designs will be uploaded later.

Besides that:
HELP WANTED
Are you decent in 3d modeling, and do you want to model some of our custom mega pokémon? Then you can send your application via deviantart.

Proceleon

Pokemon Designer
Years
New artist, Proceleon here. The artwork for Mega Blastoise Y has been done, both for the front and the back and the front artwork or Mega Venusaur Y is done too.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
New artist, Proceleon here. The artwork for Mega Blastoise Y has been done, both for the front and the back and the front artwork or Mega Venusaur Y is done too.
Mega%20Blastoise%20Y.final.png

Good work proceleon

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
A1) The sprites are already animated.
A2) I need to check out what pokemon essentials does with this, you could expect something anyways.

PEOPLE, the battle backgrounds have been inserted correctly. The pokémon sprites still need to be repositioned(and maybe resized, but the latter won't happen for a while). We're also planning to add a mega Blastoise Y and mega Venasaur Y the designs will be uploaded later.

Besides that:
HELP WANTED
Are you decent in 3d modeling, and do you want to model some of our custom mega pokémon? Then you can send your application via deviantart.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Welcome to the team. and the Mega Blastoise Y looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back