• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution Failure

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Maruno i deleted my RGSS102E.dll Then tried to evolve my Pokémon and it evolved without any error so i assume Ptisjunk has the RGSS102E.dll In his game folder

Just asking did you try evolving a pokemon in The backup version of the essentials?

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
The only thing I can think of is what Maruno asked, 'Are you sure you have a file called RGSS102E.dll in your game's folder?'

The file is there, the RGSS103J.dll is also there

EDIT. ppooookkkkkkk I have tried, yes, and crashes there too

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Maruno I checked out on v9 and evolution works.

ppooookkkkkkk i deleted, still crashing (i think u only need to have the rgss103j on the folder in order to play the game on a pc without RMXP installed)

also, i found out that when the text box "Huh? (...)" appears, the arrow stop flashing and the sprite starts spinning without clicking Enter

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
...RGSS103j.dll, Try deleting this file.
This suggestion should work. Essentials has never had a file of that name (with a "J" at the end) in it, and shouldn't have it either.

Open the Game.ini file in your game's folder and check which RGSS file it refers to. It should refer to the "E" file, which is the only one you should have.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
This suggestion should work. Essentials has never had a file of that name (with a "J" at the end) in it, and shouldn't have it either.

Open the Game.ini file in your game's folder and check which RGSS file it refers to. It should refer to the "E" file, which is the only one you should have.

It's working now! On the Game.ini was refering to the J. Thank you to all of you! :D

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

That "J" is because the file is from the japanese RMXP. That's why the game crashes probably, but if he installed the japanese/unknown sources rpg maker it will keep crashing, since the .dll he has on the system will also be different.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years

Actually, "J" is used in Japanese versions of RPG Maker XP, though that dll sounds like the one used in VX Ace o_O

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
I've the Brazilian RMXP, which I think it's a translation of the Japanese version :) So, probably that's why the 103J appeared on the Game.ini , I think

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I've the Brazilian RMXP, which I think it's a translation of the Japanese version :) So, probably that's why the 103J appeared on the Game.ini , I think

Jsyk, that is also an illegal version of the program, so that may also cause errors in the future.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Until now, no errors :D ... I use it coz it's easier to work (I'm portuguese :) ) and I didn't find any link to download it in English, only the japanese one...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
At the fist post I guessed the exact scenario and solution. For some reason the evolution scene won't work in this lib. Now you need to edit the ini every time that you test your game or this bug will happen again.

About the libs: How about using a most modern lib (like RGSS104E.dll) in the Essentials package?

Meanwhile, I suggest Maruno to put the lib note (in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages#Other_errors) in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:How_to_use_Essentials

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
At the fist post I guessed the exact scenario and solution. For some reason the evolution scene won't work in this lib. Now you need to edit the ini every time that you test your game or this bug will happen again.

About the libs: How about using a most modern lib (like RGSS104E.dll) in the Essentials package?

Meanwhile, I suggest Maruno to put the lib note (in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages#Other_errors) in http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:How_to_use_Essentials
I don't know anything about the library files, and it'd be a large pain to fix any problems that using a different library might create (unless you feel like testing and debugging every single line of code?). The correct library file already comes with Essentials, so it's not as though it's impossible to fix. Even if I used a newer library file, this problem would still occur anyway.

This problem and solution already exists on the wiki, as you say, in the aptly-named "Error messages" page. I really don't think this problem is common enough to warrant a mention anywhere else.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I don't know anything about the library files, and it'd be a large pain to fix any problems that using a different library might create (unless you feel like testing and debugging every single line of code?). The correct library file already comes with Essentials, so it's not as though it's impossible to fix. Even if I used a newer library file, this problem would still occur anyway.

This problem and solution already exists on the wiki, as you say, in the aptly-named "Error messages" page. I really don't think this problem is common enough to warrant a mention anywhere else.
Every edit that I made on my RPG Maker, the ini goes to RGSS104E.dll. I made a entire game and several changes in recent Essentials versions and didn't come with this kind of crash. So I think that RGSS104E.dll is stable enough to change the main kit and let's the people test.

For every game/demo, if the developer didn't change the ini to RGSS102E.dll, the players won't able to play the game if they didn't have the same lib installed or in the folder, so if the dev forget to change the ini (keeps RGSS104E.dll) and release the game, only the people that have RGSS104E.dll that come with the RPG Maker instalation 1.04 will be able to play it (or notice and fix the ini error).

But I understand your point. The demos/games are so rare that the people that manage it generally fix this problem. Let's wait util more people request this (or have problems with this).

Back