• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This is really odd now.
She moves after the 2nd Speech.
But moves left once. and then it freezes.
But nowhere in the script does it tell her to move left.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Well, if it works in 1.1.1, then I guess I should upgrade...thanks for checking into it. It totally baffled me!

It still bafles me, after comparing the hex code, it was exactly the same! I don't get it. But yeah, once you get through the slightly different commands, it is very good. My favorite new feature is the pop up while your typeing to let you know what parameters go with each command. No more hitting F1 all the time!xD

Years
@nintendork- can you post the script again, please? That is really strange...

@karatekid- I found a download, and I'm getting the suscript error everyone does...but I don't have a readme file to fix. Do you know what I can do?

karatekid552

Years
This is really odd now.
She moves after the 2nd Speech.
But moves left once. and then it freezes.
But nowhere in the script does it tell her to move left.

Are you recompiling this dynamically each time? Or editing what is already in the rom? If you are just editing what is in the rom, anything that takes up more room, such as a new commad, is going to overwrite and affect more data.

When I'm compiling a script, I will make a back-up copy of my rom, then continually recompile it dynamically until it is finally right. I will then save that script, delete my current rom and open the back-up and the insert the saved script. This saves me the wasted space of testing a script over and over while also preventing me from overwriting data.

@karatekid- I found a download, and I'm getting the suscript error everyone does...but I don't have a readme file to fix. Do you know what I can do?

Let me email you my exact working copy that has worked in even the most extreme problem cases. Like the one my friend had a couple of pages ago that I asked DrFuji about. If you don't allow vCard download, could you pm me your email? You already have the program, so there is no harm in me emailing it you.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

'-----------------------
#org 0x800C00
setvar 0x7000 0x1
checkflag 0x7
if 0x1 goto 0x8800338
applymovement 0x1 0x880033B
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880033E '"Mum: Oh [player]!\nYou're up!"
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x1 0x880035C
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800361 '"Mum: A letter came for you today.\n..."
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x1 0x6C8004C2
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x800338
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80033B
#raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 1 'Face Up
#raw FE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80035C
#raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 3 'Face Right

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80033E
= Mum: Oh [player]!\nYou're up!

#org 0x800361
= Mum: A letter came for you today.\nHere I'll read it:\p''Dear [player],\nWe've recieved a Parcel for you from Maxi,\pplease make haste and collect it\nFrom, Worseth Town PO.\pMum: Hmmm, A parcel huh?\nGo ask Maxi, he might help ya!\pBut ... I guess this means, you'll\nbe leaving on a journey.\pHuh, me?\nOh don't worry, I'll be fine.\pGo have some fun.

Are you recompiling this dynamically each time? Or editing what is already in the rom? If you are just editing what is in the rom, anything that takes up more room, such as a new commad, is going to overwrite and affect more data.

When I'm compiling a script, I will make a back-up copy of my rom, then continually recompile it dynamically until it is finally right. I will then save that script, delete my current rom and open the back-up and the insert the saved script. This saves me the wasted space of testing a script over and over while also preventing me from overwriting data.

Let me email you my exact working copy that has worked in even the most extreme problem cases. Like the one my friend had a couple of pages ago that I asked DrFuji about. If you don't allow vCard download, could you pm me your email? You already have the program, so there is no harm in me emailing it you.

Tried that.
She still goes the wrong way.

karatekid552

Years
'-----------------------
#org 0x800C00
setvar 0x7000 0x1
checkflag 0x7
if 0x1 goto 0x8800338
applymovement 0x1 0x880033B
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880033E '"Mum: Oh [player]!\nYou're up!"
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x1 0x880035C
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800361 '"Mum: A letter came for you today.\n..."
callstd 0x6
applymovement 0x1 0x6C8004C2
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x800338
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80033B
#raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 1 'Face Up

#org 0x80035C
#raw 3 'Face Right

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80033E
= Mum: Oh [player]!\nYou're up!

#org 0x800361
= Mum: A letter came for you today.\nHere I'll read it:\p''Dear [player],\nWe've recieved a Parcel for you from Maxi,\pplease make haste and collect it\nFrom, Worseth Town PO.\pMum: Hmmm, A parcel huh?\nGo ask Maxi, he might help ya!\pBut ... I guess this means, you'll\nbe leaving on a journey.\pHuh, me?\nOh don't worry, I'll be fine.\pGo have some fun.

Tried that.
She still goes the wrong way.

Where is your third apply movement? If it just wasn't accidentally not posted, that could be the problem. It's pointing to random numbers that it's reading as movements.

Years
Also, still no lock at the beginning. I don't know how big of a deal that is, but at the very least you don't want to be able to wakl away in the middle of it...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Where is your third apply movement? If it just wasn't accidentally not posted, that could be the problem. It's pointing to random numbers that it's reading as movements.

Oh my yes.

Re wrote it, compiled it, closed window, re opened, and it's deleted itself.

I don't know why ?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Oh my yes.

Re wrote it, compiled it, closed window, re opened, and it's deleted itself.

I don't know why ?

I don't know if this is related, but the move up in fire red and leaf green are different (In LG it moves you right I think). If you're not using fire red perhaps those move up and move down raws are mixed up. Could be wrong, but worth a shot :D

Years
Thanks Doesnt and karatekid.

But now I'm having one small problem...

I'm copying the original mart text verbatim, only changing the beginning offset and the offset of the mart items (and of course, the mart items themselves). But now, when I test the marts in-game, some of them work and others don't bring up the buy menu, seemingly at random...

Spoiler:
Back again...I tried recompiling with xse 1.1.1, to no avail. Some of the time I can make it work still and other times I can't. The last time I made it work, it was displaying "Please come again!" twice...which is weird...but then again this whole thing is very strange.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Funny story guys. I got frustrated and decided to start the marts over again using one of my backups. Besides using XSE 1.1.1, everything I did was the same. Admittedly, I told A-Map to use later offsets on the off chance that had anything to do with it. I also noticed that when you create a person event behind the counter, the movement permission changes to 0 (no idea if that matters either, just an observation). Annnnnnnd...

It works. Or so it seems. WEIRD. Anyway, with my luck I'll be back in 5 minutes saying it doesn't work after all, but for now...thanks for the help.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I can't seem to compile this, I keep getting the error "Unknown keyword "" at line 129" Any ideas?

In XSE, line 129 is empty.

This is a script for Fire Red.

Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I can't seem to compile this, I keep getting the error "Unknown keyword "" at line 129" Any ideas?

In XSE, line 129 is empty.

This is a script for Fire Red.

Spoiler:

I can't replicate that error and I can't ever recall something like this happening. I'd suggest shifting the parts of your script around and see if you can fill line 129 with something. The easiest thing to do this is probably putting your big block of applymovements/ msgboxes at the end of the script.

Hopefully that stops XSE from glitching out but I'm really not sure what caused this in the first place :/

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I can't replicate that error and I can't ever recall something like this happening. I'd suggest shifting the parts of your script around and see if you can fill line 129 with something. The easiest thing to do this is probably putting your big block of applymovements/ msgboxes at the end of the script.

Hopefully that stops XSE from glitching out but I'm really not sure what caused this in the first place :/
Thanks for the help, Fuji.

I tried it out, but sadly, it didn't work. However, one thing I did notice is that where @Far went, the error always followed. For instance, say the following lines were 127 (the pointer), 128 (the text), and 129 (the blank line):
Spoiler:

The error would occur on 129. If I moved those same 3 lines (or even just the two containing the pointer and text) to a different location, regardless of what is in the following line, it would give me the same error.

I then tried removing @Far, and low and behold, it compiled...which is a problem, since that's one of my most important text strings.

Any idea on why this is happening?

karatekid552

Years

I tried it out, but sadly, it didn't work. However, one thing I did notice is that where @Far went, the error always followed. For instance, say the following lines were 127 (the pointer), 128 (the text), and 129 (the blank line):
Spoiler:

The error would occur on 129. If I moved those same 3 lines (or even just the two containing the pointer and text) to a different location, regardless of what is in the following line, it would give me the same error.

I then tried removing @Far, and low and behold, it compiled...which is a problem, since that's one of my most important text strings.

I noticed that when I attempted to compile it, there were points at which the enter/return (depending on your keyboard) had been hit to go to the next line in the middle of a text. These caused errors in similar areas. Are you sure that every single set of text is just on one line?

Other than that, it compiled just fine.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017

Spoiler:

I've also had this same problem happen to me, basically if I have some kind of small mistake with the text, I'll go back and fix it, but then when I compile it, the unknown keyword will show up like it did for you. I've even tried deleting the line with the error, then it'll just go to the next line with the redone text. I've tried copy and pasting it into a new script, same problem. Basically all you can really do is just make the whole script over again. At least that's what worked for me. I don't know any technical reasons as to what causes it though.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Spoiler:

Whenever I say yes to nickname it goes to the image of a clock. Help please...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Spoiler:

Whenever I say yes to nickname it goes to the image of a clock. Help please...
What game are you hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back