• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ebony And Ivory

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
He wasn't referring to the tileset being in D/P style, he meant the region map. Yours is currently (vaguely, at least) in RSE style.
Well, I fail to see how that's a problem.

But yes, it needs a lot more detail putting in.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Updated with SOME plot info.
Also why would I use a D/P/PT type map that just seems stupid.
I WILL be adding shading to the map as soon as I know it is final.

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Well, I fail to see how that's a problem.

But yes, it needs a lot more detail putting in.

I don't think he pointed it out as a problem, but as a recommendation. The shading was what he said was a problem.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I will be adding shading as I said once I know the map is final ^_^.

Just a quick question, should I include secret bases? What is your opinion on it?

(Don't just say yes or no give reason.)

Last edited:
Years
I think you should concentrate on getting more actual features in before spending time making videos and adding in really minor things like bases. From the videos and the posts so far, there's nothing that really shouts out "I really want to play this game". You've worked out how to use the Pokécenter and Pokémart scripts and you've done a few events, but there's nothing spectacular there.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Well, what do you recommend adding? I want this game as I said to be closely like pokemon, so I would love to hear other peoples inputs and if something seems like a good idea I will do it.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Well, what do you recommend adding? I want this game as I said to be closely like pokemon, so I would love to hear other peoples inputs and if something seems like a good idea I will do it.

People simply don't like the same old Pokemon game because very few are going to make it as high as a quality. Not too mention the developers add new features with new games in the first place.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Alright I will try to come up with an original idea to add in, thank you for the help.

Years
Also, I noticed a lot of spelling and grammar errors (apostrophes where they're not needed, "gaurd" repeated several times etc) so if you want someone to proof read stuff like that, I've got a knack for it.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
When did gaurd repeat several times?

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
A quick update people! I have 50% finished the safari zone, it is based on islands so surfing is valuable there. Progress is going smoothly and I only have to put in around two or three hours work until a demo!(Up to the first gym) Though it will be very buggy...

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
hahaha i dont mean to flame but this sounds like a horrible x rated just add some bad misic and you got yourself a movie idea...lmao although its not a bad idea just brought a smile to my face

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
never mind back on topic i was havin an adult moment...

Back