• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
What's Altomore?

Altomore is an island south of Azalea Town, accessible via ferry docked in Cherrygrove. Altomore is seen in Pokemon: Heroes (the movie with Lati@s) I was suggesting you to implement this island because Lati@s are the guardians of this island and this is where the Soul Dew lies (according to the movie). So we can catch Lati@s and obtain the Soul Dew here.

Or if you wanna make this more fun we you can script the events of the movie in and change the story around to include the protagonist in the events...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Altomore is an island south of Azalea Town, accessible via ferry docked in Cherrygrove. Altomore is seen in Pokemon: Heroes (the movie with Lati@s) I was suggesting you to implement this island because Lati@s are the guardians of this island and this is where the Soul Dew lies (according to the movie). So we can catch Lati@s and obtain the Soul Dew here.

Or if you wanna make this more fun we you can script the events of the movie in and change the story around to include the protagonist in the events...

That would be a good idea, but certain parts of the movie would be impossible to script. ( The Town's water receding, ect )

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I never watched the fourth movie :(
But I agree. In some of the past movies of pokemon I watched some parts would be incredibly hard to script (Like the first one :) ) But it was a good idea anyway.

cpsp

Hack Lover
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
Looks like you've got a pretty good hack so far!

I have a couple of questions. First, i haven't battled my rival. I'm sure i'm
using a new alpha.
Also, in ELM's lab, are you supposed to walk on half the machine that
heals ur pokes in the game? (top corner)

Well anyway. good luck. looks like you're nearly realesing the beta,
am i right?

Years
thx for uploding to another mirror
btw u wrote 2 times http//, fix that
well im gonna try now the current beta ^^"

a bug when u take pokemon, i chose a nickname for my Dratini [ from the quiz ] and then I was that granny and got stucked... ><
that the 1st bug above, I can't pick a pokemon without getting stucked [ can't take the quiz ]
and Gible have only 1 Icon so the Icon animation is kinda screwed.

Last edited:

KaniTheri

The Lopunny Queen
Years
Thus far I'm really loving the plot scripting, it's far and away the best I've ever seen in a Romhack. The beginning event was wholly unique and really engaging, and since typically I lose interest in a hack immediately it's really impressive that it's held my attention this long. There are a few minor errors in grammar and spelling, but insofar as I recall you mentioned this in your to-do list in the OP.

Really awesome work, I'm enjoying the congenial relationship the main character seems to have with the rival too. It's something you don't encounter very often and makes it more interesting.

Last edited:

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2011
Wow this game looks good. But how come u only get 2 starters?

That was the old pre-alpha.

The new pre-alpha has five starters in which you take a quiz to determine which one is gonna be yours...

Oh and thethethethe:

Do you plan to put in the Gible line's cries in?
And why did you not implement Clair's sprite as seen in the old pre-alpha?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
uhh..im sorry if this was already said but...after u take the quiz and receive ur pokemon...and u go anywhere in the room [without exiting]...and press start and view ur pokemon...after u exit the pokemon list and the menu, ur character switches into the old grandma...or the person that now replaces the old grandma, a similar character of yours except with a white hat...eventually u get stuck as u can not go past the boundary.....i would post a screenshot if i knew how to..plz post back how i can post a screenshot of some sort so i can make this ezier to understand..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
You don't have to post a screen, we understand you as this was already answered.
It is one out of many bugs in the new alpha.
I think thethethethe is fixing them.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Didn't you say something about a new rom? Meh.
Unfortunately I cant download the new beta, because my computer is blocking it, but it doesn't matter. Because I can tell it's great if your getting some good feedback :).
I played the old beta, which was short. But I really enjoyed it :).

Good luck on fixing those bugs!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
shaunybaby said:
what rom does the patch need to be applied to?

Check the first post before posting these questions, it needs to be applied to a Fire Red ROM file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hmm...it doesn't appear he has done so, so sorry for my remark.

thethethethe maybe you are better off putting what ROM you are hacking into your first post so that people will know what it is.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm...it doesn't appear he has done so, so sorry for my remark.

thethethethe maybe you are better off putting what ROM you are hacking into your first post so that people will know what it is.

Blazichu... He already did...
Spoiler:

Please don't get me wrong.., but it was already there even before that member posted...
And as you said, please see the first post. It is not a Ruby hack...

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I don't know if you noticed, there is a tile mistake on the 18th screen. Good luck with this hack, seems pretty good at some points.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I remember thethethethe wanting this locked, seeing as the forum went back 4.5 days I became unlocked.

So I'll lock this again, PM Christos or myself if you want this open thethethethe.

*Locks*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back