• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I made a map and inserted some tiles and the map looks like this: (NOTE: Pay attention to the upper right corner's flowers.)
route2.png

When I play it looks like this!
glitch1flowersarestupid.png

When you edited the tileset and put in those flower tiles, did you put them on top of the rocks you see in the water? If you did, moving those flower tiles from on top of the rocks in the water to another vacant spot should do the trick :)

Years
Ok I think I understand. And by the #dynamic 0x.... How do I know what the offset is?

Always put #dynamic 0x800000.

XSE will automatically find any offsets available from 0x800000 and up.

It's also the safest to use as any lower could overwrite valuable data without meaning to.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I've seen the tag-along system implemented before, but it has many bugs. There's alot to it. For example, if you interact with another person or a signpost, the tagging-along person stops following you. Also, using applymovement and waitmovement cause the gameplay to be very jerky, since you have to stop afterwards and wait for the following character to make its step. Either way, it requires ASM and alot of patience.

Thank you for answering my question :) Being new at hacking, I would love to get that working, but probably should take my first hack slow and easy XD.

At this time, It is not possible to get it to work efficiently. It is still extremely glitchy and full of bugs. It's still under work now but don't expect it be working any time soon.

Also you would also require to do an ASM hack. A lot more complex then scripting.

If your new to hacking, you'd want to learn everything there is to know about scripting before moving onto ASM hacking.

Thank you for answering my question, as I'm working on my first hack, I don't think I'll attempt the tag-along system right now. But it is something I'd like to do later =p

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
I'm having an issue with trainerbattle 0x9 0x3 //@param1: One of the kinds of battles that allows a script to continue afterward
@param2: The reserve number needed to call the Oak style battle.
The problem is, when I use this command for a battle in which I have multiple pokemon,
whenever I switch out pokemon, the next pokemon and its box are invisible, and if they faint the foe, the xp is given to the first pokemon(unless I open my bag prior to fainting the foe, in which case the pokemon and its box become visible, and the battle continues
normally). Is there another reserve number I can use, or another command that I can call; or does an ASM routine need to be modified?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Always put #dynamic 0x800000.

XSE will automatically find any offsets available from 0x800000 and up.

It's also the safest to use as any lower could overwrite valuable data without meaning to.
It does not need to be 0x800000 ;) It can also start at 0x700000 ;) There's plenty of free space between 0x700000 and 0x800000 that can be used =D

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I want a good scripting tutorial. I only know a little bit about talking script and give item scripts. I want to learn more about scripting. Now my question: What is te best scripting tutorial, maby a few lessons? It's for Pokémon Fire Red.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
I want a good scripting tutorial. I only know a little bit about talking script and give item scripts. I want to learn more about scripting. Now my question: What is te best scripting tutorial, maby a few lessons? It's for Pokémon Fire Red.

I don't know if this is Firered I forgot but I learnt with diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial :)

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
I think the best one out the is diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial. It covers a lot. Next time go to the tutorial section and pick out one on your own in your own opinion so you receive what you want.

P0kemon Trainer Red

Dragon Type User
Years
How do I add a script to a Person Event?

I am using XSE and Advance Map. I am terrible at scripting. The only experience I have is screwing with talking scripts. I have a script that would give me a Magikarp. I need to know how to put it into the ROM, and then add it to a person event. I have the person, standing in Pallet Town. I just need to figure out how to add the script to him.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I am using XSE and Advance Map. I am terrible at scripting. The only experience I have is screwing with talking scripts. I have a script that would give me a Magikarp. I need to know how to put it into the ROM, and then add it to a person event. I have the person, standing in Pallet Town. I just need to figure out how to add the script to him.
You might want to read a scripting tutorial. Most of them have sections on inserting the script.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
How do you make a map totally from scratch?

I know how to edit pieces of the maps but I don't know how to link them together the way that I want.

redriders180

Years
How do you make a map totally from scratch?

I know how to edit pieces of the maps but I don't know how to link them together the way that I want.

To link all the pieces together, you need to make a tilemap, which is basically a file that says which piece goes where. The easiest way to make a Tilemap is to use a program called Nameless Tile Map Editor, or NTME. As for inserting the tilemap into the game, there's a tutorial somewhere I don't know.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
To link all the pieces together, you need to make a tilemap, which is basically a file that says which piece goes where. The easiest way to make a Tilemap is to use a program called Nameless Tile Map Editor, or NTME. As for inserting the tilemap into the game, there's a tutorial somewhere I don't know.
Thank you so much! *hugs*

I really appreciate it. :)

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a script from a tutorial:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= CHARIZARD: Raaarrgghh!

It's for Fire Red, but in XSE I got the error that Wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B is incorrect. Please help!

redriders180

Years
I have a script from a tutorial:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1

It's for Fire Red, but in XSE I got the error that Wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B is incorrect. Please help!

I just tried to compile your script, and it worked fine for me. If it's still not working, maybe redownload XSE. Also, I edited your script just a touch to make it work better:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x800F
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I just tried to compile your script, and it worked fine for me. If it's still not working, maybe redownload XSE. Also, I edited your script just a touch to make it work better:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x6 0x0
waitcry
wildbattle 0x6 0x1E 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x800F
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1

I still got this message
261zq1k.png

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
I guess it's time for me to ask a question:

I read somewhere that when you use the "setwildbattle", all the data of the Pokemon you set is written somewhere in the RAM or whatever, and can be changed, to make sure its a certain gender, or giving it different moves, and the like. I wanna know: does anyone knows where this data is stored, and how it's stored? I have to make some highly specific encounters, and this'd make the job alot easier.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I guess it's time for me to ask a question:

I read somewhere that when you use the "setwildbattle", all the data of the Pokemon you set is written somewhere in the RAM or whatever, and can be changed, to make sure its a certain gender, or giving it different moves, and the like. I wanna know: does anyone knows where this data is stored, and how it's stored? I have to make some highly specific encounters, and this'd make the job alot easier.

The wild Pokemon's data begins in FR's RAM at 0x0202402C and you can change aspects of the wildbattle by using the command 'setbytetooffset'. You can change a few things with this, such as the Pokemon's stats and nickname (You can see the data structure utilised here). For example, if I wanted to fight a level 5 Bulbasaur with 255 Special Defense specifically an excerpt of the script will look like this:

Code:
setwildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0
writebytetooffset 0xFF 0x202408E
dowildbattle

Unfortunately, a lot of the 'meat' (PokeRus infection, EVs, moves, happiness etc.) is encrypted/ DMAC protected meaning that it cannot be read/ easily edited without ASM to unlock it - JPAN's engine has the ability do this, but it is limited to only the party Pokemon at this time. This locked information is all located in the 'data' segment that you can see in the article I linked earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back