• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
idk I just thought I'd start a thread on it.

WVW69joZFhI4F-5Fu5

The most recent entry in the Xeno multiverse, XCX is basically an open-world JRPG that came out December of last year.

I like the game quite a lot really. It ticks a lot of boxes for me (character customization, mechs, and how relatively painless (though ultimately still boring) grinding is compared to just about every other JRPG I've played, to name a few) and I love how I'm nearly 390 hours in and I can still find nooks and crannies of Mira I haven't explored yet, or treasures I haven't opened yet, and still have tyrants to kill, and quests to complete (if I could find the starting point for them anyway), and still have yet to 100% survey every section of the planet, etc.

WVW69joZJHs163LiuQ

The game is not without its flaws though. Much of the story is average in quality and underdeveloped, though I think that this is in part because it was designed to have a sequel from the very beginning (but the good part of the "story" is the stuff outside of the main story, ie seeing how life on Mira changes and grows and the backstory of the various people of NLA via affinity and regular missions). A lot of the game mechanics are, even if you read the in-game manual, not clear/difficult to understand. The little reports things that appear in the bottom left of the screen are basically all memes and in-jokes and bullshit. And a host of very minor details that could be better.

Does anyone still play this game besides me? Whatcha all think of it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Nice, wasn't expecting an XCX thread!

I got this a few months ago and have been playing it on and off. I'm digging the story but absolutely despise all the damn grinding. I dunno, it just feels a little blown out of proportion. I wish they took the time to try and think of a better way to explore the world, because really—it's a gorgeous world. The art, the music, all the creatures and the way they all interact and the sheer scale of it—it's super impressive. Just a lot of dumb grinding. And somewhat dubious controls, too... don't wanna get into too many spoilers but you get a new form of transport after a few hours into the game and for the life of me I still can't figure out how to control the damn thing with some level of precision.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Nice, wasn't expecting an XCX thread!

I got this a few months ago and have been playing it on and off. I'm digging the story but absolutely despise all the damn grinding. I dunno, it just feels a little blown out of proportion. I wish they took the time to try and think of a better way to explore the world, because really—it's a gorgeous world. The art, the music, all the creatures and the way they all interact and the sheer scale of it—it's super impressive. Just a lot of dumb grinding. And somewhat dubious controls, too... don't wanna get into too many spoilers but you get a new form of transport after a few hours into the game and for the life of me I still can't figure out how to control the damn thing with some level of precision.
The game is kind of a commitment in some ways, and I suppose not meant for everyone due to that. I don't really mind the grinding in the game since you can sort of do it while exploring and shit, and the game makes it better than in some games I've played, and I think it gets a little better as time goes on. Or maybe just after playing several Disgaea titles and spending nearly 3 weeks hunting for a Spread Needle in PSO I have a warped sense of what makes grinding good/bad lol.

If you're talking about Skells when you mean transport, making it turn in vehicle mode by turning the camera instead of turning with the stick works a little better, but most of the time you'll want to stick to non-vehicle mode really.

Back