• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prons

Boogiepop Penguin
Years
Got my first theme deck and booster pack in over a decade!

I got the toxic tricks theme deck and haven't been beaten on TCGOnline yet. I really like the Scolipede card.

My Emerging Powers booster came with some nice cards, including a reverse holo (That's when the card is shiny but the picture isn't, right?) of Audnio and a full-card art Tornadus. I don't know how rare or not rare they are, but they're cool looking.

I assume they don't, but I just wanted to confirm, the HS4 theme decks don't come with codes to be played on Pokemon TCGO, correct? They're on Amazon cheap right now, but 99% of my playing is probably going to be online, if not I'll probably save up and get more EP Boosters and the other theme deck

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Bought 1 jungle booster, 5 fossils and 6 base set boosters along with 3 or 4 theme decks

I'll have Vaporeon, Gyarados, Muk, Lapras, Charizard, Machamp, Blastoise & Hitmonchan holo cards plus whatever i get in the boosters.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
I bought 2 emboar tins at Target and pulled only two good cards which is Pachirisu and Ursaring Prime... Talking about two expensive cards lol...

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Could've been worse. :P

Could've been where you bought 15 boosters and got 3 decent rares. It's happened to me before.

lol, that has to suck. Do you happen to know how much the new tins are going to run when they are released? I am contemplating on preordering on ebay.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Bought a shadowless booster pack from the original series for around $50 AU. I am telling you it better have a holo in it!. GRRR haha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Spoilt myself today and bought a 1st edition fossil booster box containing 36 booster packs for $260 bucks, not including postage. I am awating a Jungle box to come to light on Ebay a well, There is one but they are normal and not 1st edition so would obviously prefer the first edition version. Not even going to bother with a base set 1st edition box because they go for several thousand i've heard. Cheapest 1st edition booster pack i've seen for base set is $160 that is in english. Not worth it if you miss out on a holo and i don't think i am willing to take that chance to get a trainer star card.

As mentioned above i bought a shadowless booster which was like $50 which is more around the figure i am willing to gamble.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Received five fossil boosters in the mail, not 1st edition stamp. Wasn't smart enough to realise that the 1st edition packs isn't that much more. But I got a 2 out of 5 holo strike rate. Got a Magneton fossil and a Lapras (which is my 2nd holo Lapras.

1st ed Fossil Booster box should be arriving tomorrow <3 and hopefully my base set shadowless booster pack.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
I might be buying a ND Booster box today so I will update this post if I do! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Bought a booster box! :D

Bought a booster box from this guy on ebay and saved $30. I cant wait until the cards come I am so excited. Every time I do this it is like Christmas Morning. :D Here is the site you guys should check him out.

ebay .com/itm/170780014602ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
I opened a box of Next Destinies today and pulled these:

FA Shaymin EX
Zekrom EX
Kyurem EX
Shiny Emboar

5 each of Prism Energy, Skyarrow Bridge, Pokemon Center, Cilan, Heavy Ball, and Level Ball
4 Double Colorless Energy

Reverse holo DCE, Prism Energy, Skyarrow Bridge, Pokemon Center, Heavy Ball, and Cilan

I also picked up a Mewtwo Collection box yesterday and pulled a normal Regigigas EX.

I'm getting three more boxes of Next Destinies tomorrow, so I'll post the contents of those boxes tomorrow.

EDIT: Opened the three boxes, these were my major pulls:

Box 1

Reshiram EX
Mewtwo EX
FA Mewtwo EX!
Shiny Zoroark

Yes, it is possible to pull two Mewtwo in one box!

Box 2

Regigigas EX
Mewtwo EX
FA Kyurem EX
Shiny Emboar

Box 3

Regigigas EX
Zekrom EX
FA Kyurem EX (again)

Definitely four awesome boxes overall. It's especially cool that three of the four boxes had a Shiny in them, as the odds were supposedly 1 every three boxes. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
if 1 shiny out of every 3 boxes is true then it must be the same for platinum: arceus, except for i only got 7 packs and found a shiny shinx card and a shiny ponyta card

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Oh my...i

I just got Mewtwo EX from Next Destinies. Best day of my life. Also hit a Charizard Blister and Noble Victories Pack. Should I buy a booster box for next destinies?

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
if 1 shiny out of every 3 boxes is true then it must be the same for platinum: arceus, except for i only got 7 packs and found a shiny shinx card and a shiny ponyta card
They seem to change the pull rate of Shinies every time they bring them back to the TCG. For the Platinum series, the odds of pulling a Shiny is about 1 every 36 packs (1 per booster box).

Anyway, I picked up 12 more packs of Next Destinies today, and pulled a normal Reshiram EX.

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
I bought 3 boxes of ND and got

1 Reshiram EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Zekrom EX
2 Kyurem EX
1 Regigigas EX
1 FA Mewtwo EX
1 FA Zekrom EX
1 FA Shaymin EX
1 Shiny Zoroark. (I was hoping for Chandelure, but oh well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back