• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
I'm actually really excited about the fact that some of the old gym leaders will be replaced and we'll get introduced to new ones.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but if Basic Badge is the first one the player will get then that could mean either two things. It might be that Cilan, Chili and Cress will have another role in the game or then they just don't have a gym at their possession anymore or have been ranked up. So they might just have become stronger and taken the place of for example fourth gym.

Nevertheless I'm quite happy that there's again a gym leader who uses Poison type because the only one so far has been Koga and he left to join Johto Elite Four later on. Shizui in the other hands, I'm really disappointed. We've had during these last five generations too many gym leaders using Water type i.e. Misty, Wallace who became Hoenn Champion in Emerald, Juan, Crasher Wake and now this new one. Ugh.

Personally I'd wanted to see a gym leader who'd been using Dark type for example because there hasn't been a single one of them so far. Hopefully also Unova Elite Four will be changed more or less. I didn't really care to battle agains such weak trainers who are supposed to be E4 after all. But enough about that in this topic.

By far I'm pretty satisfied for the information that's been revealed already because in B&W gym leaders were really poor and didn't stand a match at all. ^_^ Maybe it all changes now in B&W2.

blue

gucci
Years
I too hope most of the gym leaders are replaced, after all we don't know about Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Drayden & Iris so potentially they could all be replaced with different typings hopefully including Dark and other low used types.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
I'd personally want to ditch all of them actually. Even though Johto's gym leaders are said to be the weakest ones they gave a challenge still. Unova's were the worst by far. I really hated especially Elesa, Clay and Skyla because they were so... irritating and weak.

And I don't understand why they all had only three pokémons in their teams?! Like, they were underleveled and then only three. No challenge at all in that.

I'd be glad if at least they changed for example Burgh, Elesa and Skyla's looks and teams to be a bit more challenging. Clay and Brycen could be just assigned to have like another role in the games or something like that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'd personally want to ditch all of them actually. Even though Johto's gym leaders are said to be the weakest ones they gave a challenge still. Unova's were the worst by far. I really hated especially Elesa, Clay and Skyla because they were so... irritating and weak.

And I don't understand why they all had only three pokémons in their teams?! Like, they were underleveled and then only three. No challenge at all in that.

I'd be glad if at least they changed for example Burgh, Elesa and Skyla's looks and teams to be a bit more challenging. Clay and Brycen could be just assigned to have like another role in the games or something like that.
Aw, Clay was so amazing.

I don't really understand why they only had three Pokémon too, and I hope these sequels fix that. I mean if Shizui is indeed the third gym, he has three Pokémon and it just can't stay that way for the rest of the gyms. That would suck.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Aw, Clay was so amazing.

I don't really understand why they only had three Pokémon too, and I hope these sequels fix that. I mean if Shizui is indeed the third gym, he has three Pokémon and it just can't stay that way for the rest of the gyms. That would suck.

If Shizui is in that place where Undella bay used to be he may be fourth or fifth Gym. So we may still have the 3 Pokemon limitation.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
"Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)"

So I'll assume he'll have a Patrat & Lillipup or something like that although as other people have said it would be more fitting for him to have a full team of Normal types.
Yeah unfortunately that will be what his team looks like. Hopefully his full team turns out like this.
474.gif
143.gif
508.gif
626.gif
295.gif
468.gif

Yeah, I don't think he's a gym leader this time around. The scan says he was a gym leader in BW. All the others say they are gym leaders. It looks from the scan like he's gone into movie making.
Yeah when I saw Pokewood I didn't get the feeling he would be. Maybe he battles but in a Pokewood way.

If Brycen isn't a gym leader then it's either two things, one there's a couple of more new undiscovered Gym leaders or two Shikima (Water leader) takes his place. Yes he has 3 Pokémon but so did Brycen at that point in the game.
Shizui takes his place? How so, unless they just don't have a Gym in Icirrus. Either thing it is almost invitiable that we will get more new Gym leaders anyways. So far we have two need and one confirmed replacement for Lenora. Not to mention they could still have a gym in Nacrene but just remodel the gym to a different type.

I'm actually really excited about the fact that some of the old gym leaders will be replaced and we'll get introduced to new ones.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but if Basic Badge is the first one the player will get then that could mean either two things. It might be that Cilan, Chili and Cress will have another role in the game or then they just don't have a gym at their possession anymore or have been ranked up. So they might just have become stronger and taken the place of for example fourth gym.

Nevertheless I'm quite happy that there's again a gym leader who uses Poison type because the only one so far has been Koga and he left to join Johto Elite Four later on. Shizui in the other hands, I'm really disappointed. We've had during these last five generations too many gym leaders using Water type i.e. Misty, Wallace who became Hoenn Champion in Emerald, Juan, Crasher Wake and now this new one. Ugh.

Personally I'd wanted to see a gym leader who'd been using Dark type for example because there hasn't been a single one of them so far. Hopefully also Unova Elite Four will be changed more or less. I didn't really care to battle agains such weak trainers who are supposed to be E4 after all. But enough about that in this topic.

By far I'm pretty satisfied for the information that's been revealed already because in B&W gym leaders were really poor and didn't stand a match at all. ^_^ Maybe it all changes now in B&W2.
For the Trio I think there is definitely more then two options. They could also stay at Striation, its just the gym order is changed. The only reason that they would be a fourth gym is due to the placing the Player starts, more then them being a whole lot stronger.

Janine has be a Poison Gym Leader as well since he replaced Koga after he got promoted to the Elite Four.

Water is the most common Type in pokemon so its not surprising that Water has seen some many Gyms over the Generations.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I could see a Grass type gym in Nacrene, if they put more ivy on the buildings. We don't know if it will even be accessible, however. Are those rumors about a Stevia disproved? If not, then she might be there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like to see Grass too, perhaps they could make a new town covered in old style ivy covered buildings and put it there...
I would also like to see a Dark type gothic looking gym in these games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I could see a Grass type gym in Nacrene, if they put more ivy on the buildings. We don't know if it will even be accessible, however. Are those rumors about a Stevia disproved? If not, then she might be there.

Nah Striaton, not Nacrene. It has more of the old grassy feel, plussss you have like the water garden around there too. That could've expanded and became something more!

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Janine has be a Poison Gym Leader as well since he replaced Koga after he got promoted to the Elite Four.

Well, it depends on how you look at these things. Technicly there has been two Poison Gym Leaders because Koga's daughter (correct me if I remember she being his daughter) replaced him while he left to join Johto's Elite Four.

And in the same time through these five generations so far there has been just ONE Gym that specializes in Poison type. It's just that the leader of the Gym was replaced.

Still, happy to see a completely new Poison Gym in Unova. ^_^

blue

gucci
Years
6.jpg

Going by this image and assuming they stick to the usual pattern as they did in BW, it looks like Cheren will have a Level 11 Patrat and a Level 13 something (most likely lillipup) although I hope it's slightly stronger Pokémon but back to my point. In the games it was Level 12 Lillipup & Level 14 Panpour/Pansear/Pansage so does this mean the games have became easier? I hope not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I dont like the fact that Cheren is the first gym leader. I would love if he were the 6th or 7th so that he can have a stronger team. Bleh :/

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
So from what we see in the new B2W2 trailer, could that really be Elesa? If it really is, I'm loving the new look far better than her design in Black and White. Her hair is amazing. She better not have two Emolga on her team though. I expect her gym to remain in Nimbasa.

Going off topic here, but the stage in which she was found on (as well as Akuroma in the games) I expect to be in Nimbasa too.

Years
I have this vision of the protagonist and Elesa battling on that stage in front of all those people, then suddenly he/she has a bunch of fans stalking following him/her after he/she wins. I dunno why.

Which is cool. Now that I think about it, you don't really get much recognition in the games until you either beat the evil Team or become the Champion, and even then it's not much.

Years
I love Elesa's new look, I'm glad she's back cos she's my fave Unova Gym Leader from the original Black & White.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm actually shocked, if that is Elesa (and I think she is) then she's the first one in Pokemon history to dye her hair...though I like it better the way it is now, it looks cute :3
Yes, Brycen's back. Now we just need an fire gym leader so we can have Electric, Ice and Fire ;)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
There hasn't be confirmation or any flat out disapproving of the notion as far as I have heard.

I dont like the fact that Cheren is the first gym leader. I would love if he were the 6th or 7th so that he can have a stronger team. Bleh :/
Yeah I think all of us were a bit disappointed in the placement for Cheren. Maybe will see him constantly get better throughout the game since I assume he will help the protag like he did in the promotional trailer which he had a Stoutland.

So from what we see in the new B2W2 trailer, could that really be Elesa? If it really is, I'm loving the new look far better than her design in Black and White. Her hair is amazing. She better not have two Emolga on her team though. I expect her gym to remain in Nimbasa.

Going off topic here, but the stage in which she was found on (as well as Akuroma in the games) I expect to be in Nimbasa too.
Hopefully the replace one of them with Tynamo or Eeletrik. And it is almost certainly her.

Confirmed Gym Leaders:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Brycen

Three more to go for the main storyline :)
Was Brycen confirmed as a "Gym Leader" yet? Cause we know he is involved in the PokeWood but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a gym leader currently even though he is still present. Not to say he is not either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back