• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
If we get more than just Ninfia this generation, I'm hoping for a bug or ghost type evolution too.

Aside from that, I'd love a bug / water or bug / ghost type.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hey folks, friendly reminder that topics about evolutions/pre-evolutions of existing families are better suited for the Evolution thread. I moved posts about evolutions here to there. Also, you could likely use the CoroCoro thread for all things Ninfia too. I know we're hyped, but let's try to keep things tidy for other readers.

The New Pokemon Thread should be used to speculate or brainstorm what new Pokemon families you would like to see in X&Y.

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said:
I want another pokemon based on some kind of sea bird, not a gull though.
Do you know how cool a sea hawk Pokemon would be? I'd like to see that, just to say that my uni's mascot is in the game, luls. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Hey folks, friendly reminder that topics about evolutions/pre-evolutions of existing families are better suited for the Evolution thread. I moved posts about evolutions here to there. Also, you could likely use the CoroCoro thread for all things Ninfia too. I know we're hyped, but let's try to keep things tidy for other readers.

The New Pokemon Thread should be used to speculate or brainstorm what new Pokemon families you would like to see in X&Y.

Do you know how cool a sea hawk Pokemon would be? I'd like to see that, just to say that my uni's mascot is in the game, luls. :D
I just checked it out and you're right it does look cool...I want one! Maybe it can be the regional bird ;). Or the new Water/Flying type we seem to get every generation.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
A white tiger would be nice since you could incorporate other elements of big cats into it: lions, leopards, etc. and it would be colored white, which isn't a common color for Pokemon. It would be easy enough to have one that could evolve into a saber-tooth tiger as well.

As much as I complain about over-complicated and otherwise unorthodox designs, I actually think that a big cat amalgam would be a good idea. This is mainly because Arcanine combined a dog, a lion, and a tiger and managed to be one of the best 'mons from Gen. I.

As for the typing of said White Tiger, I'd like to see a Fighting/Ice type. This would especially work if it became a saber-tooth tiger.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Forever, Baihumon is my favorite of the Four Sovereign Digimon, he's pretty badass.

Speaking of cats, we need a jaguar Pokemon. Make it look kinda Aztec-y.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Another cheetah (if Suicune is a cheetah...) would be nice.
Maybe our regional bird will be a different kind of owl to parallel generation 2 like V had another pidgin...or at least part pidgin.

Years
A dual-type Eeveelution. (but not a stupid combination like Rock- Ground...) Maybe Normal - Ghost? (lol) with the ability Justified? We need more awesome Normal+type pokes anyway...
And some Ghost - Steel poke too, for stallers sets, which I hate... but Ghost + steel is a good combination I guess.. :D It could be some kind of an 'alive" knight armor or w/e... Yes, it sounds ridiculous, hehe! But, there are many ridiculous pokes already like Vanillite, Klink, Magnemite, ...

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
What I really want to see is an Electric/Fighting type. Not sure what it would be though. One of the reasons i want this is because my team has every type covered except normal and dark. I was gonna just replace my Haxorus but if there is a Electric/Fight i'll just replace my electivire.

Years
How about a tyrogue's long lost cousin that shares some genes with Eevee? I mean by that he is Fighting type and can evolve to either an Electric - Fighting, Fire - Fighting , Ice - Fighting, Ghost - Fighting, Dark - Fighting or Seel - Fighting when he levels up after learning Thunder/Fire/Ice/Shadow/Sucker/Bullet Punch, if he learned more than one, the priority will be given in a specific order. (the order doesn't matter ...). or maybe only Fire, Thunder and Ice... to keep it simple...
Also, an Electric - Ice pokemon could be realling stunning, literally. :3

Last edited:

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
They need a literall T-Rex like Pokemon. And have it a Dragon/Steel dual type.
A Scarecrow like Pokemon
Gasoline Pokemon
Poker Cards Pokemon
Imagine a Tentacruel, Rapidash, Farfetch'd and Dewgong, or Muk evolution.
A sword/Katana Pokemon
GrimReaper Pokemon
Saiyan Pokemon?

idek, I'm just throwing out the most randomist things out there XD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
They need a literall T-Rex like Pokemon. And have it a Dragon/Steel dual type.

Tyranitar is a T-Rex.

A Scarecrow like Pokemon

Cacturne has a scarecrow design.

Imagine a Tentacruel, Rapidash, Farfetch'd and Dewgong, or Muk evolution.

Tentacruel and Muk are already good Pokemon to not have an evolution.

A sword/Katana Pokemon

I'm pretty sure we've got a few Pokemon with sword-like/katana-like weapons (Ex: Bisharp).

GrimReaper Pokemon

Wouldn't the Duskull family count?

Saiyan Pokemon?

There's already a Saiyan Pokemon, and it's Infernape.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well there's no shame on having more pokemon that are based on the same type of animal or thing~ Like for instance, Teddiursa and Cubchoo are both based on two different types of bears, and they're both different types.

I'd like to see another T-Rex pokemon myself; and I already said that I wanted more Salamander or Lizard pokemon~ Maybe an Ice Salamder, or a Salamander that represents Steel or Ghost, or Water.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I'd like a pokemon that has no proper type. You could get it in any type (and their typing being permanent) and it could evolve uniquely too. It could take two of them of a different type to be in the party at the same time and they could merge into each other to combine their types.

Back