• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my ALL GHOST team. BOOOOO!!!!!

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
Years
Gen V made it possible to have an all ghost team... well, a decent one anyway. Now that there are more elemental ghosts. Tell me what you think. I am also thinking about Dusknoir and Cofagrigus too, but I am happy with the team below.

Gengar ♀ (Jessica) Ghost/Poison
Choice Scarf
Timid - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
Trick, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Ice
Spe IV 30 (for Ice)

Jellicent ♂ (Jim) Water/Ghost
Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Water Absorb
Surf, Pain Split, Ice Beam, Toxic

Chandelure ♂ (Vincent) Ghost/Fire
Life Orb
Bold - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Shadow Tag
Pain Split, Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball
I know he is considered Uber with Shadow Tag!

Golurk ♂ (Marshall) Ground/Ghost
Choice Band
Adamant - 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
No Guard
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dynamic Punch, Shadow Punch

Froslass ♀ (Sophia) Ice/Ghost
Focus Sash
Timid - 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Cursed Body
Spikes, Taunt, Ice Beam, Destiny Bond

Spiritomb ♀ (Lester) Ghost/Dark
Lum Berry
Careful - 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Infiltrator
Rest, Dark Pulse, Will-o-Wisp, Curse

What do you think?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Generally monotype teams are ineffective as they have common weaknesses etc but I guess Ghost isn't that bad of a type to pick. Firstly lead with Froslass and set up Spikes - they'll help you much more than leading with a Scarf Gengar (plus your whole team is made of spinblockers n___n). I don't think Cursed Body is released on Froslass.

I'd rather use Cofagrigus > Spiritomb with a Rest + CM + Shadow Ball + HP Fighting set, with max EVs invested in Defense and HP. Tomb just is ineffective this gen (as is Cofagrigus, but at least it does a job better than Tomb.

Don't use Shadow Tag Chandelure. Not only is it looked down upon/banned, it doesn't even exist yet.

Jellicent has a reliable recovery move in Recover. Use that rather than Pain Split.

...yeaaah, too lazy to think of anything else. Good luck with your team. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
No Guard Golurk doesn't exist yet either; use Iron Fist for now. Change up DynamicPunch for Hammer Arm.

Also, Gengar can use Hidden Power (Ice) with a 31 Speed IV (31/30/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/30/31/31/31). With a 30 Speed IV, you can use Hidden Power (Fire) for Ferrothorn, Forretress and Scizor without using Focus Blast.

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
Years
No Guard Golurk doesn't exist yet either; use Iron Fist for now. Change up DynamicPunch for Hammer Arm.

Also, Gengar can use Hidden Power (Ice) with a 31 Speed IV (31/30/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/30/31/31/31). With a 30 Speed IV, you can use Hidden Power (Fire) for Ferrothorn, Forretress and Scizor without using Focus Blast.

When No Guard Golurk does exist I imagine Hammer Arm should be replaced with Dynamic Punch? Or does Hammer Arm count under the Iron Fist?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When No Guard Golurk does exist I imagine Hammer Arm should be replaced with Dynamic Punch? Or does Hammer Arm count under the Iron Fist?
Yes, Hammer Arm does benefit from Iron Fist. When No Guard Golurk comes out, that's when you can use DynamicPunch to its fullest.

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
Years
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay guys, how does this look?

----------------------------------------

Gengar ♀ (Jessica) Ghost/Poison
Choice Specs
Timid - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice
Spe IV 30 (for Ice)

Life Orb
Flame Body

Golurk ♂ (Marshall) Ground/Ghost
Choice Band
Adamant - 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Iron Fist
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, Shadow Punch

Jellicent ♂ (Jim) Water/Ghost
Leftovers
Calm - 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Water Absorb
Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover

Cofagrigus ♀ (Cleopatra) Ghost
Chesto Berry
Bold - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp
Mummy
Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Fighting, Rest
Will-O-Wisp?

Spiritomb ♀ (Lester) Ghost/Dark
Lum Berry
Clam - 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Pressure
Rest, Dark Pulse, Will-o-Wisp, Curse

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
If you wanted to be really aannoying, you could swap spiritomb out for Prankster Sableye, although I can't remember if that one is released yet. I have seen that thing stall and annoy many teams w/ priority WoW, Recover, Calm Mind, etc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Life Orb
Shadow Tag
I know he is considered Uber with Shadow Tag!

hes actually considered a hack with Shadow Tag because it doesnt exist yet lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
You are probably going to want a wild card i.e something not ghost to beat Tyranitar and even something like Weavile or your whole team is literally <dark move> bait lol. Even something relatively useless like Bisharp 6-0's you so yeah covering those dark types is a priority imo.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You are probably going to want a wild card i.e something not ghost to beat Tyranitar and even something like Weavile or your whole team is literally <dark move> bait lol. Even something relatively useless like Bisharp 6-0's you so yeah covering those dark types is a priority imo.

^I'd like to second this.

But it does kind of defeat the purpose of having a Monotype team. don't you think? However, from a competitive perspective, you definitely want something that can check you team's serious shortcomings. I mean, you've got Spiritomb, so that's a good place to start. But Sucker Punch is going to wreck everything. I mean, following D_A's example, a Bisharp with Swords Dance and Sucker Punch... ;( But, something like Lucario on your team, that resists Dark and deals Super effective damage back to them, is going to be a great asset if you plan on using this team competitively.

That being said, if you have a team of 5 Ghost type Pokemon and 1 Pokemon to check weaknesses, you might as well build a non-Monotype team, you know? It's really up to you and whatever expectations you have for this team. One of the things I always liked about Monotype battling is having an overwhelming weakness and using your Pokemon to overcome it. But, no matter how glorious that sounds, there isn't (always) a place for it in a competitive environment, sorry to say. :(

Back