• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Game. ^^

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Well, the first one I've gotten anywhere with. XD

It's based on the book "The City of Ember". Dunno what that is? Go to Google and seach on it. It's by Jeanne DuPrau. Anyway, please respect that I am a complete idiot when it comes to RM2K, and that I AM trying to improve by reading tutorials and guides and just playing around. So I may ask the stupidest questions. I will have some screenshots soon, but first I need help with some small things:

1. How do I have a convo between two characters that aren't heroes? THis is what will happen:
Miss Thorn: Welcome Mayor Cole.
Mayor: Miss Thorn. Greetings.
Mayor Cole: Another year, is it?
Miss Thorn: Welcom Mayor Cole.

You get the point.

2. I think I may know how to do this, but how do you make one character follow the hero?

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
1. How do I have a convo between two characters that aren't heroes? THis is what will happen:

Go to the yellow frame, right click where you want the event, and go to Message.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Firemaker said:

Go to the yellow frame, right click where you want the event, and go to Message.
Yes, I know how to do that, but it won't work no matter what kind of event I make it! It does exactly what said when I make it a parallel process, auto start, on hero touch, or on event/hero touch. It won't work when I put it on stop after the message.

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
Years
Firstly you need some thing to start the event lets say their is an event on the map set to autostart in the event commands put show message put in ur first characters message then the seconds u get the point to end it make a second page set it to switch:end chat or something like that go to page one when u have finished it put that switch at the bottom
hope this helps

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
cigarettes said:
Firstly you need some thing to start the event lets say their is an event on the map set to autostart in the event commands put show message put in ur first characters message then the seconds u get the point to end it make a second page set it to switch:end chat or something like that go to page one when u have finished it put that switch at the bottom
hope this helps
It helps a bit. ^^

.........Okay, I've got the evil convorsation thing fixed. I should get screenies up soon.

And yeah, I have permission from the author to do this.

Back