• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tierless, Legend-Free Team For With Friends

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
I just finished this team and I wanted some opinions on it and any ways to improve on movesets. Assume that all Pokemon have already been bred (finalized natures and egg moves) when suggesting improvements. It's for battling with my friends. Our only rule on what Pokemon to ban is generally no legends.

All the sweepers have their typical EV spreads.

Galvantula @Focus Sash
Timid
Compound Eyes

Thunder
Volt Switch
Energy Ball
Sticky Web

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adamant
Steadfast

Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

Excadrill @ Balloon
Adamant
Mold Breaker

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Timid
Flame Body

Fiery Dance
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP 136 Def 120 SpDef
Water Absorb

Shadow Ball
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Recover

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest
Levitate

Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
Fire Blast
U-turn

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd recommend using Bug Buzz over Energy Ball or Volt Switch on Galvantula. Secondary STABs are always good to have.

Volcarona doesn't need Fire Blast and Fiery Dance at the same time. That's redundant as both are Fire moves. Choose between one of them.

Jellicent's EV spread should be 248 HP/172 Def/88 Spe. This lets it outspeed Scizor and Bellyjet Azumarill among others.

Consider Flash Cannon on Hydreigon to let it deal with Fairies:
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power/Fire Blast
-Focus Blast/Flash Cannon
Nature: Modest
EVs: 24 HP/252 SAtk/232 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
I'd recommend using Bug Buzz over Energy Ball or Volt Switch on Galvantula. Secondary STABs are always good to have.

Volcarona doesn't need Fire Blast and Fiery Dance at the same time. That's redundant as both are Fire moves. Choose between one of them.

Jellicent's EV spread should be 248 HP/172 Def/88 Spe. This lets it outspeed Scizor and Bellyjet Azumarill among others.

Consider Flash Cannon on Hydreigon to let it deal with Fairies:
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power/Fire Blast
-Focus Blast/Flash Cannon
Nature: Modest
EVs: 24 HP/252 SAtk/232 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

I'd have to agree with this one above. However, you could do the ever-so-popular Life Orb set with Hydreigon, giving it dragon pulse rather than Draco Meteor, as to prevent the decrease in special attack. Fire Blast let's it deal with the mawhiles and lucarios, as well as major bug types. Flash cannon is almost NECESSARY on a Hydreigon set due to the Fairy type.

I found that a Leftovers Volcarona with Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, and Giga Drain is a very useful moveset, able to dish out a ton of damage to popular Rotom-Washes and Mamoswines.

That would leave you to put a different item on Jellicent, which could be a sitrus berry or possibly a berry that allows it to halve damage from super-effective moves, because you already have use of your Recover move, which almost renders Leftovers useless.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
I don't know what other move to put on my Volcarona since it can't have Giga Drain and its Hidden Power is a useless type. Fire Blast is just there for when I think I might need a little extra power. Psychic didn't seem worth it.

Thanks for the tips on Hydreigon. : ) I'll try that out.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I highly recommend Giga Drain on Volcarona. The recovery is nice, as is the ability to take down Water and Rock types. It's great to decimate someone's Wash Rotom when they think they're countering your Volcarona. If you aren't gonna use that, your only other option is Hurricane. Also, Lucario should use a Jolly nature. It needs more Speed, and will have enough power from mega evolving, Swords Dance, and Adaptability.

Ya know, why is it that the Battle Center will be dead one day, and then the next be really active? I swear like 10 new threads have popped up today, but yesterday or the day before there was little activity all day. What up with that?

Back