• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Soul Silver prepared team

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I'm starting a new soul silver game and would like feedback on my team I'm thinking about using. I am using a team I have never used before and this team is only to get me through the game not my final team. So tell me the pokemon I should keep, add, or change movesets. Please no legendaries, Tyranitars (tyranitar is not before the first 8 badges), Dragonite, or trades, etc.

Typhlosion: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Eruption/Lava Plume

Tentacruel: Surf, Ice Beam, Poison Jab, Toxic Spikes (still not 100% with him)

Crobat: Fly, Confuse Ray, Poison Fang, Wing Attack

Ampharos: Discharge, Thunder Wave, Signal Beam, Power Gem (Thunder misses way too often)

Umbreon: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Faint Attack, Confuse Ray (if he evolves by level 29 for Confuse Ray; if not then Bite)

Furrett: HM Slave. Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Whirpool

I am not 100% on team and would like recommendations for a team. I am using Typhlosion, Umbreon, and Furrett so don't say to change them.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Moving to In-game Team Rate as that's the section where team advice belongs in rather than 4th gen discussion.

Sunny Day, although something that would work with Solarbeam and fire type moves wouldn't go too well with Tentacruel should you need to switch; so maybe consider using some other moves in place of Sunny Day/Solarbeam. As for Crobat use something over Wing Attack once you learn fly as there's little need for two moves of the same typing on the one Pokemon (and the same can be said of Umbreon with it having Dark Pulse and Faint Attack, although you can arguably make an exception with Typlosion though given Eruption is only useful when it has high HP).

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Typhlosion: Focus Blast over Sunny Day.

Tentacruel: Toxic Spikes aren't that good for in-game stuff, try using Wring Out. If you want him to be special based, use Sludge Bomb over Poison Jab, if physical, use waterfall over Surf and teach him Swords Dance instead of Wring Out. Keep Ice Beam though, it's too good a move against Lance.

Crobat: Return or X-Scissor over Wing Attack, and he also learns Cross Poison which is better than Poison Fang.

Ampharos: You want Focus Blast here as well. No need for Power Gem, and give him Thunderbolt for added power, since you're running T-Wave.

Umbreon: teach him Psychic over Faint Attack maybe.

I think this is a pretty good team with nice balance.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Thanks for the tips guys, especially ^. I am thinking about catching a Ditto and breeding an Eevee to get a Jolteon. Should I do that or just keep Ampharos. I haven't started game yet I'm still putting team together.

Back