Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 11th, 2015 (01:33 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
I like numels design but never inspired me to pick him, and him being a team magma type made me see him a fair bit in OR.
Old March 11th, 2015 (12:29 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

I, too, enjoy Numel in terms of appearance; it's a fire camel!

I don't believe they've ever had much camel-related Pokémon around, and this is one thing that makes Numel family this unique. Its evolution's design is rather nice-looking, too, and is also not very difficult to identify that Camerupt is an evolution to this particular Pokémon.

Battling-wise, Camerupt isn't actually that bad; I've used it a couple of times on my in-game team, and for that, it seemed to have played nicely. When taken online, though, its performance winds up decreasing slightly, unfortunately, since its stats generally aren't great in comparison to Pokémon that are regularly used by others.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (02:35 AM).
the pretender
Battle Server
CS

Would people actually use pokemon like Numel or Camerupt similar to how people use camels today? I imagine that flying would be easier though if there were ever good land transportation pokemon, these would be it.

I like Numel though! It reminds me a lot of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh if I'll be honest. Both of them look rather sad yet they're both lovable at the same time. Numel's like a baby camel plodding along while you can't help but feel sorry for Eeyore haha. :]
Old 4 Weeks Ago (07:56 AM).

Nature: Serious
Name: Google2.0 / Ico
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Ninetails
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: they're really powerfull and usually have great designs.
Answer to current topic: Numel.
I actually used one in my emerald run, worked really good. The design is nice too.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (06:17 PM).
Dovahkiin

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Wicked3DS
Pokémon of the Week time!

Spoiler:

Credit to All0412 on DeviantArt

Y/Alpha Sapphire Pokédex: Using psychic power, it generates a fiery vortex of 5,400 degree Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame.

You can burn anything you set your mind to.

Delphox is awesome, I chose it in X and I'm so glad I did. My initial response to Delphox: YES NOT ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING-TYPE! Delphox was a breath of fresh air. Fire/Psychic had only existed in Zen Mode Darmanitan, which I wasn't a huge fan of and isn't all that practical to use anyway. It gets some awesome moves and is very strong too. I also like the unique concept: it's basically a fire mage in the form of a fox, which is simple, but hadn't been done before in Pokémon, and they pulled it off perfectly in my book.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (06:58 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

Fennekin was my starter in X and I liked the idea of it the fire/psychic mage fox. The wand idea worked well and looked good but the general look just didn't hit it with me and It never seemed that good, 1000000x better than ugly horribly Chespin though.

Close but no cigar but I did love flamethrower from a wand.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:25 AM).
with a temperature of 103
Crystal Tier

I really love the Fennekin line, who are in fact my second fave Kalos starter line and tied with the Chimchar line for my fave Fire-type starter. I didn't choose Fennekin at the start (I picked Froakie) but I was able to get one from the in-game trade with Shauna in the postgame (she gives you the Kalos starter weak to yours) and I can say, Delphox is a powerful special attacker with a really awesome mage design theme which ties in with Chesnaught's "fighter" and Greninja's "thief" themes, forming a trio of RPG classes which tie in with their secondary types (Fighting, Psychic and Dark).

I was kinda upset Delphox's movepool isn't as good as the other two starters, but it's still pretty and does a great job handling most of the major opponents in the main story, plus it broke a Fire/Fighting starter streak that most of us got sick of.

It's also cool how Braixen and Delphox use their sticks as a wand when attacking, which evokes their mage theme even further.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:43 PM).
Dovahkiin

It's time for the next Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Ponyta!

Ruby/Sapphire Pokédex: Ponyta is very weak at birth. It can barely stand up. This Pokémon becomes stronger by stumbling and falling to keep up with its parent.

This kind of reminds me of how birds push their young out of the nest till they fly :P

Ponyta and Rapidash are great speedsters that don't quite get the moves to utilize the way I usually do, but I'm a weirdo so that's probably a moot point :P They are very majestic and I do like that about them, even though that's not normally my thing. I guess it's an exception for a Fire-type horse, and come on, who doesn't think that's awesome?

Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:34 PM).
the pretender
Battle Server
CS

Ponyta's one of my favourite fire types! I love the whole flaming horse idea, it looks really pretty. <3

Glad to see that the pokedex entry sticks to its real life counterpart though! Horses usually have trouble standing up at birth so it's pretty fitting actually. Ponyta could of also had one of those unbelievable pokedex entries such as 'pidgeot flies faster than sound' or 'the burn from a houndoom is felt forever'. I feel like it'd of made Ponyta more exciting but that might just be me haha.

Also doesn't owning a Ponyta make you look like the coolest kid in town? ;]

Spoiler:

Anyway the last time I've used a Ponyta was in... 2009 I believe? I'd been looking around for some pokemon to use and thought that owning a Rapidash would be amazing. Though I never did exactly use it much, you've gotta admit that it looks cool having one on your team.

That being said, how many of you've used one before? And how many of you would want to try riding one if given the chance? :]
Old 2 Weeks Ago (04:20 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

This is one of those pokemon that I think is designed really well and would love to use....but its a fire type and I'm never without my Charizard so it never gets a look in.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:52 AM).
I liekz Dedez :D
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Although i love Ponytas design i usually end up using a dual type fire type so i never really got to use it. But i love that its a flaming horse plus its shiny form has blue flames which makes it amazing! Although i never used it i would own it as a pokemon thats not on me team as a friend and id love to try to ride one! I just never felt like using one on a team probably because they have a small lack of moves unitil it for flare blitz.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:24 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

I like Ponyta line. In fact, Ponyta and Rapidash are in my list of top ten favorite fire-types.

We lack horse-based Pokémon, and Rapidash family is one of our only ones that are based off horses; if you ask me, this definitely helps add to their touch. On top of that, their appearances seem to be pretty great as well, at least from my perspective.

I'm curious to how their evolution would turn out to be, if they ever decide to give them a final-stage. Competitively, I'm sure they'd become more easy to utilize; with Rapidash's current stats, it winds up to sort of tough to battle with, but once it gain some stats boost after evolving, I'm positive all of that will be different.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:36 PM).
with a temperature of 103
Crystal Tier

I kinda like how basic Ponyta and Rapidash's design is. Not too overdesigned, but having flaming hair was a great way to showcase it as a Fire-type since many Fire Pokemon tend to have flames burning somewhere on their bodies.

I did use one in my first Diamond/Pearl playthrough (which I never finished, and Piplup was my starter back then) but then when I heard it was the only non-starter Fire-type available before the Elite Four in those games, I got bored of it and restarted. Since then, I have always chosen Chimchar in every Sinnoh playthrough I've done, but I'll never forget my brief moment with using Ponyta there.

It's pretty strong, but given it's physically inclined with very little options for physical Fire STAB it's pretty hard to use from a competitive aspect given its frailty and movepool shallowness. Still okay to use in-game though from my perspective.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (08:09 AM).
Champion of Demacia League

Nature: Adamant
Name: Mega XinZhao
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Blaziken and Typhlosion

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire is a great type against a lot of types that I have to quickly KO save for the "Bulky Water" ones. Burning through the likes of the mostly Speedy bug types, melting through those defensive Steel types, roasting those pesky status inflicting grass types, and vaporizing those Ice types. Not to mention, Fire is given the unlikely resistance to the oh so hated Fairy type. Sure Fire gets screwed up by Stealth Cocks Rocks but we should be smart enough to carry spinners or at least have Defog in our party.

Answer to current topic: Ponyta.

I liked Ponyta's line after the Physical/Special Split, which helped mons such as Arcanine and Flareon get some love.

Also, its line is a classic reminder that back in the good ol days, Pokemon were proper manifestations of animals in its respective world. Oh look, a flaming horse. Typical sure, but acceptable hell yeah. I rather have Ponyta's line stay than have gamefreak introduce a pokemon based of a smart phone or a camera.

"I need to send out a Special Wall in order to stop a Haxorous" - Shofu, 2012 vs SMOGON Wifi Battle finder
"I simply do not play ingame, there's no way I would have even known it was in a dream ball since it doesn't tell you" - Ray Rizzo and his Aegislash
Old 1 Week Ago (07:43 PM).
Dovahkiin

Quote originally posted by Mega XinZhao:
Name: Mega XinZhao
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Blaziken and Typhlosion

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Fire is a great type against a lot of types that I have to quickly KO save for the "Bulky Water" ones. Burning through the likes of the mostly Speedy bug types, melting through those defensive Steel types, roasting those pesky status inflicting grass types, and vaporizing those Ice types. Not to mention, Fire is given the unlikely resistance to the oh so hated Fairy type. Sure Fire gets screwed up by Stealth Cocks Rocks but we should be smart enough to carry spinners or at least have Defog in our party.

Answer to current topic: Ponyta.

I liked Ponyta's line after the Physical/Special Split, which helped mons such as Arcanine and Flareon get some love.

Also, its line is a classic reminder that back in the good ol days, Pokemon were proper manifestations of animals in its respective world. Oh look, a flaming horse. Typical sure, but acceptable hell yeah. I rather have Ponyta's line stay than have gamefreak introduce a pokemon based of a smart phone or a camera.
Welcome! I have to agree, Ponyta/Rapidash got much better after the Physical/Special split, but there still aren't a whole lot of Physical Fire-type attacks that they can take advantage of unfortunately. Also, as Ashley said, we do lack horse Pokémon, which makes me glad that some the only ones are Fire-types :P

Old 1 Week Ago (06:44 AM).
Champion of Demacia League

Nature: Adamant
The flaming horses could always go for a Speedy buly Support kit with Fire Spin, Toxic, and Protect set and with Flare Blitz as a last resort move to prevent being taunt meals. Its not the best way to run them, nor the best set to use, but at least it may get the job done in the flaming horses' respective tier. Most people wouldn't probably expect the really fast but shallow move pool horses to suddenly trap a non-poison immune type into an endless string of damage-over time, and with the quickness of the horses, i think it can get the job done (in its respective tier of course)

Speaking of fire based meta teams, has anyone tried out a good competitive Sun Team for the 6th gen? I've seen mostly a lot of Sun teams go wild back in the 5th Gen with Drought-Tales + Darmanitan sweeps aboard (Thanks shofu.. mmmmm rattata!). I was thinking of making my own 6th sun teams to play against my friends as I'm not yet prepared to play VS the much better players in online or Smogon's battle finder (minus the trolls with choice specs Haxorous). Its always fun seeing a supposed type-matchup go horribly the wrong way for the Water type when Drought + Darmanitans are whipping even the bulkiest of water types with such sheer force (Puns of damage intented)

"I need to send out a Special Wall in order to stop a Haxorous" - Shofu, 2012 vs SMOGON Wifi Battle finder
"I simply do not play ingame, there's no way I would have even known it was in a dream ball since it doesn't tell you" - Ray Rizzo and his Aegislash
Old 5 Days Ago (06:10 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Name: CageTheMartyr
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Infernape + Charizard
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They have many weaknesses, but they are also strong against many. They can be brought together as a team for devastating attacks!
Answer to current topic:
Ponyta, and its evoloution Rapidash i do not like very much, it is far too weak for what it should actually be!
Old 4 Days Ago (09:22 PM).
Dovahkiin

Quote originally posted by CageTheMartyr:
Name: CageTheMartyr
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Infernape + Charizard
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They have many weaknesses, but they are also strong against many. They can be brought together as a team for devastating attacks!
Answer to current topic:
Ponyta, and its evoloution Rapidash i do not like very much, it is far too weak for what it should actually be!
Welcome! Rapidash unfortunately doesn't get quite the moves and stats to do what it should be able to do as a Fire-type attacker.

I didn't realize it's been this long, but here's another Pokémon of the Week!

Spoiler:

Credit to Baku48 on DeviantArt

Moltres!

SoulSilver Pokédex: This legendary bird Pokémon is said to bring early spring to the wintry lands it visits.

Spring is finally here, where is Moltres?

Moltres is my hands-down favorite Legendary Pokémon. It's my favorite design and my favorite type and it's pretty strong too. It's just overall an awesome Pokémon if you ask me.

Old 4 Days Ago (07:52 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

Yep Moltres and all the legendary birds are really fun to play and great designs. I like moltres and remember having a real battle trying to catch him in soulsilver, took me ages and tons of pokeballs. I think in the end I flashed him to insignificance then just took my time trying to put him to sleep and throw balls.

I think I used all the birds quite a lot in my Red/Yellow games and was definitely training up Zapdos and Moltres in Soulsilver.
Old 3 Days Ago (12:25 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Wicked3DS:
Welcome! Rapidash unfortunately doesn't get quite the moves and stats to do what it should be able to do as a Fire-type attacker.

I didn't realize it's been this long, but here's another Pokémon of the Week!

Spoiler:

Credit to Baku48 on DeviantArt

Moltres!

SoulSilver Pokédex: This legendary bird Pokémon is said to bring early spring to the wintry lands it visits.

Spring is finally here, where is Moltres?

Moltres is my hands-down favorite Legendary Pokémon. It's my favorite design and my favorite type and it's pretty strong too. It's just overall an awesome Pokémon if you ask me.
Moltres is a freaking awesome Pokemon and i think it is definitely a Pokemon, if i can get my hands on it, i would usually have on my team.

Sponsored Links