• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen *rustle rustle*

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
At times, when we're exploring in Unova region, sometimes we're alerted with rustling grass, the rippling water, the shadow of a flying Pokémon, or a gathering dust. When we go there, we'll be greeted with a somewhat rare wild Pokémon, or precious items like Thunder Stone.

What do you think of these phenomenon, do you find this mechanic enjoyable? And what's your experience with all of these?

Years
I really enjoyed this mechanic, because it allowed us to get some rare Pokemon and also on most routes, allowed us to fight Audino to gain massive EXP points for fast level-up. Also it's nice to see it sometimes spawned fully-evolved Pokemon that can sometimes put up a fight on their own.

It was also nice to see the dust clouds in caves sometimes gave evolution stones, and given I had a lot of Pokemon that needed them it was definitely a task I was happy to do, even if the stones were mostly rare.

I was sad to see the mechanic not return after 5th Gen, although I feel like the DexNav in OR/AS is a glorified version of this in my opinion, especially with the fact they made things easier for dedicated competitive players.

My best experience with the phenomenon mechanic in 5th Gen was always beating up loads of Audino. I do admit those things are adorable, but if you like EXP farming it's a godsend to slay the pink bunnies, even if they sometimes annoyed you with moves like Secret Power (that always put my Pokemon to sleep lol) and Attract.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I really enjoyed this mechanic, because it allowed us to get some rare Pokemon and also on most routes, allowed us to fight Audino to gain massive EXP points for fast level-up. Also it's nice to see it sometimes spawned fully-evolved Pokemon that can sometimes put up a fight on their own.

It was also nice to see the dust clouds in caves sometimes gave evolution stones, and given I had a lot of Pokemon that needed them it was definitely a task I was happy to do, even if the stones were mostly rare.

I was sad to see the mechanic not return after 5th Gen, although I feel like the DexNav in OR/AS is a glorified version of this in my opinion, especially with the fact they made things easier for dedicated competitive players.

My best experience with the phenomenon mechanic in 5th Gen was always beating up loads of Audino. I do admit those things are adorable, but if you like EXP farming it's a godsend to slay the pink bunnies, even if they sometimes annoyed you with moves like Secret Power (that always put my Pokemon to sleep lol) and Attract.

I agree. Rustling grass are one of the elements from Gen V, I was even expecting it to be taken over to the future generations along other Gen V-introduced mechanics. Rustling grasses are like surprise gifts for me, as Nichole says, "because it allowed us to get some rare Pokemon and also on most routes, allowed us to fight Audino to gain massive EXP points for fast level-up". Whatever you encounter, rare Pokémon or Audino, they are just simply rewarding!

Years
This mechanic was a nice new feature, because it introduced Audino, a Pokémon that gives EXP for days, and even that aside there are chances of finding rare fully evolved Pokémon that come as surprises. It's something that would have been cool had it returned in Generation VI.

Sirfetch’d

I only used this for Audino murder lol. It was a really great feature but I simply didn't have the time or patience other than to use it to train up some Pokemon when I was underlevelled for a gym haha. I am glad something like this was introduced because of how much the games really lacked, IMO.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I'm in it for the Audino. Just kidding, I loved that feature, even if it did send me to the Giant Chasm for at least 6 hours looking for a Metagross with the volume all the way up for the music.

Years
I always liked it because I found it fun to have the possibility of finding rare and powerful pokemon/items, and even mons exclusive to phenomena. What I didn't like though is how the mechanic existing in the games made it felt almost mandatory to Audino grind, which isn't terrible, but is time consuming.

Back