• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
The footer would only be activated in the map script once, and you can usually figure out what number it is by using trial and error, and the map you get's relativity to the map you want. For example, if you want to get Littleroot, but you don't know what its footer is, you could make an educated guess (like 0x3; which should get Rustburo), and then change the number accordingly. Of course, never forget to test.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
The footer would only be activated in the map script once, and you can usually figure out what number it is by using trial and error, and the map you get's relativity to the map you want. For example, if you want to get Littleroot, but you don't know what its footer is, you could make an educated guess (like 0x3; which should get Rustburo), and then change the number accordingly. Of course, never forget to test.

Of course... but of course there is the problem of footers existing in FR... I dunno if they do, I could give it a try though...

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Although this may have been answered in this thread, I really don't want to look through 425 pages.

I am a new member here, and I have just a simple question to ask. How do you add new marts into Pokemon Hacks? I wanted to add a Mart to my Pallet Town (Will be a different town in the game), but with Advance Mart, it won 't let me, due to there being no mart there originally.

Any help, senior members?

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Although this may have been answered in this thread, I really don't want to look through 425 pages.

I am a new member here, and I have just a simple question to ask. How do you add new marts into Pokemon Hacks? I wanted to add a Mart to my Pallet Town (Will be a different town in the game), but with Advance Mart, it won 't let me, due to there being no mart there originally.

try making a script. then you can just put the script into a building you created, and there's your mart.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Well, you would have to do a series of things...
First you need to open up A-Map, and build one, just place the tiles in the map.
Next, you'll have to map a mart, just make a new map, or replace an old one.
Then you'll have to place a warp that leads to your new mart.
You'll have to place a person in there, to help you buy stuff.
This next part requires scripting...
You'll have to script the pokemart, that is how all the pokemarts are made, scripts, M-Mart just edits the little bits of data.
Just copy a Pokemart that exists in the game, and paste it into XSE, then edit the items, compile, and give the character the mart script!
I know, it sounds complicated, and doing all this at once is a bad Idea.

You should start by learning how to script.

Get XSE, in HackMews Tool Factory, and read the guide that comes with it.

You'll get there, never give up!

Bloodmoon

Wolf Pack Member
Years
How do you determine which pokémon appear when you use the Headbutt field move in FireRed? I have a feeling it's in the tree area of Advance Map, but every hack I've seen with headbutt has no Pokémon in the tree section of the wild pokemon tab.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
How do you determine which pokémon appear when you use the Headbutt field move in FireRed? I have a feeling it's in the tree area of Advance Map, but every hack I've seen with headbutt has no Pokémon in the tree section of the wild pokemon tab.
First off you can't have headbutt in firered as a field move unless you script it. Also if you do script it you have to include the pokemon in the actual script by using the random command...

Bloodmoon

Wolf Pack Member
Years
First off you can't have headbutt in firered as a field move unless you script it. Also if you do script it you have to include the pokemon in the actual script by using the random command...

Well, I did do a script (nevermind that...)

What does the tree tab in the Wild Pokemon section of Advance Map do? Or what's it for?

Years
Well, I did do a script (nevermind that...)

What does the tree tab in the Wild Pokemon section of Advance Map do? Or what's it for?

There is a special to create a wildbattle using the 'tree' data. Using random is just a waste of space, and technically only useful if you are using rock smash rocks in the same area.
If I'm remembering correctly, the 'tree' data is used as rock smash Pokemon.

Bloodmoon

Wolf Pack Member
Years
There is a special to create a wildbattle using the 'tree' data. Using random is just a waste of space, and technically only useful if you are using rock smash rocks in the same area.
If I'm remembering correctly, the 'tree' data is used as rock smash Pokemon.

Thanks for the help. Rock Smash. Never would have guessed.

Anyways, I'm wondering about the fishing wild pokemon. I'm curious on how you determine which rod you use. I noticed the Pokémon are ordered with lower level to higher level. And I'm guessing that the lower level's are for Old rod and slowly progress to Super rod. Am I right? Or do I have to edit something on each Pokémon I want with certain rods?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Thanks for the help. Rock Smash. Never would have guessed.

Anyways, I'm wondering about the fishing wild pokemon. I'm curious on how you determine which rod you use. I noticed the Pokémon are ordered with lower level to higher level. And I'm guessing that the lower level's are for Old rod and slowly progress to Super rod. Am I right? Or do I have to edit something on each Pokémon I want with certain rods?

Nope you got it. It is devided into 3 sections, Old, Good, then Super.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
I have a big problem:
I patched my leafgreen hack game (it was a mistake). But, how can I unpatch it???

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Hi I just started to learn how to hack today, and I started with advance map. I looked at some tutorials and I have the right advance map, but when I go to the events view, the event tiles dont show up. I only see the NPCs its kind of annoying. Thanks in advance!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hi I just started to learn how to hack today, and I started with advance map. I looked at some tutorials and I have the right advance map, but when I go to the events view, the event tiles dont show up. I only see the NPCs its kind of annoying. Thanks in advance!

You need to untick the "Hide other events" option, which is enabled by default.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
I need help again, sorry. Thanks for answer my last post.

I wanted to change the second battle with Rival in FR (You know, when you try to go to the pokemon league). Let´s say I wanted him to have a Tailow and a Mudkip; in Trainer Edit and PET I changed them (one at a time, of course), there is no problem with Taillow but the last pokemon always returns to one of the original starters (I changed the starters in my hack)

Can someone please help me?

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I'm sorry but the multichoice command won't work with buffers. Anyway, if there's a special that let you choose the attacks I would rather use that. Thing is the returned value is the slot, and not the attack value. So you would then need an ASM routine to retrieve the attack value from the selected slot.

Would the ASM for this be hard? I know zero ASM, so I guess it is :/
The slot of the Pokémon is stored at 0x8004 (this is 0x0 for the first pokémon in your party, 0x1 for the second, and so on)
The attack you select is stored at 0x8005 (this is 0x0 for the first attack, 0x1 for the second)

Technically, this would be enough to retrieve the data, am I correct? According to bulbapedia the attacks are stored in the sub structure, but the order of the sub structure changes with the personality value :/
I guess this is too hard for someone that knows hardly any ASM to do. I guess the ASM would be simmilar to the ASM in this topic, but with the sub structure instead of the main structure.

Could somebody guide me trough making this ASM (I believe it's called a routine?)? I'm not asking you to make it for me, that would be lazy from my part (and I wouldn't learn anything) . I haven't had the time to really look at some tutorials, so guess I should to that first.
So yeah, if you are interested in learning this newb how to do this just send me a PM. ^^

Oh, one more thing. You know Fire Red has gender based blue and red texts for NPC's, right? Does anybody know how this is stored in the rom? My guess a byte around changes the gender of the NPC. Yeah, I could do the textcolor thing or the [blue_fr], but why do that if you can change around a few bytes in a hex editor? At least, if you know what byte to change. So: what byte determines the gender of a OverWorld/NPC?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I need help again, sorry. Thanks for answer my last post.

I wanted to change the second battle with Rival in FR (You know, when you try to go to the pokemon league). Let´s say I wanted him to have a Tailow and a Mudkip; in Trainer Edit and PET I changed them (one at a time, of course), there is no problem with Taillow but the last pokemon always returns to one of the original starters (I changed the starters in my hack)

Can someone please help me?

CanI suggest you using A-Trainer? You can get it from my Tools Factory. It's still beta, but it's really worth a try :)

Would the ASM for this be hard? I know zero ASM, so I guess it is :/
The slot of the Pokémon is stored at 0x8004 (this is 0x0 for the first pokémon in your party, 0x1 for the second, and so on)
The attack you select is stored at 0x8005 (this is 0x0 for the first attack, 0x1 for the second)

Technically, this would be enough to retrieve the data, am I correct? According to bulbapedia the attacks are stored in the sub structure, but the order of the sub structure changes with the personality value :/
I guess this is too hard for someone that knows hardly any ASM to do. I guess the ASM would be simmilar to the ASM in this topic, but with the sub structure instead of the main structure.

Could somebody guide me trough making this ASM (I believe it's called a routine?)? I'm not asking you to make it for me, that would be lazy from my part (and I wouldn't learn anything) . I haven't had the time to really look at some tutorials, so guess I should to that first.
So yeah, if you are interested in learning this newb how to do this just send me a PM. ^^

Oh, one more thing. You know Fire Red has gender based blue and red texts for NPC's, right? Does anybody know how this is stored in the rom? My guess a byte around changes the gender of the NPC. Yeah, I could do the textcolor thing or the [blue_fr], but why do that if you can change around a few bytes in a hex editor? At least, if you know what byte to change. So: what byte determines the gender of a OverWorld/NPC?

Well, if you know zero ASM then it's pretty hard indeed. The routine itself would be quite simple, but you need some knownledge. Would you mind reaming my ASM lesson, in the meanwhile? It explains all the basic concepts.

As for the gender-based text... It doesn't actually need to be a byte, as it could be simply a bit (just like trainers). Either way, I haven't found it yet. But rest assured I will someday, and at that point I will implement it into my overworld editor ;)

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
Years
Oh boy.. I was saving up my 1st post for something else, but this has been really bugging me...

I'm stuck on how to enlarge the number of blocks a specific tileset has in A-Map. I searched this topic and one of the answers I found was that you can't, which confused me since the A-Map readme says that it's possible to do so by tinkering with Tilesets.ini. Well, i checked out that config file, now I'm just lost on how to actually input the changes I want and have them incorporated into my rom.

Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back