• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my deck

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
Hey guys, I'm hoping to go to regionals this year and this is the deck I built;

Throh x1
Arcanine x3
Growlithe x4
Cilan x2
Mienshao x2
Meinfoo x2
Larvesta x4
Volcarona x2
Excadrill x1
Drilbur x2
Riolu x3
Lucario x1
Chansey x2
Blissey x1
Terrakion EX x1
Entei EX X1
Sawk x1
Cheren x3
Pokemon Communication x4
Skyarrow Bridge x1
Fire Energy Basic x12
Fighting EEnergy Basic x7

The main point of this deck is to burn them out. Using Arcanine to burn them and Volcarona to do double damage with burns. Excadrill will do damage to the bench along with the other card. What do you guys think?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Hey guys, I'm hoping to go to regionals this year and this is the deck I built;

Throh x1
Arcanine x3
Growlithe x4
Cilan x2
Mienshao x2
Meinfoo x2
Larvesta x4
Volcarona x2
Excadrill x1
Drilbur x2
Riolu x3
Lucario x1
Chansey x2
Blissey x1
Terrakion EX x1
Entei EX X1
Sawk x1
Cheren x3
Pokemon Communication x4
Skyarrow Bridge x1
Fire Energy Basic x12
Fighting EEnergy Basic x7

The main point of this deck is to burn them out. Using Arcanine to burn them and Volcarona to do double damage with burns. Excadrill will do damage to the bench along with the other card. What do you guys think?

I'd do something like this:

Arcanine x4
Growlithe x4
Larvesta x4
Volcarona (DEX) x4
Emolga (DRX) x3

Cheren x3
Juniper x4
N x4
Random Receiver x2
Heavy Ball x3
Pokémon Catcher x3
Super Rod x2
Tool Scrapper x3
Switch x2

Fire Energy Basic x12
Double Colourless Energy x2

I've thickened your Pokémon lines for maximum consistency and added 3 Emolga DRX. Emolga is a great starter Pokémon because you can easily get some basic Pokémon on your bench which is great in modified. I've removed the Fighting type Pokémon and Entei EX and added some more Trainer cards. 4 N and 4 Juniper alongside 3 Cheren provides good draw support while Random Receiver gets you those supporters more easily. Tool Scrapper is very useful against Garbodor which otherwise shuts down Burning Scales and the strategy of your deck. Switch is useful to prevent being locked with a Volcarona without energy in the active position, Heavy Ball let's you search your Pokémon with a high retreat cost (every Pokémon but Emolga) with no disadvantages. Double Colourless Energy allows you to attack with Volcarona faster.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
I'd do something like this:

Arcanine x4
Growlithe x4
Larvesta x4
Volcarona (DEX) x4
Emolga (DRX) x3

Cheren x3
Juniper x4
N x4
Random Receiver x2
Heavy Ball x3
Pokémon Catcher x3
Super Rod x2
Tool Scrapper x3
Switch x2

Fire Energy Basic x12
Double Colourless Energy x2

I've thickened your Pokémon lines for maximum consistency and added 3 Emolga DRX. Emolga is a great starter Pokémon because you can easily get some basic Pokémon on your bench which is great in modified. I've removed the Fighting type Pokémon and Entei EX and added some more Trainer cards. 4 N and 4 Juniper alongside 3 Cheren provides good draw support while Random Receiver gets you those supporters more easily. Tool Scrapper is very useful against Garbodor which otherwise shuts down Burning Scales and the strategy of your deck. Switch is useful to prevent being locked with a Volcarona without energy in the active position, Heavy Ball let's you search your Pokémon with a high retreat cost (every Pokémon but Emolga) with no disadvantages. Double Colourless Energy allows you to attack with Volcarona faster.

The first thing I see, that I thought of as "meh" was the 4 N. I don't want to give my opponent the opportunity to draw a new hand and possibly get somthing that can screw me over. I will not be playing in modified. This years Regional Tournament plays from Black & White on up. So HG/SS will not be a legal play set. Would the list you gave me still be in effect? Cause I have every card from the Dark Explorers and I'm starting my Dragons Exalted collection and unless tool scrapper is in there I cannot play it. I agree with the Juniper however I dissagree with the taking out of the fighting pokemon cause the double burn + the bench damage = (to me at least) an easy win. Doing 30 damage to a bench pokemon alongside volcarona doing it's "double burn". Now that you know that this will be only Black & White on up what do you say about the list and modifications?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
The first thing I see, that I thought of as "meh" was the 4 N. I don't want to give my opponent the opportunity to draw a new hand and possibly get somthing that can screw me over. I will not be playing in modified. This years Regional Tournament plays from Black & White on up. So HG/SS will not be a legal play set. Would the list you gave me still be in effect? Cause I have every card from the Dark Explorers and I'm starting my Dragons Exalted collection and unless tool scrapper is in there I cannot play it. I agree with the Juniper however I dissagree with the taking out of the fighting pokemon cause the double burn + the bench damage = (to me at least) an easy win. Doing 30 damage to a bench pokemon alongside volcarona doing it's "double burn". Now that you know that this will be only Black & White on up what do you say about the list and modifications?
I see, though you don't have to play N everytime you have one in your hand. Playing conservative can be very important in the current BW-on format, and late game when you're behind, N can give you the opportunity to come back. A well timed N works wonders so I've learned over the past few months. The list I posted is BW-on and is tournament legal, and Tool Scrapper probably won't matter too much as long as your metagame isn't filled with Garbodor. I thought the fighting Pokémon would only make your deck more inconsistent as you don't need them for your deck to work properly. Of course you can swap some cards with fighting Pokémon if you prefer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
I see, though you don't have to play N everytime you have one in your hand. Playing conservative can be very important in the current BW-on format, and late game when you're behind, N can give you the opportunity to come back. A well timed N works wonders so I've learned over the past few months. The list I posted is BW-on and is tournament legal, and Tool Scrapper probably won't matter too much as long as your metagame isn't filled with Garbodor. I thought the fighting Pokémon would only make your deck more inconsistent as you don't need them for your deck to work properly. Of course you can swap some cards with fighting Pokémon if you prefer.

I like the fire fighting concept of burn and then smash. But I'll see what I can do to modify the deck because you do have some good points. I was seeing how I wasn't getting many basic pokemon. I want to keep the blissey because of heals. But I might throw in the emolga for basics only.

Back