• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Well, I tried unLZ-- It keeps giving me what looks like colored static images, and RS Ball ONLY brought up sprites, and gave an option to dump all of the sprites to the directory that the program was in

Depends, actually. If you're using FR as a base, from ~800 to 1600 is all clear!

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
And I just tried, HackedunLZ doesn't have a dump function that will do more than one at a time, which was the reason I used RS Ball.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2022
Okay I have a problem.

I have a big map and inserted my own tiles. When I go into the map, from another road, everything is good. But as soon as I enter the Pokemon Center and go back to the map a few selected tiles go crazy.

What could cause this?

Thx in advance for your help

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay, so in the Battle Tower of Ruby/Sapphire, there's some list of Pokemon that are randomized to become the opponent Trainer's Pokemon, correct? Well, in Ruby/Sapphire, that list only has Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex, but in Emerald that list includes Pokemon in the National Dex.

I have two questions:
1. Does anyone know where the pointer of the list in Ruby is located?
2. Does anyone know where the offset of the list in Emerald is located? (And also what offset the list ends)

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I have a few questions, some of which may be simple, some of which, not so much. I'm using Fire Red as the ROM I'm hacking.

1. How do I edit the title screen and the world map?

2. How do I get a script related song to continue playing after exiting the "give a nickname to the Pokémon" screen?

3. THIS IS THE BIG IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT COULD EITHER SAVE OR KILL MY HACK. I've progressed quite a good ways into my hack, but somewhere along the way the Oak intro got glitched. Right after he says "This world... ...is inhabited by creatures we call Pokémon.", the game just freezes. This also happens in every trainer battle in the game; right after the opponent sends out their Pokémon, the game freezes. Almost the same for wild Pokémon battles, however, it gets to the point where you send your Pokémon out, then it shows a glitched sprite and the game freezes. Does anyone have any idea what went wrong?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How do I post pictures of a ROM Hack onto a thread? I know it requires Photobucket and posting images on there. Also how do I make my ROM Hack into an IPS/UPS/APS file, and how do I make a download link?

Use Lunar IPS to get the patch from your game and place it as an attachment to your post. With pictures (Imageshack hosts them longer), you have to place them on your account and copy the BB Code that it provides for you.

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
Years
does anyone know why this happens.
i got a sprite sheet with the OverWorld i wanted,i index them with infraview, save them as .BMP.everything goes normal but when i open them in paint i crop to the size of one OW (for each frame)when i go to save them they turn out grayscaled.idk why.If anyone can help me it would be greatfuly appreciated.

--------
~Fury
--------

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
how do you store a value from 0x800D(lastresult) to r1?
To store the value in r1 to 0x800D...
Code:
ldr r2, .Var_800D
strh r1, [r2]
and to load the value of 0x800D to r1...
Code:
ldr r1, .Var_800D
ldrh r1, [r1]
then at the bottom of your routine put
Code:
.Var_800D: .word 0x020370d0
which is the RAM offset of 0x800D (in firered).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
To store the value in r1 to 0x800D...
Code:
ldr r2, .Var_800D
strh r1, [r2]
and to load the value of 0x800D to r1...
Code:
ldr r1, .Var_800D
ldrh r1, [r1]
then at the bottom of your routine put
Code:
which is the RAM offset of 0x800D (in firered).
it worked, thanks..

but something seem wrong on my routine..it freeze.

in my script, i have
Code:
setvar 0x800D 0x01
and in my routine, i have
Code:
ldr r1, .Var_800D
ldrh r1, [r1]
but when i used
Code:
mov r1, #0x01
it work just fine..can you help me with this?

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
it worked, thanks..

but something seem wrong on my routine..it freeze.

in my script, i have
Code:
setvar 0x01 0x800D
and in my script, i have
Code:
ldr r1, .Var_800D
ldrh r1, [r1]

but when i used
Code:
mov r1, #0x01
it work just fine..can you help me with this?
Sorry, I forgot to mention before that the address needs to be aligned:
Code:
.align 4
Tell me if that works. We can continue this over MSN or PM, if you like.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Sorry, I forgot to mention before that the address needs to be aligned:
Code:
.align 4
Tell me if that works. We can continue this over MSN or PM, if you like.
but i did aligned it..or maybe there is something wrong with my routine.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2022
Okay so I have put some custom tiles in a tileset.. What is happening now is that everytime when I enter a door some of those tiles are acting like doors.. They show an animation and well, become messed up.

The big problem is that when I enter a Pokemon Center for example and I leave to come back to my map those tiles will stay messed up.

How do I fix this?
(And my behaviour bytes and background bytes are all correct)

Thx in advance for helping me.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Okay so I have put some custom tiles in a tileset.. What is happening now is that everytime when I enter a door some of those tiles are acting like doors.. They show an animation and well, become messed up.

The big problem is that when I enter a Pokemon Center for example and I leave to come back to my map those tiles will stay messed up.

How do I fix this?
(And my behaviour bytes and background bytes are all correct)

Thx in advance for helping me.
I had the EXACT same problem as you and know EXACTLY how to fix it. For each tile that messes up, in the block editor, you have to use the top-left of tileset 1 invisible colour (if you know what I mean) rather than the invisible colour from tileset 2 on the Up and then what you want the block to be on the Down (if a block uses the Up and Down and is also messed up then it means that you need to fill in the blank space/s in the block with the invisible from Tileset 1), make any sense? If it doesn't make sense PM me and I can describe it in more detail with screenshots etc.

I have a question,
Is there a way to edit the 2nd frame of the animated sprites in Emerald? If so how? (It's not in unLZ).

Years
I am going to see if this works:

If you are wondering this is from a Septo Conquest styled ROM Hack in which I am taking a break from. I'll make a thread later for the game 'Pokemon Night!' when I feel like it. :l When I do make a thread there will be an alpha available. I'll mention more later. Anyways thank you Heart's Soul.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I am going to see if this works:

If you are wondering this is from a Septo Conquest styled ROM Hack in which I am taking a break from. I'll make a thread later for the game 'Pokemon Night!' when I feel like it. :l When I do make a thread there will be an alpha available. I'll mention more later. Anyways thank you Heart's Soul.
I saw a tile error, just to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back