The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
60-card highlander means you can only play 1 of each card. There are otherwise no deckbuilding restrictions. You only have 1 of each right now so ... yeah.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
Oh gotcha. That'd work if I just added my side deck and swapped one of the MST for something haha.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Cirrus

Not that many people actually play the format : p if you want to improve your Plant deck you'd have to give a vision of what you want it to do. Mark of the Rose is a really good card that combines well with a proliferation with variable-leveled monsters and / or Tuners, so keep that in mind; for your archetype, it is a powerhouse card (I mean who doesn't love brain control right). You might consider combining it with GigaVise and going for the Hidden Armory plays, but that makes life slightly difficult at times.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old September 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Idk, anything centered around Gigaplant seems rather deck-clogging, especially if I try to run more than 1 Gigaplant. But what do I know haha.

Essentially I have all these random monsters that summon from the Graveyard, which I basically do to Synchro or XYZ summon. That's really the main goal of the deck.
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Looking to make either a harpie theme'd or general Wind theme'd deck. Anyone got any good ideas?

Wind Theme...giving a general focus card would help.

I do not have Lightning Plover...please no focusing on it.

I will work on a basic Harpie when I get home tonight...just wanted to get a few other options out while I'm waiting to go home.
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I do not have Lightning Plover...please no focusing on it.
Well if we're only allowed to suggest cards you already have, it might be useful to give us a list of random WIND stuff you own?

Old September 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Well if we're only allowed to suggest cards you already have, it might be useful to give us a list of random WIND stuff you own?
Its mostly just Lightning Plover that I wanted to avoid since I see a lot of deck with that as a focus. Anything else is pretty much fine. I've got a ton of cards. Plan on cateloging them sometime in the future XD

But ya its just no "lightning plover this and that". I got a lot of that from friends ^w^;;
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:22 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Its mostly just Lightning Plover that I wanted to avoid since I see a lot of deck with that as a focus. Anything else is pretty much fine. I've got a ton of cards. Plan on cateloging them sometime in the future XD

But ya its just no "lightning plover this and that". I got a lot of that from friends ^w^;;
Fabulous! Well my first rec would be Lightning Plo-oh wait.

Generic WIND is perhaps a tad lacking. If I were to build a WIND deck I'd probably revolve it around one of the Simorghs. I like Bird of Divinity and Dark Simorgh very much, though I guess the latter one might be a bit too hybrid-y for what you're trying to achieve.

I've never built a deck based on Bird of Divinity before but it could actually be quite fun with some sort of weird burn / backrow-loving build! Would be interested in seeing the results if you did go down that route.

OH and I have to mention The Atmosphere too! Love this card so much, would like to build a deck around it myself someday!

If you end up making a proper Harpie deck, there are some fun varients to try. Obviously the most noteworthy ones are Pure + Divine (which is focused on Harpie Dancer / Divine Wind shenanigans, though I feel you might already know that), but there's a fun Dragunity hybrid that just came around recently and works surprisingly well!

Old September 11th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Cirrus

I think if you're looking for a WIND deck which doesn't often make Chidori, you will want to look at the roboplanes that we got in the last two or three sets. They're pretty cool (a bunch of neat tricks you can do with Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi, which is an awesome card by the way, as well as the tokens you get randomly from ... well ok never mind). You can even play Scapegoat! Seriously go check the roboplanes out.

(Yes, I recommend external token generation largely because 1, you can do whatever you want with them as long as you don't want to bump your roboplanes' levels, and 2, they are much easier to summon. Scapegoat is legendary because it gives you 4 shots with your effects and also serves as a 4-sheep defense if nothing else.)

Roboplanes play okay with Divine Wind / Harpie Dancer. Tempest on the other hand is actually surprisingly decent (you may wish to run Debris Dragon for Black Rose via Raystealth).

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

Old September 28th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Pre-ordered a box of Shadow Specterssss. This is why I yugioh, for the feeling of opening dem packs.
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

I've just ordered 36 cards to make a Gishki deck for myself. They were all from the same dealer and they didn't have the other 4 so I've left them for now, as well as the extra deck because I barely ever use that with Gishki anyway. It's such a fun deck, and so shiny too! So many Secret Rares *.*

Old September 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Yeah I've actually been playing around with a Gishki deck lately too, I love being able to use Rituals again. And yeah, most, if not all of them are from Hidden Arsenals I think, so there are like no non-foils.
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Boss Salamence

Username: Hunter994x
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Does Horus count?
Favourite card: Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel?
If so, what is it?

Also, what do you guys think of Cyber Dragon Nova?
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Cyber Dragon Nova has great effects but has absolutely nothing to make them usable right now. We need to know more cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush'd View Post
Yeah I've actually been playing around with a Gishki deck lately too, I love being able to use Rituals again. And yeah, most, if not all of them are from Hidden Arsenals I think, so there are like no non-foils.
The Hidden Arsenals are actually so fabulous. I wish ALL sets were that shiny

PRETTY.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
You just need something as good looking as Frogs. ;) Imagine Beelze Frog or Unifrog with foil art and say they wouldn't be the damn prettiest cards in the game. I find that a lot of the newer archetypes have become too detailed with their cards and it takes away from the charm a little, but equally a lot of the older cards look pretty awful so I'm not sure which I prefer. Do you guys prefer the older or newer art?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

I always thought Unifrog should be a foil. And I happen to like the new art a bit more. When I think of the old art, I think of Vanillas which kind of all have the same style going on. But with all the different archetypes now the artwork can branch out a bit.

My one qualm about the newer art:
Spoiler:
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

I still don't understand what happened with Prophecy Destroyer. I refuse to think of it as part of the Prophecy archetype with that ridiculous art. Lots of people like that kind of art (seen also in the Noble Knights) but I'd really rather the more cartoony art stayed. I have no interest in looking at Magic: The Gathering cards.

I do prefer modern art in general, though. They're so much more distinctive, and random explosions of colour aren't the only things in the background anymore. I won't say I like all modern art, obviously, but the art from a decade ago looks positively childish in comparison.

Old October 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM
loki123

which do you guys think is cooler pokemon? or yu-gi-oh?
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I'm trying to get back into the game (I only really play it casually against my brother anyway), but I've missed a lot since I stopped playing about 4 years ago when synchros were just being introduced. Any tips on what I should be buying to build a worthy deck?

I'm starting back off with the Saga of Blue Eyes White Dragon structure deck because Blue-Eyes was always my staple card and it makes sense to start off with a structure deck (yeah they're usually pretty crap, but it gives me a base to modify from). I'm happy to hear anything else I should buy (packs/collections/decks/anything). I've found a reasonably cheap place to buy Gold Series 5 from so I might try my luck with one of those as well. I can't wait to get the feeling I had opening packs again to be honest.

And for the purposes of the club...

Username: Nuke
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Elemental Hero (I happened to have a lot of pack luck with E-Hero fusions that were Super Rare at the time so I ended up building a deck around them and I enjoyed it)
Favourite card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Come on, it's the classic, the first episode of the anime builds it up as a great, rare card. The first set was based around it. Even the movie had a Blue-Eyes related card as one of the major cards)

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Master_Bait
にょろーん~

Nature: Jolly
Username:Master_Bait
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: E-Hero deck (and my current decks, the Mermail series and my "randomly-made" Light Deck)
Favourite card: Starliege Paladynamo (he's the ace card of my Light Deck, and cause he looks cool)

Just asking, what's the best Light deck?
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Rycanthropy
Wrecking Ball

Nature: Sassy
Haven't played this game since the new banlist came out, it's a little more sane now, but I miss the crazy times when E-Dragons were a thing. xD

Also when One Day of Peace was at 3. My win/lose for a Final Countdown Rogue deck was like 40/2 or something, ah the ragequits

Sponsored Links