• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Global Trade Station

Lecapria

Jellyfish with Headphones
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
I was just in the GTS. all the pokemon in there are wanted for either Reshiram or Zekrom at level 9 or lower =-= They need a way of filtering those out, or adding a search for what pokemon ppl are looking for

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I was just in the GTS. all the pokemon in there are wanted for either Reshiram or Zekrom at level 9 or lower =-= They need a way of filtering those out, or adding a search for what pokemon ppl are looking for

Yeah, it's really weird. Do they really expect to get those Pokemon or are they cloning.. I remember there was this cheat where you could clone via GTS on older games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
i dont mind trading sucky pokemon for other sucky pokemon! it sometimes helps in a certain area. especially restarting the whole journey

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I do use the GTS. I use it to get the pokemon I really want but can't catch. I recently traded one of my Torchics for a Cheruby and just today I received a Piplup for my Ditto.
Only one problem... it's hacked... well, it was a bad natured Ditto anyways.

FrozenPhoenix96

Show me your power!!!
Years

Yeah, I hate that people that are doing that.
Its really annoying, because the other normal offers are kicked out because there are 90% offers that are requesting Reshiram or Zekrom Level 9 or lower... -.-"
It's really annoying.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
I dislike GTS because you can't get pokemon not in your pokedex- otherwise, I think its a good system

Years
I couldn't agree more! I was recently searching for another Japanese Ditto (since my cousin needs one as well) and everybody was offering their Japanese Ditto for Reshiram and Zekrom (at "level 9 or lower"). It's sooo annoying. ._.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
Ive been using GTS negotiations for a long time now cause i find it awesome i once got a shiny mewtwo
(WOWSERS)
and a shiny Altaria ....I LOVE ALTARIAS .... dont judge me >:(
anyway here are some tricks for GTSN
1 use those icons in the corner
2 use the smiley face once u start (1st impressions)
3 if they show a boring pokemon or one u have, show a sad face
4 if they show a legendary or shiney show an !
5 if they have the pokemon u came for show a heart
6 if they have a nice pokemon u want show a smiley face
7 be sure that u have good pokemon too
8 U need to fight with them (kind of) if they show a good pokemon u show one even better
9 dont overdo it and become a showoff
10 if they have stupid pokemon and are just noobs then its acceptable that u ditch the negotiations

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
GTS does have some good moments, I got a female Timid Zorua last night. Some other ones (mostly for Dex filling) were Scolipede, Walrein, and a pretty high level Vanillish.

The requests for lv. 9 and under Zekrom and Reshiram are complete jokes though. Honestly I would love to find a way to get a legit Zekrom/Reshiram in that level range just to mess with the punks showing off their impossible to trade Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I've tried using the GTS one or two times, but because of error issues I couldn't do anything. This may be due to the Magnemite Coil overloading the servers though. What annoys me the most however is how most of the offers are for Lv. 1 Zekroms since it is impossible to trade for those. I have gotten a few random goodies from the GTS including a Giratina that passed Pokecheck's legality check. :D

Reactions: EB

Zeyon

Beginning Trainer
Years
I only ever used the GTS once.. and didn't get anything that I wanted. I even put in a Level 35 Shiny Charmeleon, and all I wanted was a level 10 and up Turtwip. Nothing. That was also when I first started playing, so I didn't know that, ultimately.. I was screwing myself, if that trade even went through.

I would like to get involved in Negotiation trading over GTS, but I need a little more experience with these games before I do something like that.. namely, learning more of the Pokemon, which are best for what, having planned out EV teams with movesets, etc etc..

For the most part, I'll only be getting involved in trades with people from this Community, because I've gathered from the few that I've spoken directly to, and those that have added their own marks to posts I've made.. this community is an honest bunch.. so I know I won't be getting screwed.

Anyway.. that's my two cents: Didn't like my first experiences, but open to trying again once I learn more, and know what to look for.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
I use both GTS's mostly the regular one because i dont know what people want in negotiations!
Yes,because fills up my dex i could get shinies i even haz a mesprit now!
No i just get whatever I want no shinies or perfrect pokemon except for level 100 purugly.
Dex fillers except for my purugly i use it in my team!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
i only had one good trade on negotiations. i traded my level 25 N's zorua for some kid in japans lvl 45 Virizion. peoples expectaions on trading is too high and demands legendaries just for a lvl 1 starter pokemon.

Years
I actually got two good trades. One was a gible for a female dewott and the other was a hippowdon for a larvitar. I then traded the hippowdon to the girl in Accumula town for that timid Alakazam...so all in all not bad.
I remember in HG I got a shiny totodile and all I had to trade was a spinarak lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I don't ever use the actual GTS mainly cause it's full of everyone asking for impossible Pokemon, especially Lv. 5 and under Zekroms and Reshirams. Every once in awhile there is a reasonable offer though, you just have to be patient and check all the time lol Maybe sometime in the future this will be fixed so then there would be more reasonable offers.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
The GTS seems to be almost completely useless in my opinion. Though unlikely, I'd like to see Nintendo place a stricter filter system on it. I've received a lot of hacked Gen III event Pokemon off of it in the past >.<

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I friggin' sincerely hate all those offers like: lvl up to 10 Reshiram. Seriously? People, be reasonable.
My thought behind this is that the people are using the GTS glitch to clone since most of the offers I see are shinies. But if that's so, then why don't they remove the Pokemon after they're done... do they leave them there to taunt others? D:

Back