• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Well then, my partner backed out and chose another partner cuz he didn't wanna deal with random. That's what you guys get for annoying me into doing the challenge. >:3

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
This is general and about trade, so I'm putting it here.

Has Gamefreak implemented some safe way of doing trade evolutions? This was one of the things I hated the most since the original games. But back when it was done via link cable, it was somewhat safe because you would only do it with a friend, who would return your Pokémon afterwards.

Nowadays, however, we have the GTS. If you need a quick trade to evolve your Pokémon, and you have no available trustworthy people, what can you do? This is what's hindering me from buying the actual carts instead of a flashcart, because I love a lot of the Pokémon that evolve via trade, but trading with anyone you find runs a high risk of losing your Pokémon.

Also, do people still trade in 4th gen?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nowadays, however, we have the GTS. If you need a quick trade to evolve your Pokémon, and you have no available trustworthy people, what can you do? This is what's hindering me from buying the actual carts instead of a flashcart, because I love a lot of the Pokémon that evolve via trade, but trading with anyone you find runs a high risk of losing your Pokémon.

You could ask a reputable trader if they'd help you with it. I've seen people negotiate it in #tradecorner before. Some people post in the Quick Trade Thread for it, but idk, not always can random traders be trustworthy. Most people with trade shops are good candidates.

And yes, some people still do 4th gen trades.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
You could ask a reputable trader if they'd help you with it. I've seen people negotiate it in #tradecorner before. Some people post in the Quick Trade Thread for it, but idk, not always can random traders be trustworthy. Most people with trade shops are good candidates.

And yes, some people still do 4th gen trades.

Actually with trade backs I'd only trust people with an established reputation here. Not all people with trade shops are honest.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
On the subject of the gts, I typed a random fc, then wint to the wi fi room, then they traded me legit shinys, then got annoyed and started putting sad faces.

tabor62

Years
I hate the fact that GTS hasn't dealt with the people that are still asking for legendary pokemon Level 9 and under

There isn't really much they can do about it other than making it so that certain Pokemon can only asked for or traded at a certain level. That takes more work and we all know no one likes to work :P well, most people at least.

On the subject of the gts, I typed a random fc, then wint to the wi fi room, then they traded me legit shinys, then got annoyed and started putting sad faces.

I don't really get what you mean, how does a friend code and the Wi-Fi room pertain to the GTS?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years

wow, thats like the most unlikely thing i've ever heard of. pretty sweet!

come on guuuuyssss, roosterman need a partner too.
foreveralone.png

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat: Brag Edition! :P
Finally had this! I restarted SoulSilver just for yewwww.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'd love a partner to participate in this challenge, but I can't find a sweetheart :( *forever alone*

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
There isn't really much they can do about it other than making it so that certain Pokemon can only asked for or traded at a certain level. That takes more work and we all know no one likes to work :P well, most people at least.

/QUOTE]

I think here it's mostly that the extra work won't equal extra money. People don't pay to use the GTS, so this flaw in it's design (which should have been percieved by Nintendo/GameFreak before release... *sigh*) is something that we all just have to deal with. I am guessing that a lot of those requests for low level Lengedary's are just kids that don't know better and have no clue that if they get what they are asking for it will be a hack.

tabor62

Years

I think here it's mostly that the extra work won't equal extra money. People don't pay to use the GTS, so this flaw in it's design (which should have been percieved by Nintendo/GameFreak before release... *sigh*) is something that we all just have to deal with. I am guessing that a lot of those requests for low level Lengedary's are just kids that don't know better and have no clue that if they get what they are asking for it will be a hack.

Or it's just a bunch of people trying to clone them via the GTS glitch.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I think people just use it to try (and fail) to clone like Tabor said... or they just think they're showing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back